~Tornado Warnings~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
This has been happening a lot lately....being under a tornado warning.
Schools were all dismissed and our county was under a warning till about 20 minutes ago, and now it's just a watch till 4:30 est.
A large portion got hit yesterday I saw, about 12 people lost their lives.
This one today....is going right over my head :eek:

And we are on our second go round......the storms headed my way now are supposed to be worse than the earlier ones.
Shit.

You do have a basement? No ... I don't either and whenever I hear that roar of the wind at night in a thunderstorm I always wonder. I had one go right by my house, 100 yards away, many years ago and didn't even know it till the storm was gone and saw the path. It was a small one shrouded in a wall cloud so you couldn't see it. Had another one go over the house (a funnel cloud) that skipped off the ground after it went over but the house shuddered from that one.

Other than those, which occurred when I was young, I've been fortunate in not seeing any others.

it is very unlikely that a person will be killed by a tornado in a year—those odds are 1 in 4,513,000. It is more likely a person will die from a fall off a cliff—1 in 4,101,000—or will be diagnosed with leprosy—1 in 2,930,000.
Book of Odds - Tornadoes: How Deadly Are They?

The air is really unstable right now. Until the jet stream shifts to a more regular path we will have troubles.

Last edited:
I understand that it's a precaution, but you'd think schools are relatively safe shelters rather than everyone being outside driving their kids home while the sirens wail.

Forum List

Back