Top Republican leader rejects anti-tax pledge by GOP lawmakers.

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
At last... common sense is starting to permeate the GOP. Welcome aboard comrads. :lol:

Chambliss fires off on Norquist’s anti-tax pledge – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – A top Republican U.S. senator brushed off the anti-tax pledge pushed by activist Grover Norquist and embraced widely for years by GOP lawmakers.

"I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," Sen. Saxby Chambliss told Georgia television station WMAZ, a CNN affiliate, on Wednesday. "If we do it his way, then we'll continue in debt and I just have a disagreement with him about that."

He cares about his country... pfft... he's no better than the big government, tax and spend liberals.

Being a republican just doesn't mean shit anymore. They're all a bunch of spineless, mealy mouthed pussies that cave time and again to the democrats. It's getting hard to tell the difference between them.

Fuck 'em all. Civil War II, clean house.

At last... common sense is starting to permeate the GOP. Welcome aboard comrads. :lol:

Chambliss fires off on Norquist’s anti-tax pledge – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – A top Republican U.S. senator brushed off the anti-tax pledge pushed by activist Grover Norquist and embraced widely for years by GOP lawmakers.

"I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," Sen. Saxby Chambliss told Georgia television station WMAZ, a CNN affiliate, on Wednesday. "If we do it his way, then we'll continue in debt and I just have a disagreement with him about that."

At the time the ‘pledge’ was seen as a useful political tool, as that’s no longer the case expect more republicans to abandon their ‘drown the government in a bathtub’ pledge.

At the time the ‘pledge’ was seen as a useful political tool, as that’s no longer the case expect more republicans to abandon their ‘drown the government in a bathtub’ pledge.
Sure why not? Our economy is going to implode anyway, might as well speed up the process.

Give the democrats exactly what they want, and when our economy fails, we'll all finally be able to see WHY.

Last edited:
He cares about his country... pfft... he's no better than the big government, tax and spend liberals.

Being a republican just doesn't mean shit anymore. They're all a bunch of spineless, mealy mouthed pussies that cave time and again to the democrats. It's getting hard to tell the difference between them.

Why would someone who does not hold a political office, someone who voters have never and probably would never support, have so much political power? If the GOP wants to survive, they need to cut their ties with Grover the Great.

16th thread on this..DO ANY of you know how to do a SEARCH

man oh man, you ever thought you'd see your fellow Americans cheering for taxes to be raised and mocking others who don't fall in line with it?

Last edited:
Grover Norquist is just some washed up fool who thinks he is more powerful than he really is.

No elected Representative should ever sign a pledge to an interest group or ideology. They are there to serve in the best interests of the American people.

No pledges!!

But you notice the liberals have no problem with their Dear Leader Pledging a Tax for Warren Buffet

Why would someone who does not hold a political office, someone who voters have never and probably would never support, have so much political power? If the GOP wants to survive, they need to cut their ties with Grover the Great.

It isn't the man they support it's his principles on taxes they support.
Until the point our govt displays the ability to PROPERLY spend our tax dollars fuck em.

SNIP:
By Napp Nazworth, Christian Post Reporter

September 18, 2011|1:14 pm

President Obama will announce a deficit reduction plan Monday that will include entitlement reform and a “Buffett Rule,” which would increase taxes on millionaires. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) called the idea “class warfare.”

The “Buffett Rule” was inspired by an Aug. 14, 2011 editorial in The New York Times by billionaire investor Warren Buffett in which he complained that he does not pay enough in taxes because his workers – middle income wage earners – pay higher tax rates than he does.

“What I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income – and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent,” Buffett wrote.

Critics argued, however, that Buffett failed to account for the double taxation of capital gains and dividends.

Read more at Obama to Announce 'Warren Buffett' Tax Increase

Grover Norquist is just some washed up fool who thinks he is more powerful than he really is.

No elected Representative should ever sign a pledge to an interest group or ideology. They are there to serve in the best interests of the American people.

No pledges!!

Maybe we should get rid of that pesky oath of office as well, you know where they pledge to support and defend the Constitution. Unconstittutional spending is what got us here and will be our downfall. How do you propose to fix that?

SNIP:

President Obama will announce a deficit reduction plan Monday that will include entitlement reform and a “Buffett Rule,” which would increase taxes on millionaires. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) called the idea “class warfare.”

The “Buffett Rule” was inspired by an Aug. 14, 2011 editorial in The New York Times by billionaire investor Warren Buffett in which he complained that he does not pay enough in taxes because his workers – middle income wage earners – pay higher tax rates than he does.

“What I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income – and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent,” Buffett wrote.

Critics argued, however, that Buffett failed to account for the double taxation of capital gains and dividends.

Stephanie, just in case you missed it, Obama won. He has the upper hand and we all know that the % taxes being paid at this point is the lowest in years. Existing polls showed this very policy being supported by over 60% of those polled. The deficit needs to be addressed in a balanced way. Grover will lose Big Time on this one. And the Republican members of Congress know it and are back peddling away from the bully.

No pledges!!

Maybe we should get rid of that pesky oath of office as well, you know where they pledge to support and defend the Constitution. Unconstittutional spending is what got us here and will be our downfall. How do you propose to fix that?

I'm talking about pledges that tie the hands of duly elected representatives given to special interest groups and individuals who are not looking out for the interests of our country.

The oath of office is not the same thing.

We have to do both-raise taxes and cut spending. Not just one or the other.

NOTICE how they love love love the billionaire Buffet that Obama made a special RULE for him

but that damn Grover how dare Republicans

two faced hypocrites, ALL liberals

Last edited:
But you notice the liberals have no problem with their Dear Leader Pledging a Tax for Warren Buffet

It's not about what's good for the country. It's about sticking it to people who are more successful than you.
THe tax increase on income is estimated to bring in $800B over 10 years. Never mind that it wont. That's $80B a year. In the context of 1.4T deficits that's nothing.
Low tax rates on high income earners are not our problem. Gov't spending is our problem.

SNIP:

Stephanie, just in case you missed it, Obama won. He has the upper hand and we all know that the % taxes being paid at this point is the lowest in years. Existing polls showed this very policy being supported by over 60% of those polled. The deficit needs to be addressed in a balanced way. Grover will lose Big Time on this one. And the Republican members of Congress know it and are back peddling away from the bully.

Balanced, really, raise revenue and spend it and more, great balance. Maobama has no intention of reducing spending. Every time he opens his mouth he comes up with new way to spend, we're slipping closer and closer to recession and your dear leader is leading the charge, but folks like you will always find someone else to blame.

No pledges!!

I'm talking about pledges that tie the hands of duly elected representatives given to special interest groups and individuals who are not looking out for the interests of our country.

Historically, regardless of tax rates the federal government hasn't taken in more than 16% of GDP, when spending exceed that point deficits will be the result. History also proves that when you tax anything, you get less of it, whether it's money or a commodity, so why not just keep doing the things that have never worked and expect different results, the presence of your dear learder not withstanding, it's still insane.

No pledges!!

Unfortunately the radical fiscal right foolishly believes only spending cuts will solve the problem.

They adhere blindly to the idiotic dogma that all taxes are ‘bad,’ and that a modern 21st Century economy can somehow function as if it were the 18th Century.

16th thread on this..DO ANY of you know how to do a SEARCH

man oh man, you ever thought you'd see your fellow Americans cheering for taxes to be raised and mocking others who don't fall in line with it?

You’re at liberty to not view or participate in any thread you don’t like, preferably the latter.

And no one is ‘cheering for taxes to be raised,’ rather, it’s a pragmatic and comprehensive understanding that serious debt reduction will result only if there are both increases in revenue and cuts in spending.

However much the right may believe it to be the case, we can not and should not balance the budget solely on the backs of working Americans, the disabled, and the poor.

Unfortunately the radical fiscal right foolishly believes only spending cuts will solve the problem.

They adhere blindly to the idiotic dogma that all taxes are ‘bad,’ and that a modern 21st Century economy can somehow function as if it were the 18th Century.

Link? I don't recall anyone ever saying all taxes are bad or that we need no government at all. Straw man fail.

Forum List

Back