Top military/police trainer, Lt Col Grossman: This (shootings) is just the beginning

Don't worry, no one is taking that away from you. Thanks to SCOTUS.

Why not answer the question?

The shit flowing from your mouth is not worth a response.

You are a repulsive person, the embodiment of everything wrong with this county.

Hateful. Full of fear. Scared of your own shadow.

You hide in your basement and spew your pointless questions.

As opposed to you who is warm and loving to people who disagree with you?

We have had gun safety awareness campaigns as well.

Fail.

And they work.

You are truly a piece of work. You are so blinded by ideology and hate, you cant even have a logical discussion.

I have not suggested banning guns. That is impossible. It would require martial law and a likely mini civil war.

You are seriously just too ideological to have a real input on this conversation.

You are incapable of a logical discussion.

Shall we ban super sized sugary drinks because it eventually kills people?

No. Thats a stupid idea. Bloomberg is a retard. He is part of the reason I stopped being a Republican.

What does a soda have to do with finding a way to stop the massacre of children in the future?

We can worry about 20 oz Sprites later. We are trying to find ideas on how to stop mass shooting sprees.

WHat are yours?

Don't worry, no one is taking that away from you. Thanks to SCOTUS.

You are a repulsive person, the embodiment of everything wrong with this county.

The question was not pointless. It is about God granted liberty and freedom.

Shall we ban you from hammering your boyfriends ass due to the AIDS risk, or not?

Gay ass fucking spread 80% of the AIDS cases, which kills 17K a year.

How far does our 'we' responsibly to stop this shit go, progressive totalitarian?

Well, we've done it by awareness programs.
We've funded the medical community to treat it, to where it is now more of a chronic condition than death sentence, miraculous strives in medicine.

I think "we" have done a pretty good job of containing and treating AIDS.

I love the name calling. I cant believe people who are asking for a simple talk about how to fix this problem....are being met with ideological and political responses. Amazing.

And how YOU would try to equate two consenting gay men giving each other AIDS...as somehow a moral equivalent to a man walking into a school and murdering 20 children and 6 teachers. If you dont see the difference, well, no reason talking with you.

We have had gun safety awareness campaigns as well.

Fail.

There is a sickness among these advocates of the spread of war weopons in our society. They refuse to acknowledge that the ease of access to such high powered weoponry has anything to do with the killings we are seeing going on right now.

In just this week, there have been three incidents of attacks on the general public with assault weopons. These are the choice of the crazies, because they are tools that are specifically designed to kill large numbers of human beings rapidly. And our 'Conservatives' have made it a goal of their philosophy that we have as many in the public hands as possible. Irregardless of the logical outcome.

It is up to our sane citizens to reverse this trend, get these guns off of the streets, and see that our mental health community is available to those that need such help at an early stage in their illness.

Lt. Col Grossman was just on the Fox Sunday show, he is a top psychologist at West Point, the author of the legendary combat training book "On Killing", and one of the leading experts/trainers in the military/police community.

He says in a chilling interview that he has predicted this rise in domestic violence for years, and that these school shootings are just the "beginning" of the evil and horror that is coming inside our borders. He says the generations we have raised recently have been desensitized to killing, and literally trained and programmed to do it through violent video games. Like many of the great sports coaches of history who used visualization for athletes, the visualization practice is common in combat training, and video games train just that action, the Lt. Col says. Should we be that shocked? Is a mass shooting/suicide much different from a Middle East suicide bomber? No, its not. It happens worldwide. Now we're no different.

We are a free country. Companies like Microsoft are free to make millions and billions of dollars off video games. We are free to own guns. We are free to make violent movies. Free to play paintball, airsoft, etc, training in combat imagery, with everything except actual death.

We are free to grow our technology, and we have become so disconnected from person-to-person interaction. Kids spend more time "talking" through text and tweets than in person. XBox spends as much time raising a kid as two working parents do.

And....add to that our recent push to slash budgets for mental health, public schools and police. We rarely have access to mental health hospitals anymore. Schools are hand-tied to discipline kids. Police depts have little to no funding for training or staffing schools with armed cops.

As our country grows more violent, more desensitized to violence, less connected to personal relationships, less religious..........we are also dismantling the structures in place that help those who suffer from mental illness, and who protect us from domestic threats.

We are going in opposite directions on both fronts.

Lt. Col. Grossman is right. This is just the beginning. Its gonna get far worse.

We can grow up, find solutions, fund solutions, PRAY, and take it serious..........or, we can go about our lives, and get ready to be outraged after the next one and wonder why we still haven't done shit to try to change the direction we're going.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/bulletproof-mind

I saw that interview. No it isn't video games. It isn't being desentitized to violence. We have removed the internal controls that come with religion, dismantled the structures that identified and removed the insane from normal people asking instead what's normal? We have given the insane tools to justify their insanity.

Of course it's going to get worse. We now have the third generation since the drug fueled 60s growing up in a secular culture where they are all little Gods, reliant on some substance to make them feel good. We have a created right to happiness of whatever form the individual chooses for himself no matter the cost to others.

This is an entire culture of depravity. It takes many forms. This is one of them.

Very true. Taking God out of schools is a huge mistake. I blame lawyers for that. This pandora's box of violence is kinda like unlocking a real lock, it takes several factors in the combination. Lack of God, cultural violence, mental illness, drugs, isolation from society.

God hasn't only been taken out of schools, but out of everything. Instead, every man is the Law unto himself.

Of course it's going to get worse. We have a society designed to make it worse. After all, we have now the first generation of people who communicate with others almost entirely electronically. They don't talk, they tweet. They will never learn to understand voice inflection, or read body language. They are concurrently being taught that they are entitled to just about everything including understanding, compassion and generosity. There are no controls beyond their most base instrincts. We are not becoming more violent. We are becoming more sadistic. People have discovered the joy, the feeling they get, from sadism.

The question was not pointless. It is about God granted liberty and freedom.

Shall we ban you from hammering your boyfriends ass due to the AIDS risk, or not?

Wow. You are so ingrained with ideology I literally cant have a discussion. To take it to the ideological opposite (and ridiculous) end, I'd respond that if you say God given freedom should enable me to own a 40 oz Pepsi and AK47, who not a rocket launcher? A tank? A pack of C4 explosives?

Stupid arguments, and pointless on both ends.

Im asking how can we respond with a better mental health system, and what, if anything, can we do through our domestic police forces to address this?

And you jump to God given freedoms and large sodas? Fucking amazing, it truly is. And you wonder why 'your side' is losing ground.

And they work.

You are truly a piece of work. You are so blinded by ideology and hate, you cant even have a logical discussion.

I have not suggested banning guns. That is impossible. It would require martial law and a likely mini civil war.

You are seriously just too ideological to have a real input on this conversation.

No. Thats a stupid idea. Bloomberg is a retard. He is part of the reason I stopped being a Republican.

What does a soda have to do with finding a way to stop the massacre of children in the future?

We can worry about 20 oz Sprites later. We are trying to find ideas on how to stop mass shooting sprees.

WHat are yours?

You are apparently not capable of advanced discussion on innate human rights and our Founding principles.

You make a better follower.

I saw that interview. No it isn't video games. It isn't being desentitized to violence. We have removed the internal controls that come with religion, dismantled the structures that identified and removed the insane from normal people asking instead what's normal? We have given the insane tools to justify their insanity.

Of course it's going to get worse. We now have the third generation since the drug fueled 60s growing up in a secular culture where they are all little Gods, reliant on some substance to make them feel good. We have a created right to happiness of whatever form the individual chooses for himself no matter the cost to others.

This is an entire culture of depravity. It takes many forms. This is one of them.

Very true. Taking God out of schools is a huge mistake. I blame lawyers for that. This pandora's box of violence is kinda like unlocking a real lock, it takes several factors in the combination. Lack of God, cultural violence, mental illness, drugs, isolation from society.

God hasn't only been taken out of schools, but out of everything. Instead, every man is the Law unto himself.

Of course it's going to get worse. We have a society designed to make it worse. After all, we have now the first generation of people who communicate with others almost entirely electronically. They don't talk, they tweet. They will never learn to understand voice inflection, or read body language. They are concurrently being taught that they are entitled to just about everything including understanding, compassion and generosity. There are no controls beyond their most base instrincts. We are not becoming more violent. We are becoming more sadistic. People have discovered the joy, the feeling they get, from sadism.

I agree. It wont harm 99% of people, but the isolation from personal contact because of technology is yet another ingredient in this deadly stew of violence.

And as for the assault weapons...the problem isnt the caliber of bullet. He used a .223 caliber, a very small bullet. But an M4/AR15 is EXTREMELY accurate, far more accurate than a pistol. Thats why soldiers and cops carry them, they not only are more accurate, but in the hands of a cop or soldier, it cuts down on innocent bystander death because they rarely miss. But in the hands of a killer, he also rarely misses. They reported that only 1 person was shot who survived, meaning, all his shots were fatal and accurate in a purely evil way.

WHat are yours?

You are apparently not capable of advanced discussion on innate human rights and our Founding principles.

Ok, YOU start it then.

Did that killer have a right to own an AR15? Did his mom? Yes on both. Did she have an innate responsibility to keep those guns from her crazy ass fucking coward of a son? YES.

Did she do that? No.

Ok. Now we have 26 dead innocent people.

YOU tell me: How do we deal with this?

IS YOUR ANSWER simply "We dont, its part of being free"?

Hey bucs.

Question.

Shall the religious freedoms of Catholic employers to decide not to pay for contraception in their healthcare poliicies be trashed for the 'greater good'?

How far do you 'greater good' totalitarian progressives want to go?

It is easier to buy a gun than to get help for a mental health issue. That is a FACT.

I haven't seen any credible evidence the incidence in shootings has gone up. We have had school shootings in this country probably since the 1920s.

The number of victims has most certainly gone up. Oh, and the first was in the 1700s. List of school shootings in the United States

After Columbine, School Shootings Proliferate

The massacre at Virginia Tech may be the largest single shooting spree at a school in the nation's history, but it is far from the first. In fact, the number, frequency, and death toll for shootings at schools has increased dramatically since the attack at Colorado's Columbine High School eight years ago this Friday.

The list of school shootings is a grim yardstick to measure the violence that has spared neither the ivory tower nor the elementary schoolyard.

You can view an ad for an AR 47 rifle in the fucking newspaper next to an article about the CT shooting, but try to get help for a mental health issue in this country...especially if you are without health insurance.

WHat are yours?

Ok, YOU start it then.

Did that killer have a right to own an AR15? Did his mom? Yes on both. Did she have an innate responsibility to keep those guns from her crazy ass fucking coward of a son? YES.

Did she do that? No.

Of course it is part of being free.

People owning guns must be responsible for them.

The alternative to personal responsibility is the Nazi state you continue to promote.

Hey bucs.

Question.

Shall the religious freedoms of Catholic employers to decide not to pay for contraception in their healthcare poliicies be trashed for the 'greater good'?

How far do you 'greater good' totalitarian progressives want to go?

No, they shouldn't.

Next question: How do we stop or curb this epedimic of mass shootings?

Question for YOU: Are these shootings something we as a country can limit or stop? Or...is it just a side effect of freedom? (I doubt you'll answer this).

WHat are yours?

Ok, YOU start it then.

Did she do that? No.

You bring up a very interesting point. Of course we don't know anything about the mother. We don't know if she was like a lot of mothers who refused to accept her son's insanity. Did she fight to keep him in ordinary classes like a lot of mothers do? Did she reject all incidents of treating him differently? Were his formative years spent in a drug induced haze rather than treat him differently.

There is no way to totally end evil people or evil acts. If we didn't have a NON judgmental society we might be able to mitigate the damage.

WHat are yours?

Ok, YOU start it then.

Did she do that? No.

Do you have a better answer? Why should a bunch of people have their freedom restricted because one woman had no sense?

It is easier to buy a gun than to get help for a mental health issue. That is a FACT.

I haven't seen any credible evidence the incidence in shootings has gone up. We have had school shootings in this country probably since the 1920s.

The number of victims has most certainly gone up. Oh, and the first was in the 1700s. List of school shootings in the United States

The massacre at Virginia Tech may be the largest single shooting spree at a school in the nation's history, but it is far from the first. In fact, the number, frequency, and death toll for shootings at schools has increased dramatically since the attack at Colorado's Columbine High School eight years ago this Friday.

The list of school shootings is a grim yardstick to measure the violence that has spared neither the ivory tower nor the elementary schoolyard.

You can view an ad for an AR 47 rifle in the fucking newspaper next to an article about the CT shooting, but try to get help for a mental health issue in this country...especially if you are without health insurance.
I dont know what an AR-47 is. And I sell guns for a living.

This is clearly all George W Bush's fault. Free mental health for everyone!

Lt. Col Grossman was just on the Fox Sunday show, he is a top psychologist at West Point, the author of the legendary combat training book "On Killing", and one of the leading experts/trainers in the military/police community.

He says in a chilling interview that he has predicted this rise in domestic violence for years, and that these school shootings are just the "beginning" of the evil and horror that is coming inside our borders. He says the generations we have raised recently have been desensitized to killing, and literally trained and programmed to do it through violent video games. Like many of the great sports coaches of history who used visualization for athletes, the visualization practice is common in combat training, and video games train just that action, the Lt. Col says. Should we be that shocked? Is a mass shooting/suicide much different from a Middle East suicide bomber? No, its not. It happens worldwide. Now we're no different.

We are a free country. Companies like Microsoft are free to make millions and billions of dollars off video games. We are free to own guns. We are free to make violent movies. Free to play paintball, airsoft, etc, training in combat imagery, with everything except actual death.

We are free to grow our technology, and we have become so disconnected from person-to-person interaction. Kids spend more time "talking" through text and tweets than in person. XBox spends as much time raising a kid as two working parents do.

And....add to that our recent push to slash budgets for mental health, public schools and police. We rarely have access to mental health hospitals anymore. Schools are hand-tied to discipline kids. Police depts have little to no funding for training or staffing schools with armed cops.

As our country grows more violent, more desensitized to violence, less connected to personal relationships, less religious..........we are also dismantling the structures in place that help those who suffer from mental illness, and who protect us from domestic threats.

We are going in opposite directions on both fronts.

Lt. Col. Grossman is right. This is just the beginning. Its gonna get far worse.

We can grow up, find solutions, fund solutions, PRAY, and take it serious..........or, we can go about our lives, and get ready to be outraged after the next one and wonder why we still haven't done shit to try to change the direction we're going.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/bulletproof-mind

So what he is calling for is censorship! If you thought the gun control fight was tough wait until you fight the censorship one!

I dont know what an AR-47 is. And I sell guns for a living.

This is clearly all George W Bush's fault. Free mental health for everyone!

That's your response? You can't come up with an actual response so you hit me on an parapraxis?

No, free mental health to those that need it and cannot afford it. Of course, even to them it isn't "free"...we could ALL pay for it through taxes. Last I heard we were one of the wealthiest nations in the country.

I like the idea of a "gun tax" that would help pay for mental health.

I have been hearing this all week. I didn't know the psychiatry field was shrinking. I didn't know shrinks were so busy they needed a waiting list! I didn't know that every hospital out there with a mental health wing wasn't using it! :hmpf:

One problem with the mental health issue is people who need help RARELY go to get it, even if it's available to them! They either don't want the stigma, don't want to "waste" their time or have fallen into the "I just don't give a fuck."

What was it in the 70s, we stopped forcefully institutionalizing people absent of some crime. Doesn't matter if the person is a ticking time-bomb. He/she must commit a crime first!

Forum List

Back