Top Ten Reagan Quotes, IMO

Libs can't admit Reagan was great. That's like admitting that they're wrong. Even the liberal media only paid homage to Reagan to attract viewers and thereby commercial dollars.

Yes, ole RR gave them everything they wanted. My quote from Reagan: "I don't remember".

Then there's always this:

"In 1976 I was impressed with Ronald Reagan’s program and was one of the four members of Congress who endorsed his candidacy. In 1980, unlike other Republican office holders in Texas, I again supported our President in his efforts.

Since 1981, however, I have gradually and steadily grown weary of the Republican Party’s efforts to reduce the size of the federal government. Since then Ronald Reagan and the Republican Party have given us skyrocketing deficits, and astoundingly a doubled national debt. How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together?"

"Tax revenues are up 59 percent since 1980. Because of our economic growth? No. During Carter’s four years, we had growth of 37.2 percent; Reagan’s five years have given us 30.7 percent. The new revenues are due to four giant Republican tax increases since 1981. "

"All republicans rightly chastised Carter for his $38 billion deficit. But they ignore or even defend deficits of $220 billion, as government spending has grown 10.4 percent per year since Reagan took office, while the federal payroll has zoomed by a quarter of a million bureaucrats. "

"Despite the Supply-Sider-Keynesian claim that "deficits don't matter,"the debt presents a grave threat to our country. Thanks to the President and Republican Party, we have lost the chance to reduce the deficit and the spending in a non-crisis fashion. Even worse, big government has been legitimized in a way the Democrats never could have accomplished. It was tragic to listen to Ronald Reagan on the 1986 campaign trail bragging about his high spending on farm subsidies, welfare, warfare, etc., in his futile effort to hold on to control of the Senate."

"Instead of cutting some of the immeasurable waste in the Department of Defense, it has gotten worse, with the inevitable result that we are less secure today. Reagan's foreign aid expenditures exceed Eisenhower's, Kennedy's, Johnson's, Nixon's, Ford's, and Carter's put together. Foreign intervention has exploded since 1980. Only an end to military welfare for foreign governments plus a curtailment of our unconstitutional commitments abroad will enable us really to defend ourselves and solve our financial problems. "

"Under the guise of attacking drug use and money laundering, the Republican Administration has systematically attacked personal and financial privacy. The effect has been to victimize innocent Americans who wish to conduct their private lives without government snooping. (Should people really be put on a suspected drug dealer list because they transfer $3,000 at one time?) Reagan's urine testing of Americans without probable cause is a clear violation of our civil liberties, as are his proposals for extensive "lie detector" tests. "

"Knowing this administration's record, I wasn't surprised by its Libyan disinformation campaign, Israeli-Iranian arms-for-hostages swap, or illegal funding of the Contras. All this has contributed to my disenchantment with the Republican Party, and helped me make up my mind. "

"I want to totally disassociate myself from the policies that have given us unprecedented deficits, massive monetary inflation, indiscriminate military spending, an irrational and unconstitutional foreign policy, zooming foreign aid, the exaltation of international banking, and the attack on our personal liberties and privacy. "

SOURCE

Wow!!!! :lol:

Yep, Reagan had to compromise to be an effective leader, something Paul has never learned and why he has never risen to an office higher than Federal Rep.

LOL, he pretty much compromised on most of the things that were supposed to be what he stood for and was famous for.

Do you see the butthurt from Ronnie aiding the Afghans against the USSR? Their beloved USSR!

The only butthurt going on is from the right wing trash because ol Raygun created the Taliban that later attacked the nation on 9/11.

Reagan is essentially the father of the modern day islamist extremist.

(also don't forget him making illegal arms deals with Iran)

Plus this gem

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipszh14WPFY]Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan - YouTube[/ame]

Reagan supported people who were killing Communists.

Too fucking bad for your team

Now the GOP and their crony corporate masters are tuning Communist China into the worlds next superpower. I'm sure Reagan has a tear in his eye to see what a mockery the GOP has become, commie lover.

Last edited:
I see the liberal jumped in to bash Reagan, in what would otherwise be a fun thread.

Liberals are just boring. They have zero sense of humor.

How is stating the truth suddenly "bashing"? Wow..............................

:lol:

Liberals wouldnt know the Truth if it bit them in the ass.

Hell, most of them dont believe in the concept of objective Truth anyway, so what the fuck are you talking about?

What I posted wasn't true? Ron Paul didn't write those words? The rest of your reply is just silly and filled with bogus and inaccurate generalizations.

The Wall Street Journal rated Reagan sixth best American president. Historians usually rate Reagan somewhere around 18th best, or slightly above average.

The Wall Street Journal rated Reagan sixth best American president. Historians usually rate Reagan somewhere around 18th best, or slightly above average.

The history profession is engorged with neoMarxist asswipes who rate leaders higher the more wars they wage, monuments they build and wealtht hey wasted.

Most of them also rate Wilson very highly, Carter and Johnson, and those are unjustifiable, IMO. Carter was a fuckup, Wilson a failure at every thing he tried to do on so many levels, and LBJ's programs have been about as much harm as helpful to those who have been its beneficiaries.

Anyone with an ounce of sense should know that the opinion of these cretins is bullshit with very few exceptions.

Forum List

Back