Top Ten Reasons Why Islam Is NOT The Religion Of Peace

Said1 said:
I think it would be difficult to be a women in any country that still has strong patriarical family and societal values.

That's an understatement when it comes to Islam.

nt250 said:
That's an understatement when it comes to Islam.

What makes you think living in the Niger delta with a tribal cheif as your community leader would be better? Anthropologists may like the world to think that it is, but still, what the man says goes. Theocracy or not, in many poor, patriarical societies, I don't think there are many authorities (if in fact there is someone up holding any laws such as rape, incest etc) who would do much if someone's wife or dauther was raped. What makes Islamic societies worse is that they are bigger and SHOULD be further ahead than they are.

Said1 said:
What makes you think living in the Niger delta with a tribal cheif as your community leader would be better? Anthropologists may like the world to think that it is, but still, what the man says goes. Theocracy or not, in many poor, patriarical societies, I don't think there are many authorities (if in fact there is someone up holding any laws such as rape, incest etc) who would do much if someone's wife or dauther was raped. What makes Islamic societies worse is that they are bigger and SHOULD be further ahead than they are.

What on Earth makes you think I'd think it would be better? I never said or implied such a thing.

Why do people like you feel such a compulsion to defend Islam by trying to compare it to something you think is worse?

Islam is a horrible excuse for a religion and you can find 100 examples of the dregs of human nature and societies, and it still won't change what Islam is. Why do you feel the need to try?

nt250 said:
What on Earth makes you think I'd think it would be better? I never said or implied such a thing.

Well, you said something like 'that's an understatment when it comes to Islam' in response to my comment about patriarical societies. Personally, I think there are many that are probably just as bad, even though anthropologists paint a rosey picture of these cute little eagletarian jungle dwelling communities.

Why do people like you feel such a compulsion to defend Islam by trying to compare it to something you think is worse?

Islam is a horrible excuse for a religion and you can find 100 examples of the dregs of human nature and societies, and it still won't change what Islam is. Why do you feel the need to try?

:laugh: People like me.....assume much? My point was about patriarical societies INCLUDING Islamic societies. I think I even said Muslim socieites were WORSE, didn't I?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Bullypulpit said:
As a non-believer, I don't think anyone who truly walks the walk of their faith are either ignorant or stupid. They have found a path which gives their lives meaning and strive to meet the ideals of their faith...all of them.

The problem is those who are unwilling to accept that others have found different paths, through different religions of none at all, and treat them with contempt and disdain. Instead of letting the example of their lives in their faith serve as a beacon to others to come to their faith, they attempt to use the bludgeon of law to do so. And such laws are invariably mean, ignorant and stupid.

So, follow the example of Jesus and turn the other cheek.

Sorry, not this Christian.

I'll answer up to Jesus when I die, but there's no cheek turning while I'm here.

nt250 said:
Who cares, right? As long as you have "faith". Gag me.

Gag you is exactly what I'd like to do you little prick.

As long as I have "faith", you "hate" me. Yeah, I know who and what you are. A bitter little person who's lashing out at anything that suits him at the time, who also doesn't understand how Christians can be so contented in their faith, so it makes you mad. So you come here and try and appease your anger by spewing your vitriol and hatred at us, call us ignorant, and generally run your putred trap spitting out your insults.

Yes, that's how transparent you are. You're a joke, and now everybody knows it.

Pale Rider said:
Gag you is exactly what I'd like to do you little prick.

As long as I have "faith", you "hate" me. Yeah, I know who and what you are. A bitter little person who's lashing out at anything that suits him at the time, who also doesn't understand how Christians can be so contented in their faith, so it makes you mad. So you come here and try and appease your anger by spewing your vitriol and hatred at us, call us ignorant, and generally run your putred trap spitting out your insults.

Yes, that's how transparent you are. You're a joke, and now everybody knows it.

Mad? You think this is mad? I've been arguing with idiots like you on message boards for years. You're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that to make me mad.

By the way, nice show of Christian values. Isn't it funny how some of you Christians act when you get pissed off.

I'm a woman so the correct term would be bitch, not prick.

CharlestonChad said:
Moral Relativity

The word moral has no business in any discussion about Islam. There is nothing moral about it.

CharlestonChad said:
once again, moral relativity applies

No it's not moral relativism. Women are prevented from being educated, this is immoral regardless of what their 'culture' decides because it's orchestrated fro the specific purpose of keeping women submissive. Deciding who is and who isn't worthy of education based on gender, has nothing to do with moral relativism.

CharlestonChad said:
once again, moral relativity applies

Not necessarily. The age or history of a religion doesn't mean its morals should be taken any more seriously than when the religion was first founded (and I bet plenty of folks didn't take it too seriously, much like Scientology today)...Islam is a repugnant religion IMO...

Dr Grump said:
Not necessarily. The age or history of a religion doesn't mean its morals should be taken any more seriously than when the religion was first founded (and I bet plenty of folks didn't take it too seriously, much like Scientology today)...Islam is a repugnant religion IMO...

That might be so, but I don't think the people had much choice at the time, submit or die..... not like Scientology today.

Said1 said:
That might be so, but I don't think the people had much choice at the time, submit or die..... not like Scientology today.

I'm not sure it was a matter of choice. People generally (though not always) believe what they are raised to believe.

I once heard someone say the difference between a cult and a religion is 2000 years. I think there's some truth to that.

jillian said:
I'm not sure it was a matter of choice. People generally (though not always) believe what they are raised to believe.

I once heard someone say the difference between a cult and a religion is 2000 years. I think there's some truth to that.

In the beginning, you could convert, or die - choice.

Expansion through conquest under the guise of Islam.

As for the generations to come, I'm sure they were indoctrinated from birth.

As for your last point about cults, I'm pretty sure a famous person said that. Not sure who though.

Said1 said:
In the beginning, you could convert, or die - choice.

Expansion through conquest under the guise of Islam.

As for the generations to come, I'm sure they were indoctrinated from birth.

As for your last point about cults, I'm pretty sure a famous person said that. Not sure who though.

It wasn't only Islam that gave people that "choice". I seem to remember a little something about the Crusades and the Inquisition being similar.

I agree re the quote. lol...can't remember who said it either.

Forum List

Back