Top Ten Reasons California Businesses Are Leaving California

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Keep in mind that if it was up to the liberals the entire country would look like California! Very scary thought! When you toss in the ginormous illegal immigration and worst in nation educational systems problems, you can see why CA is only heading in the WRONG direction.

Ten Reason Businesses Are Leaving California:
10. Unfair Taxes: - Highest (with NY & NJ) corporate, income, gas, property and near highest (communist Cook County IL.

9. Most Expensive Business Locations: - California has the most expensive cities anywhere in the US.

8. Worst Performing Labor: Fucking hippies!

7. Dreadful Legal Treatment: 44th in legal fairness to Business and Mexican Los Angles is ranked least fair and reasonable city in the country.
Any law student in CA could tell you how complex and leftist (not to mention backwards) CA law is.

6. Worst Regulatory Burden: And this is with them shooting down the Communist CA Greenhouse Gas and zero emissions laws.
Cost and uncertainty of business regulations causes them to the the highest hassle index by a significant margin.

5. Harshest Treatment of Business: 60% of CA business have adopted freezing hiring in CA and moved to operations to other states.

4. Downright Unfriendliness to Business:
49th Unfriendly to business state (my money is on NY as most unfriendly)

3. Highest Misery Index: In the country

2. Uncontrollable Spending: State and City spending (even per capita) is the highest in the country

1. Consistently Ranks - WORST STATE IN NATION TO DO BUSINESS IN:
Business people nickname CA the Venezuela of the US!
Side Note: Texas is ranked #1 state to do business in!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_UACmw3Yw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The movie industry has mostly moved to Canada.
Music to Nashville.
Aerospace to FL, AL, WA, NM and SC along with computers.

The Asian trade has been moving to the east coast for the last 30 years that I know of and the only reason it hasn't all vanished from the west coast is Indonesian piracy limiting access to the Indian Ocean.

Keep in mind that if it was up to the liberals the entire country would look like California! Very scary thought! When you toss in the ginormous illegal immigration and worst in nation educational systems problems, you can see why CA is only heading in the WRONG direction.

Ten Reason Businesses Are Leaving California:
10. Unfair Taxes: - Highest (with NY & NJ) corporate, income, gas, property and near highest (communist Cook County IL.

9. Most Expensive Business Locations: - California has the most expensive cities anywhere in the US.

8. Worst Performing Labor: Fucking hippies!

7. Dreadful Legal Treatment: 44th in legal fairness to Business and Mexican Los Angles is ranked least fair and reasonable city in the country.
Any law student in CA could tell you how complex and leftist (not to mention backwards) CA law is.

6. Worst Regulatory Burden: And this is with them shooting down the Communist CA Greenhouse Gas and zero emissions laws.
Cost and uncertainty of business regulations causes them to the the highest hassle index by a significant margin.

5. Harshest Treatment of Business: 60% of CA business have adopted freezing hiring in CA and moved to operations to other states.

4. Downright Unfriendliness to Business:
49th Unfriendly to business state (my money is on NY as most unfriendly)

3. Highest Misery Index: In the country

2. Uncontrollable Spending: State and City spending (even per capita) is the highest in the country

1. Consistently Ranks - WORST STATE IN NATION TO DO BUSINESS IN:
Business people nickname CA the Venezuela of the US!
Side Note: Texas is ranked #1 state to do business in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_UACmw3Yw&feature=player_embedded

I suppose you could have mentioned the Unions stranglehold on government.. they have sucked it dry and still want more...

The movie industry has mostly moved to Canada.
Music to Nashville.
Aerospace to FL, AL, WA, NM and SC along with computers.

The Asian trade has been moving to the east coast for the last 30 years that I know of and the only reason it hasn't all vanished from the west coast is Indonesian piracy limiting access to the Indian Ocean.

and the schools...Stanford and UC Bezerkeley are one of the few reasons left any silicon based co,. even has a footprint here anymore.

And then they all cry no jobs! I agree CA is NOT a business friendly state.

It used to be THE most business friendly state despite the highest costs of doing business, then in 2008 everything changed.

It began a lot longer ago than that. Try Willie Brown and company and Jerry Browns first governorship for the beginning.

The most recent census has seen and unless there is major trend reversal the 2020 census will see the left coast become a good place to be from. If another football team or a baseball team leaves for either flyover country, overseas or simply shutsdown that will be the signal that the left coast is going the way of the rust belt.

I've been buying muni bonds for 25 years, never wanted to buy in Ca., too many cities borrowing money to make ends meet. Destined to fail IMO. I guess I see things pretty far down the line. I bought one bond in Ca., a revenue bond for a toll road in San Fran; with all those cars, that had to be good money. It was.

I had a job offer in the bay area, turned it down in the mid 90's. Housing was too expensive, traffic too bad, too many people. I hit my retirement number last year, if I'd moved to Ca. I would not have hit it yet. Easy decision to stay in Houston.

The give aways, and especially the overly generous pensions to govt. workers have to stop. When you do stupid things, eventually you will pay the price.

It used to be THE most business friendly state despite the highest costs of doing business, then in 2008 everything changed.

Yea because they had a recall to kick out the governor to put Arnold in office because things were peaches and cream! Things in CA have been going down for a while. They had (and still have) the infrastructure, so the decline from a giant of the US didn't happen overnight, but this decline will still going and going. I mean look who they vote in! A far leftist governor, his only solution will be tighter regulations and HIGHER taxes! They vote in a LA mayor who says he is the mayor of a Mexican city (pretty much because he runs it that way)!

Right now they still have the ability to turn it around and still remain the economic giant of the US, but they won't (starting with the HUGE error of passing on Meg Whitman) because of the liberalism illness!

CA will have to hit rock bottom before it can turn around much like NY did in the 1970s. It is currently an ungovernable mess and that screws up economic growth. Attitude adjustment is a slow and uncertain process.

It began a lot longer ago than that. Try Willie Brown and company and Jerry Browns first governorship for the beginning.

I kinda think not. I said about CA as recently as 2006 that you could start and succeed as a business doing absolutely anything here. The costs of doing business are high but anything flies here, or did, until the recent recession began.

CA will have to hit rock bottom before it can turn around much like NY did in the 1970s. It is currently an ungovernable mess and that screws up economic growth. Attitude adjustment is a slow and uncertain process.

This has happened before in CA. Sometime around 1990 RE lost half it's value in one year, cities were declaring bankruptcy, almost 1/5th of the population actually moved out of state within about 4 years. But we recovered and added another 20% to our pop above the previous peak.

CA is still more solvent than the USA, you just don't get it cuz you don't live here.

I kinda think not. I said about CA as recently as 2006 that you could start and succeed as a business doing absolutely anything here. The costs of doing business are high but anything flies here, or did, until the recent recession began.

I left CA in 2004 after doing business in the state for over 30 years. Many others have followed me since. CA is losing business for a reason. Wake up.

For the record I was born there. I was educated there, but I won't live there any longer.

Last edited:

I left CA in 2004 after doing business in the state for over 30 years. Many others have followed me since. CA is losing business for a reason. Wake up.

For the record I was born there. I was educated there, but I won't live there any longer.

Like I said, this has happened before, and CA always came back stronger and more populous. In ways CA acts like a frontier economy, subject to wild booms and busts while maintaining rapid long term growth.

Like I said, this has happened before, and CA always came back stronger and more populous. In ways CA acts like a frontier economy, subject to wild booms and busts while maintaining rapid long term growth.

In the past though the legislature wasn't quite as avaricious. Now it's katy bar the door. The Dems want to take every possible nickel out of business to the point where there is no money to be made. That's why the businesses are leaving. we can see what is going to happen and the rate of business flight is increasing. It will soon be a flood and then the Mexicans can have the state back because no one will want to live there anyway.

In the past though the legislature wasn't quite as avaricious. Now it's katy bar the door. The Dems want to take every possible nickel out of business to the point where there is no money to be made. That's why the businesses are leaving. we can see what is going to happen and the rate of business flight is increasing. It will soon be a flood and then the Mexicans can have the state back because no one will want to live there anyway.

Yeah, well... Both parties cater to special labor interests whether prison guard lobbies, teacher lobbies or others.

Nothing new here, it has happened before. The legislature is a huge problem, Dems more than repubs, but both sides are killing us.

We still won't die and will still be the most productive 11% of the nation.

I just talked to someone whom I hadn't spoken with in nearly two years. By geography, he pretty much has to be on the West Coast. He recently moved out of northern California to Seattle, in part because he thinks that things are going to get worse in CA before they get better. I am thinking about eventually relocating back to the west coast - probably Seattle - and I'm not even remotely considering CA. It appears to be too much of a basket-case.

Yeah, well... Both parties cater to special labor interests whether prison guard lobbies, teacher lobbies or others.

Nothing new here, it has happened before. The legislature is a huge problem, Dems more than repubs, but both sides are killing us.

We still won't die and will still be the most productive 11% of the nation.

I believe we may disagree on much, I will have to look at the old posts, but we are in complete agreement, it is Republicans and Democrats that are enslaving us. California is a perfect example as to why there should be only one tax in the United States of America.

Give people the power to raise money and the worst of human nature rears its ugly head, greed for money and power. This is human nature which crosses political lines and effects everyone.

Ca. is in trouble now that times are bad. They (primarily the dems) have been overly generous to the poor. They could afford it when times are good, but not now that times are bad. They are driving businesses out of the state with too much regulation. People can't afford to move to Ca. and buy into the housing market, so business has to leave if they can't attract the talent they need. The dems have given too much to the poor (and those who lie and abuse the system, why do I see black ladies pay for huge shopping carts of groceries including steaks and pretty roasts while I am buying hamburger, then follow them out and see them put it in the late model Lexus, and I HAVE seen this myself).

The repubs give too much to business. Witness the medicare part D profit gift to big pharma in 2003.
By the design of the program, the federal government is not permitted to negotiate prices of drugs with the drug companies, as federal agencies do in other programs. The Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act, passed at the end of 2003, prohibited Medicare from negotiating deals with drug companies. Some insist that the pharmaceutical industry used its clout with the Republicans in Congress who designed the bill to prevent such bargaining.

Beginning in 2006, a prescription drug benefit, called Medicare Part D, was made available through substantial out-of-pocket costs. Coverage is available only through insurance companies and HMOs and is voluntary. But when Medicare Part D was implemented, the Democrats were enraged and blamed Republicans for not setting up discounts in the program.
Buying in Bulk NewBizViews

I think the middle class is getting screwed by dems who give too much to the poor (more than the society can afford), and by the repubs who give too much to industry (big pharma sucking the teat on medicare part D and the defense contractors overbuilding in order to protect of from a few thugs in caves in Pakistan).

Nobody seems to be trying to protect the guy in the middle.

Forum List

Back