Torture is wrong and unAmerican, nothing but neo-con filth

Vigilante comes from the old tradition of being a bullying cowardly blow hard with no redeeming social value or any other redeeming features you faker .,..you bum you...

You Pond Scum always say the nicest things about me.... A shame you weren't at the WTC on 9/11, would have saved the country another flaming liberal that would let the terrorist alone, so they can continually come back and attack us, and, if you made it through, you could have come back to tell us how REAL TORTURE felt like!

157201_600.jpg

I recall reading this astute commentary after 9/11...you right wing terrorists are totally obtuse to who and what you really are...cut from the same cloth as the Taliban...

October 16, 2001

What's truly ironic about this whole war is that the conservatives in our country do not seem to realize that the Taliban is simply an extreme version of the same primal impulse that drives them.

In every population there is a distribution of conservative to progressive, aggressive to peaceful, etc. The famous classical game theoretic model, the Hawk-Dove contest, shows that the evolutionarily stable population in that model is not all hawks or all doves, but rather a certain degree of each; in that model, 58% "doves" and 42% "hawks". It stands to reason that it is expected that you will have both types of personality in your population. Similarly, I believe a stable distribution of political sensibility is probably one with both progressive and conservative elements.

Of course, it's funny how the same personality type seems to latch on to radically different ideas depending on the society. "Conservatives" here profess a belief in capitalism and extol the virtues of the good old days of the 1950's, a half century ago; "conservatives" in Russia pine for the bygone days of the stability of the old Soviet empire. I believe that the propensity in conservatives is not towards ideologies per se, but rather towards status quo versus change. I'd bet you'd find much more psychologically (and perhaps genetically?) similar between conservatives here and in Russia, despite the fact that they profess supposedly opposite nostalgias.

But of course a typical conservative doesn't look at the conservatism of their enemy and learn to moderate themselves; they see the enemy as an "other", as confirmation of their own rigid views, despite the evident similarity between the two stances.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex
Terrorism is liberal ideology.

Yea, liberals are pussies, pacifists, doves, and peaceniks, AND terrorists.

You folks on the right need to look in a mirror. There is NOTHING liberal about terrorism.

You weren't included in this post. You included yourself. I was responding to thanatos144
Given the primacy of my position in the dialogue pecking order in your post #711, a reasonable person would have inferred you were talking to me, not someone else.

In any event, the observation stands.

It is always difficult to negotiate with a Nation that murders and tortures and has the largest prison population in the whole world however I still think Cuba did the right thing in negotiating with the US Military Industrial Complex Empire...the abominable MICE...

Cuba released 55 prisoners...Alan Gross..a US spy mole captured in 1995 and 53 other Cuban so called "political prisoners"...those released provided material support to a foreign Government to with the US in its efforts to destroy the Cuban Government...the US released three Cuban heroes...

It is always difficult to negotiate with a Nation that murders and tortures and has the largest prison population in the whole world however I still think Cuba did the right thing in negotiating with the US Military Industrial Complex Empire...the abominable MICE...

Cuba released 55 prisoners...Alan Gross..a US spy mole captured in 1995 and 53 other Cuban so called "political prisoners"...those released provided material support to a foreign Government to with the US in its efforts to destroy the Cuban Government...the US released three Cuban heroes...
I am an American.

Are you?

I am an American.

Are you?
I am like apple pie baseball and Chevrolet an American...I do oppose the Empire piece though...

Forum List

Back