Top five Rock Albums of all time, IMO

I agree with Back in Black, and Nevermind the Bullocks. As much as I like ZZTopp I can't agree with LaGrange, and there are better albums than let there be rock.

I couldn't choose between all of the phenomenal rock albums there are but I'll add some:

Tommy-The Who
Dark Side of The Moon-Pink Floyd
Pronounced-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rumors-Fleetwood Mac

I'd take the SEX PISTOLS and add something from THE WHO, LED ZEPPELIN, NAKED RAYGUN and GENESIS (Peter Gabriel version).

I agree with Back in Black, and Nevermind the Bullocks. As much as I like ZZTopp I can't agree with LaGrange, and there are better albums than let there be rock.

I couldn't choose between all of the phenomenal rock albums there are but I'll add some:

Tommy-The Who
Rumors-Fleetwood Mac

Yeah, the albums I listed were not necessarily top selling albums but started new trends in music that I greatly appreciate, like that Texas style rock ZZ Top does and Stevie Ray perfected.

Back in Black was a top seller though, and Nervermind and the Let there be rock albums should have sold more, IMO, but they were just a tad ahead of their time, it seems to me.

But I can sit and listen o them all day and often do if I am not listening to George Straight or some other country music.

Tommy-The Who
Rumors-Fleetwood Mac

Yeah, the albums I listed were not necessarily top selling albums but started new trends in music that I greatly appreciate, like that Texas style rock ZZ Top does and Stevie Ray perfected.

Back in Black was a top seller though, and Nervermind and the Let there be rock albums should have sold more, IMO, but they were just a tad ahead of their time, it seems to me.

But I can sit and listen o them all day and often do if I am not listening to George Straight or some other country music.

If we can also take 5 country, something by

George Jones
Johnny Cash (duh)
Porter Waggoner
Loretta Lynn
Patsy Cline

Tommy-The Who
Rumors-Fleetwood Mac

George Jones
Johnny Cash (duh)
Porter Waggoner
Loretta Lynn
Patsy Cline

On country top performers, my five favorite are

George Straight
Alan Jackson
Toby Keith
Johnny Cash
Clint Black

Led Zep IV -- LZ
Made in Japan -- Deep Purple
Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar -- Frank Zappa
Abbey Road
Dark Side of the Moon

If I were stuck on a desert island with those 5 albums, I'd try to swim home

Yah, you'd need a music playing device, so you'd have to go and get it!

:D

Exile On Main Street, Murmer, Surrealistic Pillow, Are You Experienced?, and More Songs About Building and Food round my top seven...today only :D Gotta add in Sgt. Peppers & Who's Next.[/I

Additions: London Calling, Below the Salt (not really rock, but....), Desire.......

Last edited:

Tommy-The Who
Rumors-Fleetwood Mac

I left out Pronounced and Who's Next. There is no top 5, try top 25, or fifty.

George Jones
Johnny Cash (duh)
Porter Waggoner
Loretta Lynn
Patsy Cline

George Straight
Alan Jackson
Toby Keith
Johnny Cash
Clint Black
I'd take Hank Williams, (NOT Jr.), Patsy Cline, Ernest Tubb, and the Carter family, with Cash sitting in. :D

George Jones
Johnny Cash (duh)
Porter Waggoner
Loretta Lynn
Patsy Cline

George Straight
Alan Jackson
Toby Keith
Johnny Cash
Clint Black
I'd take Hank Williams, (NOT Jr.), Patsy Cline, Ernest Tubb, and the Carter family, with Cash sitting in. :D

Yeah, I wanted to include Patsy Cline, and if her amount of art was close to the five I listed I would have bumped Jackson for her.

Forum List

Back