Tornado outbreak: 3-2-2012

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
Major damage and some deaths in Southern Indiana. Reports are one small town, Marysville, was leveled and the death count is rising. Storms are also in Kentucky and Tennessee and Ohio. Reports of at least 6 dead so far in Indiana. They are saying it was an F4 and half a mile wide with multiple vortices. Bad news.

Tornadoes have killed at least 8 people in Southern Indiana, and a sheriff’s official says at least one town of about 1,900 people is “completely gone.”

Indiana Department of Homeland Security Spokesman John Erickson confirmed three deaths in Jefferson County. At least three other people were found dead in Scott County, and at least two people were killed in Ripley County, officials said.
Tornado rakes Southern Indiana; Marysville, town of 1,900, 'completely gone' | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

It's a dark and stormy night... Seriously, hope everybody in those storm areas can remain safe.

These type of outbreaks usually occur in April not the first of March. We had 60's in central Indiana Wed and almost 60 today. Gonna be winter again tomorrow and Sunday. Just wonder if this is going to be one of those years where tornado outbreaks approach record levels.

I remember the Palm Sunday tornadoes in 1965, had a funnel go right over my house, and the 1974 outbreak.

tornadotrend-5.jpg

Whew, we dodged the bullet this time. It looks so bad on the weather channel maps. Prayers for anyone in the path of those twisters.

Major damage and some deaths in Southern Indiana. Reports are one small town, Marysville, was leveled and the death count is rising. Storms are also in Kentucky and Tennessee and Ohio. Reports of at least 6 dead so far in Indiana. They are saying it was an F4 and half a mile wide with multiple vortices. Bad news.
F4? Pray for those in the path.

Serious damage. Little warning? WTF!
As far south as Georgia now. I'm 300 hundred miles away, and the weather is unstable. One minute cars with their lights on, next few minutes, sun. Heavy rain & thunderstorms coming in.

It has been getting too close for comfort for me here lately.....seems we are having more and more tornadoes than I ever remembered.
Last years tornadoes killed 9 people down the highway from me.

It has been getting too close for comfort for me here lately.....seems we are having more and more tornadoes than I ever remembered.
Last years tornadoes killed 9 people down the highway from me.
We usually don't get tornado watches until later in March also.

It is early to get these type of storms but I am not sure it is indicative of global warming or a precursor to a record year of tornadoes. I remember several years here in Indiana where we had a lot of them. If the climate is changing I am sure the instances of tornado's will rise. As you can see in the map, Indiana gets a its share.

Tornado%2BAlley.gif

It is early to get these type of storms but I am not sure it is indicative of global warming or a precursor to a record year of tornadoes. I remember several years here in Indiana where we had a lot of them. If the climate is changing I am sure the instances of tornado's will rise. As you can see in the map, Indiana gets a its share.

Tornado%2BAlley.gif
The Tri State tornado hit Indiana didn't it? As for weather extremes, someone posted about all the disasters former President Bush reacted to; and also noted the difference with Obama. The fact that there have been so many disasters didn't register I guess.

We're about 40 miles sw of Atlanta. Apparently there's been bad weather in the Atlanta area, and parts of southern GA have tornado watches. Luckily enough, we seem to have been mostly passed by; we have had wind and off and on rain, but nothing major here.

I've never been around a tornado and hope I never am.

We're about 40 miles sw of Atlanta. Apparently there's been bad weather in the Atlanta area, and parts of southern GA have tornado watches. Luckily enough, we seem to have been mostly passed by; we have had wind and off and on rain, but nothing major here.

I've never been around a tornado and hope I never am.
North of Atlanta was hit, supposed to begin here in an hour or so. Now it is STILL & WARM.

Forum List

Back