Top Spenders. Time for cuts?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
We spend more on defense than any nation, here is a list of the top five spenders in 2009 in U.S. Dollars:

U.S...............$663 Billion

China............$99 Billion

UK................$69 Billion

France...........$67 Billion

Russian..........$61 Billion

the Chinese figure is low balled and we are contracting at the same time they are increasing. So the net effect is doubled in some cases.

the real yardstick in my humble opinion is-

china 250, US 400...and that lead will shrink.

the rest? I don't care, because they don't.

Defense cuts are long overdue.

Remember Eisenhower's Great Equation?

Spiritual force, multiplied by economic force, multiplied by military force is roughly equal to security. If one of these factors falls to zero, or near zero, the resulting product does likewise.

Here's the deal: A nation that defends everything defends nothing. That's what America has been trying to do for decades. America needs a complete reevaluation of U.S. foreign policy. We can make huge cuts by getting our 'noses' out of other people's business. That's what we need to focus on.

We spend more on defense than any nation, here is a list of the top five spenders in 2009 in U.S. Dollars:

And we defend how many other countries? How much does the UN spend for us?

• Banned
the Chinese figure is low balled and we are contracting at the same time they are increasing. So the net effect is doubled in some cases.

the real yardstick in my humble opinion is-

china 250, US 400...and that lead will shrink.

the rest? I don't care, because they don't.

Your opinion? LMAO. Thanks so much for sharing with us, your opinion is so ... ah ... um... 'thought' provoking.

• Banned

And we defend how many other countries? How much does the UN spend for us?

We defend too many others, and fail to protect our own borders. The UN serves a noble purpose, like all organized human activity, it has its problems but the world is a better place for its existence.

Forum List

Back