Top doctor's chilling claim: The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year

Soulless65

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2011
Washington DC
NHS doctors are prematurely ending the lives of thousands of elderly hospital patients because they are difficult to manage or to free up beds, a senior consultant claimed yesterday.
Professor Patrick Pullicino said doctors had turned the use of a controversial ‘death pathway’ into the equivalent of euthanasia of the elderly.
He claimed there was often a lack of clear evidence for initiating the Liverpool Care Pathway, a method of looking after terminally ill patients that is used in hospitals across the country.

Top doctor's chilling claim: The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year | Mail Online

Since were going into the Universal Health care I just wanted all of the people who support it think about this

Yeah I saw that, bye bye old people. Your healthcare just got simpler, take that pain pill.

NHS doctors are prematurely ending the lives of thousands of elderly hospital patients because they are difficult to manage or to free up beds, a senior consultant claimed yesterday.
Professor Patrick Pullicino said doctors had turned the use of a controversial ‘death pathway’ into the equivalent of euthanasia of the elderly.
He claimed there was often a lack of clear evidence for initiating the Liverpool Care Pathway, a method of looking after terminally ill patients that is used in hospitals across the country.
Top doctor's chilling claim: The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year | Mail Online

Since were going into the Universal Health care I just wanted all of the people who support it think about this

mail online, .uk, misspelling a central word in the headline.

well done

But you know it's Republicans that want the Old to just go away and Die.

Fact is Socialized medicine makes you have to prioritize and the old are always the first to see cuts.

Irrelevant. Neither mandated insurance nor single-payer are an NHS.

But you know it's Republicans that want the Old to just go away and Die.

Fact is Socialized medicine makes you have to prioritize and the old are always the first to see cuts.

of course they see cuts, they have all the tumors.

and this is not a problem of socialized medicine.

this is a problem of people getting older.

"death panels" again :eusa_doh: Insurance co's already have them

081309_darkow.jpg

When you have a USPS that can't break even but FedEx and UPS make a profit, a DoD that spends $800 for a toilet seat or a hammer, a TSA that can't make flying safe, an EPA that tells landowners what they can and cannot do with their land, and BAFTE that can't even run a gun sting operation, why on Earth would anybody want them running their health care?

O.K.

One thing I decided a while ago was that I really didn't care about what Europe did and I wasn't going to bash their systems.

Canada too.

They have them...most like them. For different reasons. They still have some form of private care.

In the end, that is their choice.

I am happy for what works for them.

If I wanted them, I would try to move there.

I don't want them.

But that does not make their bad.

It also pisses me off when people use the toilet paper Harvard study (you know 45K a year who die because of no health insurance....but they have yet to produce a name....should be able to produce thousands) to bash our system. The WHO can shove their 37th ranking up Al Franken's ass. We have one of the best...if you use it right...and you don't even have to be wealthy. You just have to be interested. Ours is a top rate system. It need fixed with regards to access...I've said that for twenty years...ACA isn't going to fix that. It is only going to pull down quality.

But, I say let the NHS alone.

I also say, leave it in Britian. I don't want it (or anything like it) here.

Last edited:
NHS sucks so bad it's actually awakened our politicians to take another look at our system.

Brit's system is so far in the toilet there is no dragging it back from the brink. I don't know what they are going to do.

That's more than who get killed by Terrorists! Maybe we should invade the NHS next?

The delusion of the left in the names of "equality"

Does anyone really believe that politicians and their friends/family are going to be "equal" to the people
and get the same treatment

One only needs to look at the Canadian PM who came to the US for medical services or that fact
Papa Obama denies school voucher to poor black kids to go to the same private school as his children, to see that will never happen

The delusion of the left in the names of "equality"

Does anyone really believe that politicians and their friends/family are going to be "equal" to the people
and get the same treatment

One only needs to look at the Canadian PM who came to the US for medical services or that fact
Papa Obama denies school voucher to poor black kids to go to the same private school as his children, to see that will never happen

Oh we Conservatives had a freaking blast mocking Premier Danny Williams for going stateside for surgery. :D

So let the market 'fix' it. The people who can afford it will live longer than the people who can't.

You are normally a very intelligent poster. But I don't understand what you have just put out there.

It was sarcasm. The Right wants the 'market' to solve problems, or wants the 'market' to prevail in economic matters.

In a free market, those who can afford something at the market price will buy it if they need or want it; those who can't go without. In a free market, those who can't afford any aspect of healthcare at the market price,

would go without, no matter how much they needed it.

NHS is beyond disgusting. The horror stories never stop.

Check this one out. Here's part of the story and the link.

Patient dying of thirst rang 999: Inquest hears of mother's fury at nurses who neglected son

Nurses forgot to give Kane Gorny his medication and he became so delirious he called 999
His mother said she spent hours trying to convince staff he needed attention but was told he was alright
Alarm finally raised an hour before his death when a doctor realised how serious his condition was

A young patient who died of dehydration at a leading teaching hospital phoned police from his bed because he was so thirsty, an inquest heard yesterday.

Officers arrived at Kane Gorny's bedside, but were told by nurses that he was in a confused state and were sent away.

The keen footballer and runner, 22, died of dehydration a few hours later.

At one point he became so desperate and upset that staff sedated and restrained him – and on the night before his death, his mother said, he was not checked on by medical staff, despite being in a room on his own.

Following his death, a nurse allegedly inquired whether the family, from Balham, South-West London, was 'finished' and asked a matron in front of them whether she could 'bag him up'.

Mr Gorny, who worked in Waitrose and was training to be a locksmith and shoe repairer, had survived a malignant brain tumour in 2008.

Read more: Patient dying of thirst rang 999: Inquest hears of mother's fury at nurses who neglected son | Mail Online

article-2167643-087AE302000005DC-522_634x455.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back