Tormenting Greece is about sending a message that we are now in a new EU

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
image.jpg

What’s the difference between the Mafia and the current European leadership? The Mafia makes you an offer you can’t refuse. The leaders of the European Union offer you a deal you can neither refuse nor accept without destroying yourself.

The European Union as we have known it ended over the weekend. That EU project was all about the gradual convergence of equal nations into an “ever closer union”. That’s finished now.

Tormenting Greece is about sending a message that we are now in a new EU

So Greece has no faults here?
I read through most of the link, I admit I am not up on European politics but I did not read anywhere in the article as to Greece's role in their own destruction? Tell me if I am wrong, but does this article not basically say no matter how bad Greece brings the rest down the rest must always support them because they are trying to become sovereign?

What’s the difference between the Mafia and the current European leadership?

dear, the Mafia demands money that is not legally owed and charges huge interest. The EU demands money that is owed, forgives much of what is owed and charges little interest.

As a liberal do you have the IQ to understand?

The real question is; what's the difference between the EU and your friendly neighborhood bank? The EU is much more forgiving of debt than your local bank.

Another question; Why do you feel debts should be free of moral or legal obligation?

While we're at it, can I borrow $10,000 from you?

The real question is; what's the difference between the EU and your friendly neighborhood bank? The EU is much more forgiving of debt than your local bank.

Another question; Why do you feel debts should be free of moral or legal obligation?

While we're at it, can I borrow $10,000 from you?

well they could forgive the debt, but then others would loan to Greece at high interest rates and expect to be bailed out too, and, the Greeks would continue to learn to live off of defaulting on their loans.

Forum List

Back