'Top kill' halts flow of oil and gas, admiral says

Obama just came on TV and said "Visit the beaches!!!!"
gemmoil2.jpg

Now if that was chocolate syrup.....

That is it. I am volunteering for cleanup.

Dawn detergent donates for every bottle purchased to an animal cleanup fund. Just a thought to do your part.

The damage from the oil that is in the Gulf has just started. You want to politisize this disaster, asshole, you are the guys with the "Drill, baby, Drill" mantra.

Right now, and for the next several months, the focus had better be on how to prevent as much damage as possible, and ameliorate damage which is not preventable.

We need now to get our scientists from NOAA out in force, studying the currents at various depths, the likely wind patterns, and where we need to have people ready next to attempt to keep the damage at a minimum. Out with a big credit card.

Um. what on earth are you talking about? You guys have been politicizing it since day one. You can't make it all political and then complain when someone mentions the political ramifcations of it. If you didn't want it to be political, you shouldn't have made it political.

But it does have political consequences, whether you want to accept it or not. And instead of leadership, we see our "leaders" doing absolutely nothing but casting blame.

This happened because I prayed, with goose bumps from my toes to the top of my head prayed, for BP to be able to stop this gusher....

and I don't care what you guys think! :D

:lol:

If we go with the theory that everything happens for a reason and God, by whatever name he is called, can make something good out of whatever evil or stupid humankind is able to come up with, then we can hope that as bad as this abomination as been, we will learn from it. First, we learn not to keep using processes that have failed in the past--at least we don't do that when there is so much potential for such severe consequences.

Second, we don't support elected 'leaders' who endorse processes that have failed in the past in such situations, or those who ignore the potential problems. And we hold those responsible accountable for the damage they do.

Finally, we keep learning how to do all things better and with the least possible consequences including exploiting our natural resources.

Yea, smart white wingers feel government scientists are stupid because they couldn't stop the oil flow. Never mind that it's how many thousands of feet below the surface, and then the well is drilled thousands MORE?

They should have used all that government oil rigging and equipment we have. What? We don't have any? We must have it. White wingers NEVER talk out their ass. They don't need education and science. They have "common sense".

Always have to make it about race don't you. Fucking racist bastard.

The stuff you see gushing out is drilling mud. They're pumping it down the well, forcing back the column of oil. Once they verify there's enough displaced volume then the mud will be chased with a cement slurry. Then what's called a fringe. It'll be a slurry with a fringe on top. :D

Ugh, so close, will it work. Here's hoping;
Mud Helps, But BP Needs 2 Days To See If It Works : NPR

Guard Admiral Thad Allen said heavyweight mud that BP has injected under high pressure into the blown-out wellhead was able to push down the oil and gas coming up at great force from underground. But the mud has not overwhelmed the gusher or stopped the flow permanently.

"I think the real challenge today is going to be to sustain the mud on top of the hydrocarbons (oil and gas) and reduce the pressure to the point where they could actually put a cement plug in and I think it will be very critical in the next 12 to 18 hours and everyone is watching it very closely," Allen said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Has ROV gotten lost? it looks as if something is still spewing, hard to tell.

Forum List

Back