Top quality US education, why the US is going down

Anyone who has ever taught something (either as a credentialed teacher to a class or an ordinary person to his/her colleagues) knows that teaching is one of the most satisfying professions in the world.

Nothing is more wonderful than your formal/informal students thanking you for successfully helping them to advance in some particular field of study.

Many secondary public school teachers would love to provide their students with a world-class education.

But they can't.

So many public schools nowadays have horrific discipline problems. A sizable proportion of high school students are defiant, disruptive, and even violent.

Teachers in those schools try to get through the day by ignoring as much as they can.

They never get a chance to teach the good students.
So right. Could the decline of discipline and manners in our child, be an indication of a collapsing nation?

I suspect this "discipline problem" is primarily present in poor, working class, and lower middle class districts, but I could be wrong.

26904281_1794841400812716_5123773963635937042_n.jpg

This is Bolton Academy in Atlanta.

Bolton Academy - 2268 Adams Dr NW, Atlanta, GA - Trulia

In English this "Academy" gets 38% of meeting or exceeding standards.
In Math 37%
In Science 31%
In Social Studies 30%

I wonder why.

We're on the same page here!

Because the Democrat Party has controlled our "education" system and has perfected the art of graduating classes less capable, less informed and more government dependent than the last.

I give them credit for finding a way to make us pay to practice intellectual pedophilia

The Department of Education needs to have one and only one function: hand out educational vouchers that are only redeemable at certified schools

The problem is that both parties are responsible for this. It's just the Republicans tend to view education with suspicion, which is really weird, that doesn't make them any less responsible.

Agreed! Both parties benefit from having uninformed citizens

Yes, and the rich benefit from having two parties they can bribe with ease.

Forum List

Back