our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
was once like in the United States where men were free."

1) "We don't have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven't taxed enough; we
have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much."​

Prior to winning office, Reagan had been denounced as an unelectable extremist;
he won two record landslides.

Last edited:
reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

So what? Those "moral equivalents to america's founding fathers" attacked us on 9/11. If it wasn't for ol' ronnie, the taliban likely wouldn't even exist today.

Yes......another example of good intentions gone bad.

Sorry to break it to you......Obamacare is already on the road to hell.

At the time they were fighting the Russians, trying to kick them out of Afghanistan. They probably looked like it at the time.

So what? Those "moral equivalents to america's founding fathers" attacked us on 9/11. If it wasn't for ol' ronnie, the taliban likely wouldn't even exist today.

Well, douchenoodle, I guess Ronnie failed to look deeply enough into his crystal ball...

One border patrol agent and Obama is the devil. 3000 Americans and Ronnie was just made a simple mistake.

EDIT: And for your information I liked Ronald Reagan and not Obama. But it's hypocrisy to excuse one side's mistakes and demonize the other's.

Last edited:

Well, douchenoodle, I guess Ronnie failed to look deeply enough into his crystal ball...

One border patrol agent and Obama is the devil. 3000 Americans and Ronnie was just made a simple mistake.

EDIT: And for your information I liked Ronald Reagan and not Obama. But it's hypocrisy to excuse one side's mistakes and demonize the other's.

Oh, so now Reagan is responsible for 9/11? Cute.

And for your information, I have never "demonized" Obama or any other President.

Do you see the butthurt from Ronnie aiding the Afghans against the USSR? Their beloved USSR!

And for your information, I have never "demonized" Obama or any other President.

I wasn't directing that at any particular poster. Reagan didn't cause 9/11 and I don't blame him for thinking supporting the Taliban was the right thing to do at the time. As Ron Paul has tried to argue many times before blowback due to US foreign policy contributed towards the Middle East's attitude towards us. I know neo-cons translate that into "you said America caused 9/11", but you know damn well that isn't what Paul meant. Reagan did what he thought was the right thing just as Obama probably thought he was doing the right thing. But conservatives have turned Fast and Furious into a conspiracy by the administration to impose stricter gun control laws, even there is no evidence of it. Supporting the Taliban was a mistake. Fast and Furious was a mistake. The Iran Contra was a mistake. But some conservatives still believe that the ME "hates us because of our freedoms." No, fucking with their countries for our own self interests probably had nothing to do with it right?

No...Reagan did not "cause" 9/11....he just supported the guys that harbored the guys that did....and thought they were the equivalent of the founding fathers.

BTW.....my favorite Reagan Quote? Mr. Gorbachev....Tear down this wall!

But I'm some fucking Commie to guys like Frank....because I'm a Dem.

Last edited:
Reagan said he was going to toss the USSR onto the ash heap of history, and he did it.

Then again Obama said he was going to toss the USA onto the same ash heap and he's well on his way

How did HE do anything? Nixon brought down the Soviets, Ronnie R. posed a lot (.) Another RR quote: ".....for an old cavalry man...." He skipped WWII, he made it to Delmonico's though, oddly enough the Japanese never hit his WWII 'post'.

Last edited:
Do you see the butthurt from Ronnie aiding the Afghans against the USSR? Their beloved USSR!

The only butthurt going on is from the right wing trash because ol Raygun created the Taliban that later attacked the nation on 9/11.

Reagan is essentially the father of the modern day islamist extremist.

(also don't forget him making illegal arms deals with Iran)

Plus this gem

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipszh14WPFY]Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back