Japan -6,190.10 -70,592.12
Mexico -4,864.03 -57,417.48
Canada -3,001.41 -28,880.90
Saudi Arabia -2,614.92 -35,803.94
Ireland -2,296.48 -24,435.73
Italy -2,086.03 -19,306.79
Venezuela -1,980.87 -19,788.03
Korea, South 1,789.30 -15,426.18

Saudi Arabia and Venezuela are some what understand because they are our #2 & #3 source of oil. Canada is somewhat understandable, because they are out #1 source of foreign oil and they have a much smaller population, but we share a border with them we should be exporting more items to them.

What is happening with China, Germany, Japan, South Korea and Mexico is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

CHINA: The deficit with China is $300 BILLION YTD! Why do we let them rape us like this. We are in a trade war with them, only problem we are not fighting it, but they are!

MEXICO: Prior to NAFTA we had a surplus with Mexico, now our deficit is spinning out of control and it's laughable. Soon we will be sending illegal gringos South of the border to get work!

JAPAN and GERMANY: How can it be? Both have high salaries, high standard of living and costs similar to ours? Yet they seem to sell us crap but not the other way around!

SOUTH KOREA: New comer to the list. Yes we signed the increase the deficit deal with SK! Working just like we thought it would. They kept up their trade barriers with us and we removed the few we had with them. 2013 they will be right behind Canada on the list!

This is sick and disgusting and this is an Obama thing! This has been going on for decades and was put into over-drive by Clinton. He signed NAFTA, he removed the trade barriers with China and he helped propel China into the WTO.

Right now the manufacturing sector makes up 9% of work force, true we still produce 18.2% of the world's goods in dollar amount, but the workforce is too small. Healthy for developing countries like China and Russia should be 40%+, which both are, but for industrialized countries like ours, 25%+ is the mark, we are less than HALF of that and shrinking!

CHINA: The deficit with China is $300 BILLION YTD! Why do we let them rape us like this. We are in a trade war with them, only problem we are not fighting it, but they are!

a little Econ. 101 for you. When we buy goods from other countries we buy them with dollars. They must spend those dollars in the USA so there is no trade deficit really!!

This is as-of Nov 2012

Foreign Trade: Data
Year To Date
Deficit in Deficit in
Millions Millions
Country Name of U.S. $ of U.S. $

China -28,953.78 -290,600.45
Germany -6,237.44 -54,315.66
Japan -6,190.10 -70,592.12
Mexico -4,864.03 -57,417.48
Canada -3,001.41 -28,880.90
Saudi Arabia -2,614.92 -35,803.94
Ireland -2,296.48 -24,435.73
Italy -2,086.03 -19,306.79
Venezuela -1,980.87 -19,788.03
Korea, South 1,789.30 -15,426.18
Saudi Arabia and Venezuela are some what understand because they are our #2 & #3 source of oil. Canada is somewhat understandable, because they are out #1 source of foreign oil and they have a much smaller population, but we share a border with them we should be exporting more items to them.

What is happening with China, Germany, Japan, South Korea and Mexico is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

MEXICO: Prior to NAFTA we had a surplus with Mexico, now our deficit is spinning out of control and it's laughable. Soon we will be sending illegal gringos South of the border to get work!

JAPAN and GERMANY: How can it be? Both have high salaries, high standard of living and costs similar to ours? Yet they seem to sell us crap but not the other way around!

SOUTH KOREA: New comer to the list. Yes we signed the increase the deficit deal with SK! Working just like we thought it would. They kept up their trade barriers with us and we removed the few we had with them. 2013 they will be right behind Canada on the list!

This is sick and disgusting and this is an Obama thing! This has been going on for decades and was put into over-drive by Clinton. He signed NAFTA, he removed the trade barriers with China and he helped propel China into the WTO.

Right now the manufacturing sector makes up 9% of work force, true we still produce 18.2% of the world's goods in dollar amount, but the workforce is too small. Healthy for developing countries like China and Russia should be 40%+, which both are, but for industrialized countries like ours, 25%+ is the mark, we are less than HALF of that and shrinking!

vee haf our wayz.

GHook93, I’m a proponent of a USA global trade policy based upon Import Certificates.

I recommend the proposal because:
It is of no net federal budget expenditure; all of the proposal’s direct expenses would be entirely borne by U.S. purchasers of foreign goods.
It is not applicable to the value of specifically listed scarce or precious minerals integral to the globally traded goods and (other than the exclusion of such minerals), the proposal’s of general advantage to any USA enterprise that competes or aspires to compete with foreign goods within or beyond our nation’s borders.

It behaves as a subsidy of USA exports.

It does not favor or in any manner discriminate between foreign nations.

It is a unilateral proposal that would decrease our trade deficit and increase both our GDP and our median wage more than otherwise regardless of any domestic or foreign perpetrators of mischief. This proposal grants government no discretion of policy; assessing the approximate value of goods is a technical rather than a policy determination.

Refer to the topic
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...-significantly-reduce-usas-trade-deficit.html

Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:
GHook93, I’m a proponent of a USA global trade policy based upon Import Certificates.

why be a liar??? Why not say you are a liberal for a Smoot-Hawley depression inducing tax on imports to protect American industry from competition and thus insure its continued decline!!

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow, so very very slow!!

It is of no net federal budget expenditure; all of the proposal’s direct expenses would be entirely borne by U.S. purchasers of foreign goods.
It is not applicable to the value of specifically listed scarce or precious minerals integral to the globally traded goods and (other than the exclusion of such minerals), the proposal’s of general advantage to any USA enterprise that competes or aspires to compete with foreign goods within or beyond our nation’s borders.

It is a unilateral proposal that would decrease our trade deficit and increase both our GDP and our median wage more than otherwise regardless of any domestic or foreign perpetrators of mischief. This proposal grants government no discretion of policy; assessing the approximate value of goods is a technical rather than a policy determination.

Refer to the topic
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...-significantly-reduce-usas-trade-deficit.html

Respectfully, Supposn

all of the proposal’s direct expenses would be entirely borne by U.S. purchasers of foreign goods.

Yes! We can fix our economy by making our purchases more expensive! Brilliant! LOL!

Refer to the topic

Respectfully, Supposn

all of the proposal’s direct expenses would be entirely borne by U.S. purchasers of foreign goods.

Yes! We can fix our economy by making our purchases more expensive! Brilliant! LOL!

but just think, when we get poorer as a result we can raise the import tax still further to further stimulate domestic industry. When that doesn't work we can raise it still further until there is no foreign trade at all and everything will proudly be "made in America."

GHook93, I’m a proponent of a USA global trade policy based upon Import Certificates... all of the proposal’s direct expenses would be entirely borne by U.S. purchasers of foreign goods..Refer to the topic:

Respectfully, Supposn

but just think, when we get poorer as a result we can raise the import tax still further to further stimulate domestic industry. When that doesn't work we can raise it still further until there is no foreign trade at all and everything will proudly be "made in America."

Toddster Patriot and Edward Baiamonte, if the purchasing power of USA’s median wage were constant and kept pace with that of the U.S. dollar, your messages would be valid.

Rather than evaluating trade deficit’s affect upon our median wage in U.S. DOLLARS, our concern should be the median number of HOURS required to earn our median wage; (i.e. our median wage RATE).

There is no validity to your messages.

Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:

Toddster Patriot and Edward Baiamonte, if the purchasing power of USA’s median wage were constant and kept pace with that of the U.S. dollar, your messages would be valid.

Rather than evaluating trade deficit’s affect upon our median wage in U.S. DOLLARS, our concern should be the median number of HOURS required to earn our median wage; (i.e. our median wage RATE).

Respectfully, Supposn

Yes, trade wars always increase our median wage. LOL!
I'll admit they will probably reduce hours worked.
Not in the way you mean though.

so free trade is good and raises our standard of living if median wage is constant????????????????and if it keeps pace with the dollar??????

What the hell are you talking about?? Do you really think, as a liberal, you are intelligent enough to be here???

the way to create wealth and make the median wage more valuable is through free trade, of course. The more trade the more wealth. The less trade the less wealth. Imagine if we had to make everything ourselves within the country or within each state. Its so stupid it can only be liberal.

Last edited:
When two or more person agree to combine their capital and services to carry some lawful business then we say it partnership. when two person start a new business they follow some terms and conditions in agreement.

dear, this may not be the best place to practice your English, but please don't be discouraged.

so free trade is good and raises our standard of living if median wage is constant????????????????and if it keeps pace with the dollar??????

What the hell are you talking about?? Do you really think, as a liberal, you are intelligent enough to be here???

the way to create wealth and make the median wage more valuable is through free trade, of course. The more trade the more wealth. The less trade the less wealth. Imagine if we had to make everything ourselves within the country or within each state. Its so stupid it can only be liberal.

Edward Baiamonte, it’s amusing how you create fairytales which you attribute to me. I never stated “free trade is good and raises our standard of living if median wage is constant”. Those words are products of your imagination. Pigs don’t fly, the median wage is not a constant, and your message is not valid.

You strongly defend global trade which I have never been opposed to, because you are unable to logically defend our nation’s trade deficit. You pretend USA’s global trade as statistically described by our current accounts, to be equated to our capital accounts which are statistical descriptions of our global transfers of wealth. Transactions of goods and services are not the same as transactions of capital.

I did write that trade deficits are detrimental to their nations’ GDPs and median wage. Due to nations’ trade deficits, their GDPs and median wages are less than otherwise; (otherwise being if those nation were not experiencing trade deficits).

Within the discussion of global trade, I did not devote much consideration to our median wage keeping pace with the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar. If our median wage only keeps pace with the dollar’s purchasing power, we are not progressing; if it’s lagging the dollar, then our economy is regressing rather than progressing.

Respectfully, Supposn

You strongly defend global trade which I have never been opposed to,

you oppose free trade; you want a Hawley-Smoot depression inducing tax on imports to make Americans poorer, and somehow make them richer!! Its pure liberal ignorance????

because you are unable to logically defend our nation’s trade deficit.

eliminate liberal unions budget deficits and taxes and there is no deficit!!

You pretend USA’s global trade as statistically described by our current accounts, to be equated to our capital accounts which are statistical descriptions of our global transfers of wealth. Transactions of goods and services are not the same as transactions of capital.

too stupid!! if our goods are worthless to them so is our capital soon enough. If they buy a building instead of a car from us the rent from the building will be reduced along with the value of our junkie cars!! Get it now!!!

I did write that trade deficits are detrimental to their nations’ GDPs and median wage.

what you mean dear is liberal taxes unions budget deficits and welfare atitudes are detrimental to our standard of living and can't be corrected by idiotically raising taxes!! Would you bleed a weakened man to make him stronger???

Last edited:
Supposn wrote:
You strongly defend global trade which I have never been opposed to, because you are unable to logically defend our nation’s trade deficit.

EdwardBaiamonte wrote:
you oppose free trade; you want a Hawley-Smoot depression inducing tax on imports to make Americans poorer, and somehow make them richer!! Its pure liberal ignorance????
Eliminate liberal unions budget deficits and taxes and there is no deficit!!

Edward Baiamonte, Are you now agreeing that trade deficits are detrimental to nations’ GDPs and median wages, or is this quote of your response an additional example of your inability to defend trade deficits?
If labor unions (as you claim), are the culprits: Why aren’t trade deficits decreasing as labor unions have been proportionally decreasing? Why doesn’t the median wage’s purchasing power exceed rather than continue to be further lagging behind the U.S. dollar’s purchasing power?

Respectfully, Supposn

too stupid!! if our goods are worthless to them so is our capital soon enough. If they buy a building instead of a car from us the rent from the building will be reduced along with the value of our junkie cars!! Get it now!!!

what you mean dear is liberal taxes unions budget deficits and welfare atitudes are detrimental to our standard of living and can't be corrected by idiotically raising taxes!! Would you bleed a weakened man to make him stronger???

Edward Baiamonte, this first quoted paragraph of yours is unclear. I’m not eloquent and unlike some of my critics, I make no claim of being a scholar of the English language. I’m not certain if your paragraph is grammatical English. I’d appreciate if you could and would clarify its meaning.

Dear Edward, please refrain from instructing me of what I meant before explaining what you meant to express.

Respectfully, Supposn

Respectfully, Supposn

What does losing a trade war do to an economy? Believe it or not we are in a trade war with China and losing it! They are the only ones fighting it.

I love the don't fight the trade war comment, but bending over to say Japan and South Korea is a good thing? Both of these countries benefit from non-barriers to our markets, but both place high barriers on our products. American Made Cars in SK have such barriers in advertising, quotas, sales tax increases, locations etc. Yet those SK cars have no barriers in the US!

What does losing a trade war do to an economy? Believe it or not we are in a trade war with China and losing it! They are the only ones fighting it.

Econ 101 for you. All economists support trading with China; thats why we do it. Every dollar we spend on Jap goods must be burned or spent in the USA!! Guess what they do with the American dollars???

Respectfully, Supposn

I love the don't fight the trade war comment, but bending over to say Japan and South Korea is a good thing? Both of these countries benefit from non-barriers to our markets, but both place high barriers on our products. American Made Cars in SK have such barriers in advertising, quotas, sales tax increases, locations etc. Yet those SK cars have no barriers in the US!

Believe it or not we are in a trade war with China and losing it!

Because they sell us cheap stuff that we willingly buy?

Believe it or not we are in a trade war with China and losing it!

Because they sell us cheap stuff that we willingly buy?

and because they US Dollars they get must eventually be spent here anyway.

GHook93, if and when our nation enacted an Import Certificate global trade policy, it is conceivable that some may seek to hinder exporting to the USA of their goods which have scarce mineral materials integral to those goods. That would be detrimental to USA’s economic interests.
[The word conceivable does not mean “likely or probably”; what can conceivably be attempted may greatly differ from what can be effectively accomplished].

I share your concern of USA’s lack of will to defend ourselves from others’ activities that are detrimental to our global trade. If a possibly effective attempt to hinder our importing goods with scarce minerals were encountered, I would suppose our nation would have no other alternative but to defend ourselves. Ii's regretable our congress does not now and forever insist and if necessary retribute against nations granting their imports from any other nations being granted more favorable treatment than their treatment of USA products.

I doubt it is possible for any entities to effectively halt all global exports to the USA of goods containing any particular scarce minerals. Within a USA trade policy of Import Certificates, that’ would be the only possibly seriously harmful intervention of our national global trade. Other than that, there’s no other mischief that others could perpetrate against us that would not also be of much greater harm to their own nations. It is not in our nation’s interests to seek adversarial global trade confrontations with other nations but should such confrontations occur the USA would emerge economically stronger rather than weaker if we defended ourselves.

Because transferable Import certificates have value, the proposal's opponents consider there are no essential differences between Import Certificates and tariffs. Regardless of IC’s global market prices, the assessed values of our imported goods could never exceed that of our exports. This s not subject to any manipulation or policy discretion of any entity (including the U.S. federal government itself). The proposal would behav as an export subsidy. It is market rather than government driven; assessments of goods’ values are technical rather than policy determinations. The proposal’s net direct expenses are entirely borne by USA purchasers of foreign goods subject to the proposal.

This market driven policy is self adjusting. Even if our government continues to fail defending USA producers and products, this policy would be of net advantage for any USA producer that competes or aspires to compete with foreign goods within or beyond USA’s borders. There’s no effective threat of “trade wars” due to this policy.

Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back