Top rating female policewoman killed by Taliban.

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan, Sept 28, 2008 (AFP) - Taliban gunmen shot dead the most high-profile female police officer in Afghanistan and wounded her teenaged son as she left home to go to work Sunday, officials and the militia said.

Attackers waiting outside the home of Malalai Kakar, head of the city of Kandahar's department of crimes against women, opened fire on her car as she left, Kandahar government spokesman Zalmay Ayoobi told AFP.

"Today between 7 am and 8 am when she was (in her car) outside her house and going to her job, some gunmen attacked," Ayoobi said.

"Malalai Kakar died in front of her house. Her son was wounded."

A doctor in the city's main hospital said Kakar, in her late 40s, had been shot in the head.

full article:

Taliban kill Afghanistan's most high-profile policewoman - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
That's very sad. You have to admire any police woman anywhere who would risk her life but it's seems like that policewoman was guaranteed to lose her life for what she believed in. I hope her son recovers and that her family is left in peace.

Stuff like this really pisses me off to read.God Damned POS cowards, I hope they turn all of them into a grease spot in the sand.:mad:

A spokesman for the extremist Taliban movement, which targets government officials as part of a growing deadly insurgency, said that the assassins were from his group.

"We killed Malalai Kakar," spokesman Yousuf Ahmadi told AFP. "She was our target, and we successfully eliminated our target."

Forum List

Back