Top Investers Start Dumping Stocks, Signal to Exit DOW?

As a "top investor," I too have started dumping stocks.

Having said that, I would pay little attention to "technicians" calling for a 70% decline in the market.

Toro, can you define "dumping"? what percentage did you sell?

Having said that, I would pay little attention to "technicians" calling for a 70% decline in the market.

I thought that 'dumping' meant pretty much selling a large amount at market orders.

What does it mean in your opinion?

I've sold a quarter of my investment positions and am 75% long. I will sell another 15% within the next month or two. I will most likely sell more by April. However, I will trade around the trend. For example, if the market pulls back a few more percent, I will likely buy ETFs to trade with an eye on selling them a few weeks after.

Yeah, 70% sounds a bit extreme to me as well. We see that kind of downturn and I think we will have a lot more problems than mere stock values.

I think we will see something around 10,000 to 11,000 or so, not 5,000 on the DOW.

I don't know what will happen, but a 30%-40% decline isn't unreasonable. Not highly probable but not unreasonable either.

This so called "news article" has been repeated since a year ago. If you scroll down you will see that they are trying to sell a $47 book or newsletter. Someone in the Kitko forum exposed this phony "news article" with several links.

This so called "news article" has been repeated since a year ago. If you scroll down you will see that they are trying to sell a $47 book or newsletter. Someone in the Kitko forum exposed this phony "news article" with several links.

Some analysts have noted some things about the stock markets that should discourage real people from investing and monitoring their own accounts.

The High Frequency Trading programs trade stock in micro-seconds and are given a few hundred microseconds lead on the data by piping the market data through the HFT trading super computers. They also use these programs to push the markets in the direction they want them to go. HFTs now represent about 70% of the trading on the markets.

The Quantitative Easing program, where the Federal Reserve is simply giving money to Wall Street banks by buying worthless securities from those banks at their original prices, that program has been propping up the markets at $85 BILLION PER MONTH, reducing the value of all USD held by each of us. Guess Wall Street is so important that it is OK by Congress if the rest of us see our savings cut by 50% or more in purchasing power.

What happens when QE ends? What happens when all the little trading algos get sell orders all at the same time?

What happens to foreign investors who lose confidence in the USD when OPEC announces that they will accept payment in any currency and not just USD now?

What happens when people realize that this is the most over-bought stock market in decades?

So yes, some people have been expecting the markets to go deep south for a few years now, but the Federal Reserve is taking huge risks of public exposure to their shenanigans if they keep running QE forever.

Sooner or later the mind boggling thefts have to end and the props to the stock market along with them.

And just because there is an add on the same page about buying a damned book for those who want more facts does not negate the Truth about what has been told.

This market is going to make a huge correction at some point, like 30 to 40% is my guess.

And aren't you all glad that Social Security funds are not dependent on the stock market?

Hmmmmmmmm ??

~

And aren't you all glad that Social Security funds are not dependent on the stock market?

Hmmmmmmmm ??

~

And the whim of Congress is any better?

How long do you think Congress will honor all those Treasuries they have given to social security once it goes deep red?

Congress is looking for the first excuse to keel haul social security.

It would have been FAR better off as an actual investment program instead of the fraud it is today, just another item on the general budget in all practical consideration.

The theme for the last few years has been "Don't fight the Fed". Do you really think they are going to yank the carpet out from under the stock market? They're going to do all they can to keep QE Infinity going as Peter Schiff calls it.

The theme for the last few years has been "Don't fight the Fed". Do you really think they are going to yank the carpet out from under the stock market? They're going to do all they can to keep QE Infinity going as Peter Schiff calls it.
Lots of potential exogenous shocks from the EU, Far East and technology. The fed can't do squat about that.

Yawn.....

Stock prices fluctuate. But over time, there is no better place to grow your money than the Stock (and bond) market. Individual investors make the mistake of allowing emotions to intervene- they buy at market tops and sell at bottoms. The only antidote to this is a PLAN.

An Investment policy statement (IPS) is a statement that defines general investment goals and objectives. It describes the strategies that will be used to meet these objectives and contains specific information on subjects such as asset allocation, risk tolerance, and liquidity requirements.

My advice? Create an IPS and stick with it- over the long haul you'll come out way ahead.

:thup:
You nailed it. There are so many of these threads talking about the coming crash, it is hilarious to read through them and imagine how much money it would cost people if they followed through on their claims of going to cash.

Bonus hilarity is all the folks who guaranteed a crash when QE ended, since surely the markets were only at those levels because propped up by Fed monthly purchases. Here we are well over two years since EQ3 and fools are exposed as fools.

Forum List

Back