Top Obama Fundraiser Explodes Over Campaign's Class Warfare

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Snip:

Millionaire developer R. Donahue Peebles -– a 52-year-old D.C. native whose company website touts The Peebles Corp. as "the country's largest African Americanreal estate development company," is a top fundraiser for President Barack Obama...raising between $100K and $200K for this reelection.

But in a 20-minute conversation with HuffPost Monday, Peebles blasted Obama's campaign messaging. He said, as he told other press outlets, that his frustrationwas sparked by receiving an email from the DNC that mocked Romney as"out of touch" for having a boat that fit 12 people, accompanied by apicture of the Republican presumptive nominee on vacation.

"That offended me. Now if I were on the fence, he'd have lost me,"said Peebles, who described himself as nonetheless a "big supporter ofthe president's."

"What I get concerned about is the message from the Obama campaign that we only want someone who has not been successful to run for president. What do we want here? You can't be successful and run the country? We don't want somebody who has been successful to run it?That doesn't make sense," Peebles said.

Read more: Top Obama Fundraiser Explodes Over Campaign's Class Warfare - R. Donahue Peebles - Fox Nation

Snip:

Millionaire developer R. Donahue Peebles -– a 52-year-old D.C. native whose company website touts The Peebles Corp. as "the country's largest African Americanreal estate development company," is a top fundraiser for President Barack Obama...raising between $100K and $200K for this reelection.

But in a 20-minute conversation with HuffPost Monday, Peebles blasted Obama's campaign messaging. He said, as he told other press outlets, that his frustrationwas sparked by receiving an email from the DNC that mocked Romney as"out of touch" for having a boat that fit 12 people, accompanied by apicture of the Republican presumptive nominee on vacation.

"That offended me. Now if I were on the fence, he'd have lost me,"said Peebles, who described himself as nonetheless a "big supporter ofthe president's."

"What I get concerned about is the message from the Obama campaign that we only want someone who has not been successful to run for president. What do we want here? You can't be successful and run the country? We don't want somebody who has been successful to run it?That doesn't make sense," Peebles said.

Read more: Top Obama Fundraiser Explodes Over Campaign's Class Warfare - R. Donahue Peebles - Fox Nation

Uh oh, no more Hollywood dinner parties for YOU, Mr Peebles.

Have we arrived at the place in America, where it's fashionable to view successful people as the enemy, and those that graze at the government trough as the good guys ?

I always thought that the goal was to become as successful as possible, based on your own merits and hard work. Guess I'm living in the past.

Have we arrived at the place in America, where it's fashionable to view successful people as the enemy, and those that graze at the government trough as the good guys ?

I always thought that the goal was to become as successful as possible, based on your own merits and hard work. Guess I'm living in the past.

Do you REALLY think you have a snowball chance in hell to make it up the ladder in this grand pyramid scheme that is not capitalism?:confused:

It's a Bolshevist thing.

This is the actual article.

R. Donahue Peebles, Obama Fundraiser, Says Attacks On Romney Woke 'Sleeping Giant'

Per as usual fixed news has, at best, provided not even half the story AND they spun that as well. It's not news, it's a propaganda network and nothing more.

Spun? The whole HuffPo article is about how upset Peebles is about the way Obama is running his campaign. I'm actully surprised HuffPo allowed such an anti-Obama piece to be posted.

I like the title...
R. Donahue Peebles, Obama Fundraiser, Says Attacks On Romney Woke 'Sleeping Giant'
Last time a sleeping giant was awakened, it kicked some serious ass. Ask Japan.

Peebles told the Times that he found certain attacks by Democrats on Romney's wealth to be "offensive."

And this wasn't the first time Peebles had spoken critically of Obama's attacks on Romney. In late May, he reached out through a PR representative to a BuzzFeed reporter to tell him that he found it "inconsistent" for Obama to criticize private equity and then take money from those who work in that field.

But in a 20-minute conversation with HuffPost Monday, Peebles went much further in blasting Obama's campaign messaging than he has before. He said, as he told other press outlets, that his frustration was sparked by receiving an email from the DNC that mocked Romney as "out of touch" for having a boat that fit 12 people, accompanied by a picture of the Republican presumptive nominee on vacation.

"That offended me. Now if I were on the fence, he'd have lost me," said Peebles, who described himself as nonetheless a "big supporter of the president's."

"What I get concerned about is the message from the Obama campaign that we only want someone who has not been successful to run for president. What do we want here? You can't be successful and run the country? We don't want somebody who has been successful to run it? That doesn't make sense," Peebles said. "So I look at that and I see that those things are becoming offensive to some of his strongest supporters, financially.

"It would be unrealistic to think that that kind of thing would not impact the enthusiasm for those who are supportive of the president, financially, and certainly would turn off others who were on the fence to say, 'You know, what the heck with it. I'm done,'" Peebles continued. "And they go on to Romney.

I like this part...
"I'm so tired of hearing that the rich are not paying their fair share of taxes. Yeah we are," Peebles said. "The super vast majority of wealthy Americans do not wake up every day and say, 'Let's see how we can pay less than our fair share of taxes.' They say, 'We're going to follow the law and we're going to hire some good accountants to tell us how to do it. And we're going to pay no more or no less than our fair share.'

Snip:

So the "(Black) Prince of South Beach" thinks that less than 1% of all voters constitute a sleeping giant?

"Creating a pipeline for deals; securing financing; and buying, developing, and selling properties are all in a day's work for Peebles. His company (No. 42 on the Be INDUSTRIAL/ SERVICE 100 list with $82 million in sales), has amassed a $500 million real estate portfolio.

"Without a college degree, this son of a single parent built a real estate empire with tremendous fortitude, business and political savvy, and a healthy dose of kismet."

Peebles sounds like another DC insider who got rich from shifting the burden of government from FIRE sector wealth to productive labor.

"In the early '80s, Peebles was also a fundraiser and supporter of then-Mayor Marion Barry's reelection campaign and was named to the city's property tax appeals board, becoming its chairman at the age of 24. During that time, Peebles became a player in terms of political fundraising and then started a real estate appraisal business.

"But he really wanted to be a developer and own buildings.

"He got his opportunity in 1986, when the then-26-year-old entrepreneur closed on his first property, a vacant development site on which he built a 100,000-square-foot office building, with a project budget of $9 million. By 1989, he'd left the city's tax appeals board to focus on his private enterprise."

The Prince of South Beach: R. Donahue Peebles has built a real estate empire with the posh and a pipeline of deals in South Florida. And he's not finished yet | Black Enterprise | Find Articles

Per as usual fixed news has, at best, provided not even half the story AND they spun that as well. It's not news, it's a propaganda network and nothing more.

Ok - you make no sense what so ever. I just clicked your link to Huffpo, read the story, and he absolutely blasts the Obama message!!! WTF are you reading?!? You literally just proved that the Fox News story was 100% accurate. Copied and pasted right from your link, stupid:

"But in a 20-minute conversation with HuffPost Monday, Peebles went much further in blasting Obama's campaign messaging than he has before. He said, as he told other press outlets, that his frustration was sparked by receiving an email from the DNC that mocked Romney as "out of touch" for having a boat that fit 12 people, accompanied by a picture of the Republican presumptive nominee on vacation"[/B]

But he also took issue with Obama's recently revived talking point about raising taxes on those who make $250,000 or more a year.

"I'm so tired of hearing that the rich are not paying their fair share of taxes. Yeah we are," Peebles said. "The super vast majority of wealthy Americans do not wake up every day and say, 'Let's see how we can pay less than our fair share of taxes.' They say, 'We're going to follow the law and we're going to hire some good accountants to tell us how to do it. And we're going to pay no more or no less than our fair share.'

"So to say that wealthy individuals are not paying their fair is unfair and delusional," he said. "So what should be said is that the wealthy Americans should have their tax rates raised because we need more money. Now by the way, if they got all these tax raises it still wouldn't put a dent in the national debt."

He wasn't done.

"We cannot attack wealth creation and attack people just because they're wealthy and we can't attack wealth and success, and making that a bad thing. It's like going to school and the bullies picking on the A-students, calling them nerds and so forth. So, what do we want, a whole school of dummies?"

Do you REALLY think you have a snowball chance in hell to make it up the ladder in this grand pyramid scheme that is not capitalism?:confused:

Tell that to Chris Gardner, you dumb ass Communist self-pity lazy little bitch...

Spun? The whole HuffPo article is about how upset Peebles is about the way Obama is running his campaign. I'm actully surprised HuffPo allowed such an anti-Obama piece to be posted.

I like the title...
Last time a sleeping giant was awakened, it kicked some serious ass. Ask Japan.

"What I get concerned about is the message from the Obama campaign that we only want someone who has not been successful to run for president. What do we want here? You can't be successful and run the country? We don't want somebody who has been successful to run it? That doesn't make sense," Peebles said. "So I look at that and I see that those things are becoming offensive to some of his strongest supporters, financially.

"It would be unrealistic to think that that kind of thing would not impact the enthusiasm for those who are supportive of the president, financially, and certainly would turn off others who were on the fence to say, 'You know, what the heck with it. I'm done,'" Peebles continued. "And they go on to Romney.

I like this part...

Of course you of the fixed news propaganda network brain dead are surprised that left wing media reports both sides of an issue. Welcome to reality!

It's a Bolshevist thing.

Yeah it is but good news none the less, it should be a light bulb for millions of others I'd hope.

Care to even present one bit of evidence as to where this happened? Not saying it didn't but without a cite your opinion is useless.

His opinion is pretty much useless anyway. I just read the HuffPuff piece and it was MORE critical that Fox...

Forum List

Back