Torture

1004415_593512317337304_1076357743_n.jpg

It's downright scary. I shudder to think what is coming. In some states they already have it on the books to use guillotines for death penalty. To me? That is going backwards here. You have police using tazers on people and to me that is also crossing the line. I don't agree with it. I am also told they now have shock collars! What the heck! That is like what someone would put on a dog to train him! ( and I wouldn't dare ever use on of those on an animal )

-Jeri

Leave it to the hate-America crowd to equate non-lethal tools used by Police agencies with torture devices used in emerging nations in Africa.

I'm not a hate America person but I don't agree with order of over 1 billion hollow point bullets by HLS, the big brother spy mission launched on American people, check point booths, nor the laser guns, the guillotine orders, and shock collars they are going to use to arrest ordinary citizens. Something is seriously wrong with the direction America is headed. imo.

I'm not a hate America person but I don't agree with order of over 1 billion hollow point bullets by HLS, the big brother spy mission launched on American people, check point booths, nor the laser guns, the guillotine orders, and shock collars they are going to use to arrest ordinary citizens. Something is seriously wrong with the direction America is headed. imo.
America is headed in the way it must. There is a new world and the country needs to adjust.

It is one of the few things I respect Obama for.

America is headed in the way it must. There is a new world and the country needs to adjust.

Nonsense!!

First? This isn't his plan. This is Kissingers plan according to Bilderberg blueprint. Second? Good for who exactly? Certainly not good for the 98%. For the 2%? Life would be peachy I'm sure.

As to what this country needs? It definitely isn't a new world order. What this country needs is order restored to the vision our founding fathers had for America. Not Russia, not communists,not Nazi global elitists like Solvay Belgians, not Sharia Islamists, none of that. We want America restored. Not replaced. ( with communism - the founder of the term new world order )

First? This isn't his plan. This is Kissingers plan according to Bilderberg blueprint. Second? Good for who exactly? Certainly not good for the 98%. For the 2%? Life would be peachy I'm sure.

As to what this country needs? It definitely isn't a new world order. What this country needs is order restored to the vision our founding fathers had for America. Not Russia, not communists,not Nazi global elitists like Solvay Belgians, not Sharia Islamists, none of that. We want America restored. Not replaced. ( with communism - the founder of the term new world order )
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. I doubt you have either.

Yes I do. I have just stated that I don't believe America needs a new world order program shoved down our throats. What part of that don't you understand? You think Obama came up with the idea of a new world order? Seriously?

Furthermore, While knowledge may be good, I prefer Einsteins take on it: Imagination is greater than knowledge.

Bye now.

This is a diffcult issue to balance, because on one hand America demeans itself in the effort to save lives, while on the other it does nothing and lives are needlessly lost. What is more important? The moral image of our nation, or the protection and/or salvation of our loved ones? I'm inclined to believe that there's some basis to the notion that torture can extract valuable data. It may not always be accurate, but in my opinion it's better than a quiet, stony glare. I'm willing to dirty my hands if it means protecting my family and perhaps, yours as well? Meaning, there could have been unthwarted terrorist attacks that would have snuffed out the lives of your loved ones, but were ultimately stopped using torture. I believe the greater good is preventing the loss of life.

Terrorists being tortured can survive—people being murdered can't.

Is it better to have cops taser a violent person or shoot them....
Gosh, I have seen the police shoot and I would rather have them try to hit me with a bullet.

Try to see the reality of the situation..... please?

Isn't the US better than this?

Personally I think some people deserve to be tortured. :evil:
Sure. There are a LOT of people that deserve torture. The government on the other hand should never have that kind of power though. I don’t care how bad you are or what you have done, there is never a reason for the government to come in and make that kind of determination on another human.

If there is a God, then that is the sole arbiter of how should and should not be ‘tortured.’
This is a diffcult issue to balance, because on one hand America demeans itself in the effort to save lives, while on the other it does nothing and lives are needlessly lost. What is more important? The moral image of our nation, or the protection and/or salvation of our loved ones? I'm inclined to believe that there's some basis to the notion that torture can extract valuable data. It may not always be accurate, but in my opinion it's better than a quiet, stony glare. I'm willing to dirty my hands if it means protecting my family and perhaps, yours as well? Meaning, there could have been unthwarted terrorist attacks that would have snuffed out the lives of your loved ones, but were ultimately stopped using torture. I believe the greater good is preventing the loss of life.

Terrorists being tortured can survive—people being murdered can't.
Unfortunately for this argument, torture has been shown to be one of the least effective means of extracting valuable data from a subject. Further, you are most certainly not protecting your loved ones by giving the government the ability to torture those that it feels it ‘needs’ to. Rather, you are putting them in GRAVE danger of living under a runaway government. IT has absolutely nothing to do with moral high ground. It has everything to do with how much you are willing to trust some random governmental official with an insane amount of power over your life.
Is it better to have cops taser a violent person or shoot them....
Gosh, I have seen the police shoot and I would rather have them try to hit me with a bullet.

Try to see the reality of the situation..... please?
Police use of Tasers is not a form of torture. The ‘source’ is a crock of shit in that regard. Not only are Tasers not torture, they are a VERY effective non-lethal tool for the cops. What would constitute torture would be the repeated use of a Taser in some not so nice places while you were restrained or otherwise not in a situation that a Taser was warranted. The site *should* have made that clear.

TASERs are usually a non-lethal device but the do sometims cause death. Still, I agree that they are a good alternative to deadly force. (even if the police don't usually hit what they intend)

Unfortunately for this argument, torture has been shown to be one of the least effective means of extracting valuable data from a subject. Further, you are most certainly not protecting your loved ones by giving the government the ability to torture those that it feels it ‘needs’ to. Rather, you are putting them in GRAVE danger of living under a runaway government. IT has absolutely nothing to do with moral high ground. It has everything to do with how much you are willing to trust some random governmental official with an insane amount of power over your life.

Your counter-argument has merits, and I appreciate your insight. In truth I'm a bit skeptical about torture being one of the least effective means of extracting valuable data. Torture, from my perspective, would seem effective. Snap my hands in half and break my knees while eyeing my ribs, and you'll likely meet success in gathering accurate information. Then again, I have little knowledge or studies relating to torture and its effectiveness.

There is a certain danger in giving the government the power to torture those it thinks it needs to. If they have the ability to torture them, who can say they won't start considering others? By giving a powerful government these privileges, it can take a foot for the inch you give it. Maybe some of these latest scandals in the Obama administration add weight to that point of view.

Honestly, your last sentence is both damning and accurate. I certainly don't trust politicians and bureaucrats, and am uncomfortable already with the kinds of power they already possess.

Forum List

Back