Top doctor's chilling claim: The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year

Did you answer my question ?

The study addresses that.

"The authors give several potential reasons, including regional disparities in health care availability in a country as large as the US, the much higher rate of firearms-related homicides here, and the higher number of un-insureds we have."

That being said, the fact STILL remains:

American life expectancy at birth ranks 30th in the world. We remain 30th for the rest of our lives -- until we reach 65. Then, our rank rises until we reach 14th at 80. We can thank the remarkable access to health care provided by Medicare.

No fact remains until we get clear if they removed those incidents. It appears they only utilize them as an explanation. An article was quoted for Seaditch that stated that if you do account for those things....our life expectency goes to number 1.

Premature death due to a gunshot wound has almost no reflection on our healthcare system.

Link?

@NY Carbineer

Still smarting I see from your last beatdown. Pussy.

If he had got on the Canadian waiting list 2 years ago, he would have had his stupid hip by now

You don't know what you are talking about. Toro and I know our system very well. Check out his post on this matter.

The provincial government can give you the wait time, but it's just an average. You cannot be certain when you will be scheduled for surgery.

It's a hit and a miss leaving a patient waiting for months on end not knowing when they can be operated on.

The wait time is just a "general" that the province throws out there. That's why the man chose to go to the states. That's why many canucks go to the states if they can afford it.

An unsubstantiated claim by one guy, that is denied by the NHS, and all the usual suspects around here automatically assume that it's gospel.

Of course, if you can believe the Earth is 6000 years old, you can pretty much believe anything that makes you feel better.

The Professor is "not just a guy". And this has been an ongoing issue not just"unsubstantiated claims" by some whacko.

In 2009 a huge investigation was launched into the LCP. This isn't a one hit wonder here.

From 2009:

Sentenced to death on the NHS

Patients with terminal illnesses are being made to die prematurely under an NHS scheme to help end their lives, leading doctors have warned.

In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, a group of experts who care for the terminally ill claim that some patients are being wrongly judged as close to death.

Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

But this approach can also mask the signs that their condition is improving, the experts warn.

As a result the scheme is causing a “national crisis” in patient care, the letter states. It has been signed palliative care experts including Professor Peter Millard, Emeritus Professor of Geriatrics, University of London, Dr Peter Hargreaves, a consultant in Palliative Medicine at St Luke’s cancer centre in Guildford, and four others.

“Forecasting death is an inexact science,”they say. Patients are being diagnosed as being close to death “without regard to the fact that the diagnosis could be wrong.

They aren't disgruntled whack jobs. They are professionals with a genuine concern.

Sentenced to death on the NHS - Telegraph

So even is this were true, why are you trying to blame socialized medicine for it? It sounds like the real reasons, if they were true, are from personnel NOT COMPLYING WITH THE NHS RULES.

Does "death panels' ring a bell?

FLUFF personified...

Phantoms-500x387.jpg

Once again a liberal can't read well and so posts something they want to make it about.

I never said "large numbers of Canadians" come to the US for medical care. I stated that: People come from all over the world come here to be treated in the US. We have some of the finest doctors and specialized medicine treatment bar none"

The fact that Canadians don't mind long wait times is not a new piece of information- but for the wealthier Canadians who want specialty care...guess where they come. Mediocre medicine for the poor and middle class has become normalized. HMO's have contributed to that same kind of sub standard care as being acceptable and normal here. Obamacare merely put the government in charge of saying live with it and oh yeah subsidize.

I believe that creating a free market solution is possible. The number of solutions offered by conservatives, such as portability; co-ops; and cafeteria plans, in combination with the following article's idea, would go a long way in making good health care more affordable and accessible.

John C. Goodman: Why Mandated Health Insurance Is Unfair - WSJ.com

Yes, 'some' people come to America for health care. 'Some' people travel to Russia for caviar, BUT, wouldn't it make sense that the highest number would come from a country that is on our entire northern border? It ain't happening because, just like every single argument that comes from right wing parrots, it's BULLSHIT.

MORE Americans go to other countries for health care.

A McKinsey and Co. report from 2008 found that a plurality of an estimated 60,000 to 85,000 medical tourists were traveling to the United States for the purpose of receiving in-patient medical care; the same McKinsey study estimated that 750,000 American medical tourists traveled from the United States to other countries in 2007 (up from 500,000 in 2006) wiki

Nearly 1 million Californians seek medical care in Mexico annually.

Of the approximately 37 million people that live in California about 14 million are Hispanic or Latino. (37.6%) I am surprised that a lot more of them don't go to Mexico for medical care.

[Since were going into the Universal Health care I just wanted all of the people who support it think about this

We can not allow that.

I'm hoping that if the case goes up the federal court system again it will take a year or 2 before it gets to the supreme scumbags.

By then , Benedict Roberts would have had a chance to cash in all his health care stocks and might want to redeem himself.

Can't give up.

Forum List

Back