Top Ten Reasons - Why Liberals Hate the Holidays

fuzzykitten99 said:
nah, they don't typically freeze enough to safely walk on until near January, unless we get an a-typical series of super low temps enough to freeze the lakes, then people will go before then. The most snow we have had recently was about 1/4". and it has since then melted. people still go out in boats right now, though they are torn between that and deer hunting. My step-dad bagged an 11 pointer last weekend---big sumbitch. i don't like venison much, though.

I've shot a shit load of deer in my life too, and I have to admit, I'm not a real big venison fan either. I'd usually have the butcher make most of mine into venison hamburger. They mix it with beef fat, and that made it taste OK. Of course I'd have the venison salami made too though. Now THAT was good!

fuzzykitten99 said:
i liked ice fishing when i was younger. i just don't now because i hate being cold. I do like snowmobiling. Tts fun to take my dad's 800cc Cats out and rocket across flat frozen lakes (preferably Mille Lacs) at top speed. i'll not be doing that this year though.

Hey... ta heck with getting cold while ice fishing fuzzy, like my Dad. I swear the guy was part Polar Bear. He'd just take his bucket to sit on and that was it. Naaaaa, nowadays you need an ice fishing shanty, with a little heater in it, a battery powered TV, and a jug of Peppermint shnapps... :thup:

fuzzykitten99 said:
i loved cleaning my own lunch/dinner. I rarely eat fish at restaurants, though there's a mom&pop restaurant up in Garrison on Mille Lacs that has great walleye all the time. Other than that, I like to fry it myself or have my mom do it. Her's just tastes better most times.

I know what you mean. I used to love my Dad's fried fish too. But I'll have to say, that back in Wisconsin, pretty much all over, the taverns and little resturants would have an "all you can eat" Friday night fish fry. I used to like that.

Forum List

Back