Top Dem Think Tank Warns Party: You’re Losing Immigration Messaging War to President Donald J Trump

Hush up. Let the dems think that they have 2020 in the bag. Then on election night its weeping and gnashing of teeth again.

Very informative article..wonder if you read it?

A quote:
"But a new report from an influential liberal think tank, provided to The Daily Beast, posits that the party’s decision to cede the “rule of law” ground to Republicans creates “the false dichotomy of America as either a nation of immigrants or a nation of laws”—making the party and its candidates appear soft on enforcement, and potentially weakening future attempts for humanitarian-focused immigration reform.
In doing so, writes Tom Jawetz, vice president of immigration policy at the Center for American Progress, supporters of humane immigration policy “have ceded powerful rhetorical ground to immigration restrictionists, who are happy to masquerade as the sole defenders of America as a nation of laws.”

Jawetz—a former immigration attorney and chief counsel on the Immigration Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee, differentiates “the rule of law” and Trump’s “law and order” rhetoric, calling the latter “an enforcement-heavy vision of social control that is generally used as a racially coded dog whistle.” For Democrats to achieve a fair and functional immigration system, they have to patch the immigration system’s fragmented legal framework, Jawetz writes—instead of “relying increasingly upon administrative discretion to save the system from itself.”

Another quote:

"But even as Trump’s own 620-page immigration reform bill remains functionally hypothetical, he has relied on the administrative discretion built into the immigration system to bypass real reform. That failure to substantially reform the immigration system, the report argues, actually undermines the rule of law—broken systems have cracks, after all, and with numerous immigration-related executive orders and proposed rule changes facing legal challenges in federal court, the president has shown himself willing to exploit them."

In any event, thank you for the post..as I said..quite informative..if not quite in the way you are bent on portraying!

• Banned

A quote:
"But a new report from an influential liberal think tank, provided to The Daily Beast, posits that the party’s decision to cede the “rule of law” ground to Republicans creates “the false dichotomy of America as either a nation of immigrants or a nation of laws”—making the party and its candidates appear soft on enforcement, and potentially weakening future attempts for humanitarian-focused immigration reform.
In doing so, writes Tom Jawetz, vice president of immigration policy at the Center for American Progress, supporters of humane immigration policy “have ceded powerful rhetorical ground to immigration restrictionists, who are happy to masquerade as the sole defenders of America as a nation of laws.”

Jawetz—a former immigration attorney and chief counsel on the Immigration Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee, differentiates “the rule of law” and Trump’s “law and order” rhetoric, calling the latter “an enforcement-heavy vision of social control that is generally used as a racially coded dog whistle.” For Democrats to achieve a fair and functional immigration system, they have to patch the immigration system’s fragmented legal framework, Jawetz writes—instead of “relying increasingly upon administrative discretion to save the system from itself.”

Another quote:

"But even as Trump’s own 620-page immigration reform bill remains functionally hypothetical, he has relied on the administrative discretion built into the immigration system to bypass real reform. That failure to substantially reform the immigration system, the report argues, actually undermines the rule of law—broken systems have cracks, after all, and with numerous immigration-related executive orders and proposed rule changes facing legal challenges in federal court, the president has shown himself willing to exploit them."

In any event, thank you for the post..as I said..quite informative..if not quite in the way you are bent on portraying!
i read everything. i'm an oppo researcher!

I think they already named 52 Antifa terrorists to be superdelegates at the Democratic convention and you're still trying to tell me Democrats believe in the rule of law? Only an ignoramus would believe that. Frankly, Democrats only offer chaos and lawlessness. They want to keep us poor and pissed off.

I think they already named 52 Antifa terrorists to be superdelegates at the Democratic convention and you're still trying to tell me Democrats believe in the rule of law? Only an ignoramus would believe that. Frankly, Democrats only offer chaos and lawlessness. They want to keep us poor and pissed off.
Which is BTW, Exactly the SAME STRATEGY THE PLO uses in Palestine.

Find someone honest in GAZA and ask them if life was better under Israeli management or when THE PLO and HAMAS started running things.

A quote:

Another quote:

i read everything. i'm an oppo researcher!

Interesting that you're also telling Dems to shush up on the racist stuff and go for the economy too. hahahahahaha

They can't. It's religious orthodoxy at this point. Realize your people learned their lessons well and can't be reprogrammed in time.

Forum List

Back