Top Ways to Beat the Heat During the Hottest Summer Ever

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Take a trip to the southern part of South America, its winter there.

At irregular intervals, stick your head in the refrigerator.

Sleep as close to the beach as possible, but check the tides first.

Ice cubes in your underwear. Scoff if you will, but it works.

For as long as it takes, subsist entirely on ice cream.

Hang out in the shady parts of town.

Meditation. Think cool thoughts.

Collect all your sweat and put it in a bowl. Won’t make you cooler, but will keep your mind off how hot it is.

Eat frozen foods while still frozen.

Sit in a sauna for ten minutes every hour. Then the mere balmy will seem refreshingly cool in comparison.

Book a room in a hotel with a pool. Crank the air down to glacial.

Drink plenty of water, frozen into cubes, completely surrounded by gin and tonic.

Two words: Champagne popsicles.

This comes from Beat the Heat - Will Durst, Humor Times and I love it!

Chile has AWESOME skiing

I stopped skiing after I destroyed my right leg and hip ...in a skiing accident. I was cruising pretty fast probably around 40 MPH
Today I can walk n run .....But I was laid up for months ...and hobbled around for almost a year ...
I couldn't take the physical therapy retards I was outta t here after the 2nd week.... Ive been exercising since i'm a teen ....... came up with my my own physical therapy regiment

Chile has AWESOME skiing

I stopped skiing after I destroyed my right leg and hip ...in a skiing accident. I was cruising pretty fast probably around 40 MPH
Today I can walk n run .....But I was laid up for months ...and hobbled around for almost a year ...
I couldn't take the physical therapy retards I was outta t here after the 2nd week.... Ive been exercising since i'm a teen ....... came up with my my own physical therapy regiment
Still have some DH & SG stix that I'll romp around on from time to time.....Got clocked on a Juggs gun @ 70 in my younger days.

Not likely to do that again.

My better half got in the habit of opening the freezer and putting her face close to it a couple of years ago down in Mexico. She got sick as a dawg, lemme tell ya.

For me, I find that a strategically built stone patio and a few nice lawn chairs with a couple of matching outdoor end tables under a nice group of selectively planted shade trees does the trick.

The trees with nice overhang are the best ones for that. It's like a big, shady, cool canopy.

And then a pitcher of real homemade lemonade is a fitting indulgence. The kind with the pulp in there and the lemon chunks? Makes it all the more relaxing.

Last edited:
Chile has AWESOME skiing

Still have some DH & SG stix that I'll romp around on from time to time.....Got clocked on a Juggs gun @ 70 in my younger days.

Not likely to do that again.

nice
yep I loved the speed to

Forum List

Back