Top Ten Reasons California Businesses Are Leaving California

It used to be THE most business friendly state despite the highest costs of doing business, then in 2008 everything changed.

It began a lot longer ago than that. Try Willie Brown and company and Jerry Browns first governorship for the beginning.

Indeed. Gov. Moonbeam signed the legislation which enabled the Public Employee Takeover of the state. That is the proximate cause of the current tragedy.

Yes it is and I wonder if he's figured it out yet.

Giving control of the specie to private banks was a gigantic mistake.

Except of course, if you're an adherent to the theory that private bankers are more interested in the good health of commonweal than a representatative form of goverment.

I think this latest economic depression put the lie to the above theory rather nicely, though, does it not?

OTOH, there is absolutely no reason for any of us to expect that sooner or later the insiders of government aren't likely to also become parasites on the commonweal, either.

In fact, most cases of inflation stem from governments (or Kings) debasing the specie.

I suspect that statistic mostly has to do with the much longer history of monarchies controlling currency than representative forms of government.

The bottom line is power corrupts regardless of who has it, folks.

The powerful (in government OR the private sector) inevitably abuse their power for their own benefit.

OK, power corrupts. But unless you want to eliminate banking altogether I think the best alternative is to retain the banks as utilities of society by owning them publicly at the municipal, cooperative, state or federal level.

Outlaw private banking and institute mandatory credit unions instead. Or some variation of that idea.

The point is that fractional reserve banking is a powerful finance tool and the health of nations turns on the health of their financial institutions and their currency.

It used to be THE most business friendly state despite the highest costs of doing business, then in 2008 everything changed.

It began a lot longer ago than that. Try Willie Brown and company and Jerry Browns first governorship for the beginning.

Indeed. Gov. Moonbeam signed the legislation which enabled the Public Employee Takeover of the state. That is the proximate cause of the current tragedy.

which legislation was that?

Actually it was several, the one I am most familiar with is the Rodda Act, or Senate Bill 160 that gave collective bargaining rights to CA teachers in 1975. That was one of many acts that did the same for all of CA's government employees.

Last edited:

Actually it was several, the one I am most familiar with is the Rodda Act, or Senate Bill 160 that gave collective bargaining rights to CA teachers in 1975. That was one of many acts that did the same for all of CA's government employees.

Then he fucked up. We need to permanently put that genie back in her box.

Then he fucked up. We need to permanently put that genie back in her box.
What about Prop 13's effects on CA's current budget shortfalls?

Forum List

Back