Top Republican leader rejects anti-tax pledge by GOP lawmakers.

Maybe we should get rid of that pesky oath of office as well, you know where they pledge to support and defend the Constitution. Unconstittutional spending is what got us here and will be our downfall. How do you propose to fix that?

Repeal the House of Representatives? Under the Constitution, all spending bills start there.

Regards from Rosie

Wrong, only bills that raise revene are required to originate in the house. See article 1, section 7, clause 1.

Read it and weep:

http://www.usconstitution.net/
constfaq_q125.html

Regards from Rosie

The primaries are right around the corner , time for the snakes to shed their skins and fool the red staters into voting for them .

The primaries are right around the corner , time for the snakes to shed their skins and fool the red staters into voting for them .

you signed up just to say that? what a hell of stupid start

Last edited:
Stick to your guns Sen. Saxby Chambliss, don't let the Tea-baggers bully you.

GOP senator draws criticism for rejecting anti-tax pledge

"If Saxby Chambliss wants to "change his mind and become a tax increaser," Grover Norquist said, "he needs to have that conversation with the people of Georgia."

Washington (CNN) -- Nothing riles up the tea party chattering class like a broken pledge against raising taxes.

Just ask Sen. Saxby Chambliss, a veteran Georgia Republican who this week turned his back on the Taxpayer Protection Pledge he signed years ago as a rite of passage in right-wing politics.

Immediately labeled "worthless" and "a liar" on the website Tea Party Nation, Chambliss symbolizes the political conundrum facing GOP leaders after President Barack Obama's re-election.

At last... common sense is starting to permeate the GOP. Welcome aboard comrads. :lol:

Chambliss fires off on Norquist’s anti-tax pledge – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – A top Republican U.S. senator brushed off the anti-tax pledge pushed by activist Grover Norquist and embraced widely for years by GOP lawmakers.

"I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," Sen. Saxby Chambliss told Georgia television station WMAZ, a CNN affiliate, on Wednesday. "If we do it his way, then we'll continue in debt and I just have a disagreement with him about that."

I saw this coming. Same thing happened in California. When Republicans saw that they couldn't stop Democrats, they caved as they figured out how to get their piece of the pie.

The problem is the effect it will have on the rest of the economy. Raising taxes on high income earners will depress how much they are willing to work and make. Their working provides lots of economic activity for other people. You would probably lose more in GDP than you would take in in revenue. Plus the estimates are over inflated, as they always are. High income earners find ways to defer or shelter their incomes.
Europe has slightly different problems from us. But one thing we can learn is that you cannot legislate your way to prosperity. The big problem in Europe is the difficulty in starting and growing a business. Labor laws are so strict that in some countries firing a worker is nearly impossible. With that, no one will hire unless they absolutely have no other choice.
With Obamacare we move further towards that model. All the mandates and regulations we have on business cost real money and probably yield mostly illusory gains.

Yeah, I have heard that one before but in fact it's a theory only, history doesn't support that theory at all.

It's actually a fact. Further, when Reagan cut taxes payments from top tax earners actually went up, not down.

The chart I posted with my above comment reflects tax rates for the top tier and the state of unemployment which mirrors the US economy. When tax rates were low, historical data does not reflect a strong economy. It's that simple.

He cares about his country... pfft... he's no better than the big government, tax and spend liberals.

Being a republican just doesn't mean shit anymore. They're all a bunch of spineless, mealy mouthed pussies that cave time and again to the democrats. It's getting hard to tell the difference between them.

Fuck 'em all. Civil War II, clean house.

Chambliss is old school republican. His break is a crack in the foundations of the House of Norquist.

(007, I see your a welder. Member of a union by chance?)

oh for crying out, just raise taxes on the people and stop gloating over it and make sure to include (the Buffet rule) you all embrace a Unelected BILLIONAIRE who get his own rule named after him from the Democrat party..how sweet and Hypocritical of you Democrats..

A bare pledge to never vote for a tax increase is pointless, even dangerous, unless it is accompanied by a reciprocal pledge to never vote for increased spending.

oh for crying out, just raise taxes on the people and stop gloating over it and make sure to include (the Buffet rule) you all embrace a Unelected BILLIONAIRE who get his own rule named after him from the Democrat party..how sweet and Hypocritical of you Democrats..

Hey everyone! We just got the GREEN LIGHT. We're a go on that budget deal. :D

At last... common sense is starting to permeate the GOP. Welcome aboard comrads. :lol:

Chambliss fires off on Norquist’s anti-tax pledge – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – A top Republican U.S. senator brushed off the anti-tax pledge pushed by activist Grover Norquist and embraced widely for years by GOP lawmakers.

"I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," Sen. Saxby Chambliss told Georgia television station WMAZ, a CNN affiliate, on Wednesday. "If we do it his way, then we'll continue in debt and I just have a disagreement with him about that."

Remember Republicans are completely unprincipled . They are politicians who want to be elected and acquire power no matter what.

So, after Obama's election Chambliss, has concluded that rampant Parasitism is in.

Forum List

Back