Torn Gatrocnemus Anyone?

I am always getting torn or beat up working my property

here is a good exercise

Exercises for a Torn Calf Muscle

I decided to get a "Total Gym". That has helped me with numerous injuries and body parts that need more attention or cannot withstand my normal workout regimen at the base. Very focused and my body reacts extremely well to the type of exercise/pt I engage the TG with.

http://www.totalgym.com/

here is a good exercise

I decided to get a "Total Gym". That has helped me with numerous injuries and body parts that need more attention or cannot withstand my normal workout regimen at the base. Very focused and my body reacts extremely well to the type of exercise/pt I engage the TG with.

http://www.totalgym.com/
Thanks, Alex. That's very helpful. I will look into the total gym. I think I'm going to be wary of using my treadmill now. But I have quite a lot of gym equipment I will be less concerned about.
Have you ever worn compression sleeves or other calf support? Some people swear by them, others say there is an increased risk of DVT - I've got both, but don't know if I should use them later when I can run again.

here is a good exercise

Total Gym® Global Leader in Functional Training Since 1974
Thanks, Alex. That's very helpful. I will look into the total gym. I think I'm going to be wary of using my treadmill now. But I have quite a lot of gym equipment I will be less concerned about.
Have you ever worn compression sleeves or other calf support? Some people swear by them, others say there is an increased risk of DVT - I've got both, but don't know if I should use them later when I can run again.

I've heard a lot of people that wear them to prevent shin splints.

BTW, on a serious note, to help speed your recovery try drinking some protein shakes with a little creatine and glutamine in it.

CK, after your first injury, did you ever try running with compression sleeves or calf support?
Yes, I didn't notice any benefit to be honest and ditched them. People swear by compression socks and while I may not have noticed anything beneficial they certainly cannot hurt to try and use.

BTW how did you tear it? It usually happens right after you load the calf up and launch on it.

here is a good exercise

I've heard a lot of people that wear them to prevent shin splints.

BTW, on a serious note, to help speed your recovery try drinking some protein shakes with a little creatine and glutamine in it.
Thanks, Lewdog. That's a good idea. I have some creatine powder, and will get the other stuff.

CK, after your first injury, did you ever try running with compression sleeves or calf support?
Yes, I didn't notice any benefit to be honest and ditched them. People swear by compression socks and while I may not have noticed anything beneficial they certainly cannot hurt to try and use.

BTW how did you tear it? It usually happens right after you load the calf up and launch on it.
I was running down the stairs and POP!

ughhh

Hurts like hell when your barefoot doesn't it? Trying to move around getting ready for a shower is a damn chore and a half. I wore flip flops when I had to move without crutches. That helped a bit.

ughhh

Hurts like hell when your barefoot doesn't it? Trying to move around getting ready for a shower is a damn chore and a half. I wore flip flops when I had to move without crutches. That helped a bit.
Yep. I was barefoot when it happened. Today I managed to get in and out of the bath with crutches and chairs. Lol. It was quite funny - in retrospect. I'm now going to just put a chair in the shower, that will be much easier, although I prefer baths. I've found wearing a chunky soled trainer type shoe on my good leg helps when using the crutches, as then my right foot cannot inadvertently touch the ground. Yay.

tilly ---since you tore its tendon----you will have to learn to
SPELL IT G A S T R O C (as in TROK) N E M I U S

ughhh

Yep. I was barefoot when it happened. Today I managed to get in and out of the bath with crutches and chairs. Lol. It was quite funny - in retrospect. I'm now going to just put a chair in the shower, that will be much easier, although I prefer baths. I've found wearing a chunky soled trainer type shoe on my good leg helps when using the crutches, as then my right foot cannot inadvertently touch the ground. Yay.

Wait, you were barefoot but not in the kitchen making dinner? :dunno:

Has anyone here ever torn their gastrocnemius muscle? To the point you heard the 'pop' and felt like someone had shot you in the calf?.....

Oh yeah, that happened to me last year. I knew something terrible would happen when the calf got mixed up with that street gang.

ughhh

Wait, you were barefoot but not in the kitchen making dinner? :dunno:
Lol. On the bright side, I'm not cooking for a while. Yay.

here is a good exercise

No compression sock...made me feel claustrophobic and constricted I need to feel free and unencumbered.

Thanks Irosie :) I know I spelt it incorrectly in the title. Lol.
In my defence, I have two broken fingers so I'm typin left handed and with my right index finger.
ouch ya think a vacation is in order?

In my defence, I have two broken fingers so I'm typin left handed and with my right index finger.
Lol. Well I had planned to spend a month on my canal boat soon, that will have to wait a bit now.

Lol. Well I had planned to spend a month on my canal boat soon, that will have to wait a bit now.
Me too but I am the guy the steers the damn thing,:)

until recently that is:(

Boat-crash.jpg

:laugh:

Forum List

Back