Torture...An American value?

Today at the Roberto Gonzales hearing Ted Kennedy actually made a coment about the water boarding torture method by saying (paraphrasing here) "he would personally be offended by a drowning feeling"

LOL :laugh:

Um yeah I guess all that booze has taken it's toll on him.

Bonnie said:
Today at the Roberto Gonzales hearing Ted Kennedy actually made a coment about the water boarding torture method by saying (paraphrasing here) "he would personally be offended by a drowning feeling"

This is going to sound horrible, but a few days ago a "psychic" on the radio was giving her 2005 predictions and one of them was that good 'ole Ted (hiccup) Kennedy is going to buy the farm this year. I hope she's right! :splat:

freeandfun1 said:
Bully just likes for everybody to think he is as smart as he thinks he is.

To Bully:

I do not at all believe that torture is an American value, but I sure as hell can tell that it is YOUR value. You know how I can tell? Well, you torture us every day with your bullshit!!

Apparently Bully has a problem with extracting information from terrorists, but when it comes to starving a helpless woman (Terry Schiavo) to death or murdering babies his morality takes a vacation!!!

Bonnie said:

I wonder if the girl he killed was offended by that same "drowning feeling"...

Chappaquiddick seems to have entirely slipped his mind.

no1tovote4 said:

Note that kennedy said that he "personally" would be offended by a drowning feeling. He doesn't give a hoot in hell about anyone else - as he has aptly demonstrated on many occasions.

Have another drink Ted. At least when you're bombed you have an excuse for being a stupid fool.

Merlin1047 said:
Note that kennedy said that he "personally" would be offended by a drowning feeling. He doesn't give a hoot in hell about anyone else - as he has aptly demonstrated on many occasions.

Have another drink Ted. At least when you're bombed you have an excuse for being a stupid fool.

Yes Merlin it is there that you have discovered Teddy's nuance. :thup:

no1tovote4 said:

Yes the hypocracy just keeps on a flowing from these folks :rolleyes:

Merlin1047 said:
Oh poop. Here's the bottom line which you seem to ignore - if we want to win a conflict, we have to be prepared to be more ruthless, more vicious, more merciless and more implacable than the enemy we face. Some say "you're stooping to their level". That's not quite true - we should be WORSE than our enemy. We should be so not because we enjoy it, or because that is our nature, but because that is what it takes to win. And in war, coming in second is not an option. An unpleasant fact and one we should consider BEFORE we commit to fight.

It's too late now. The only sane course of action is to follow through with what we started. Backing off will encourage our enemies and bring about attacks on our own soil which will make 9-11 pale by comparison.

The bottom line you seem top be ignoring is that the course you suggest would make us worse than the terrorists we are fighting. Is that what you really want? Had we scraped Afghanistan out like a gourd and destroyed every last element of Al Qaeda and the Taliban, we would be done by now. But no, Dubbyuh and his neo-con handlers decided that Iraq was necessary to promote US hegemony in the region. So, instead of killing Osama bin Laden and his cronies, and leaving Afghanistan with a stable government, we have an unstable Afghanistan and a situation in Iraq which is spinning wildly out of control. We have the whole region ablaze with anti-American fervor and jihadis lining up for their chance at martyrdom...And you know what? They'll win. They'll win because Dubbyuh et all <b>FAILED</b> to plan this whole debacle beyond getting US boots on the ground in Bagdhad.

Had Dubbyuh and his merry band not decided to follow PNAC's plan, we wouldn't be where we are now. But that's all shit down the toilet. We're there...now...and we have to clean up the mess. But you're not going to do it by being more brutal than the religious zealots and jihadis. They're dying for God. Our troops are dying for no good reason...No good reason at all.

Bonnie said:
Apparently Bully has a problem with extracting information from terrorists, but when it comes to starving a helpless woman (Terry Schiavo) to death or murdering babies his morality takes a vacation!!!

Ya know Bonnie, if you weren't so effing clueless it would be fun debating with you. As it is, it's just pissing in the wind.

Bullypulpit said:
Ya know Bonnie, if you weren't so effing clueless it would be fun debating with you. As it is, it's just pissing in the wind.

you're getting more and more arrogant and dillusional every day bully.... are you off your meds?

Bullypulpit said:

Ad hominem? I expect better from you Bully. People resort to Ad Hominem when they have run out of clever scripting.

Not only that but it is so far off the mark the remark has no teeth.

Bullypulpit said:
As for the victims of 9/11, how can the measure of that act of barbarism ever be taken? But rather than bring the perpetrators of that horror to justice, Our Great Leader went haring off into Iraq, allowing bin Laden and Al Qaeda to slip away and reconstitute their forces.

The best way to bring these losers to "justice" is to boil their balls until they tell us what they know about other terrorists and then send them on their way to meet Allah.

Bullypulpit said:
The real tragedy here lies in the abuse of our forces by a Commander-in-Chief unfit for command.

In case you miss it, Kerry lost.

Bullypulpit said:

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.....

Liberals = :bangheads

no1tovote4 said:
Ad hominem? I expect better from you Bully. People resort to Ad Hominem when they have run out of clever scripting.

Not only that but it is so far off the mark the remark has no teeth.

I give as good as I get old son.

Bullypulpit said:

Garsh Bully you wound me......Sorry if that truthful reply wasn't ZEN enough for you.........You seem to forget something about yourself though....there is no debating with you, you know it all already.....You know all the better battle plans than everyone associated with the Bush administration, all the Generals and so forth. You know exactly how the mind of the terrorist thinks, that's rather remarkable!

Bullypulpit said:
I give as good as I get old son.

No, you didn't. I went back and reread every post to insure I was not in error, but she never attacked you at all. She didn't call you names but gave reasoned argument throughout. It was only you that lost focus and rhetoric and sold out to Ad Hominem attack. Only after your personal and direct attack on the person rather than her arguments did she answer in kind.

By attacking her rather than focusing on the argument it shows that you lack the position to back up your original statement. Either remain on topic and stop the Ad Hominem attacks and actually answer the argument with reason, or simply give up and admit defeat as that is what an Ad Hominem attack is de facto anyway.

Bullypulpit said:

Pathetic...

"Hi! I'm bully! I have no concept on reality, so when faced with facts, I'll attempt to intimidate or threaten or insult those arguing against my position!"

:-/

Bullypulpit said:
Naw...just more pissed off. BTW, where'd you learn to spell?

Because you are a perfect speller?

Bullypulpit said:
They'll win because Dubbyuh et all <b>FAILED</b> to plan this whole debacle beyond getting US boots on the ground in Bagdhad.

Baghdad.

Forum List

Back