Top Chinese general warns US over attack

-Cp said:
Personally, I feel this is all a bunch of fluff..... China would be committing financial suicide if they ever attacked...everything sold at walmart is made in china.

at the same time, china depends on u.s. sales to keep its economy going

Crazy Stuff...

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28cfe55a-f4a7-11d9-9dd1-00000e2511c8.html

Chinese Generals can kiss my rusty and aging VN vets butt...ya can take that to the bank and cash it...Col Moore rocked.........!

Seriously China should muzzle this half-wit and quickly. The LAST thing China wants is further confrontation with a currently way pissed of America. I'll use french... Fuck the Chinese... Tianamen was not that long ago you commie pissants. You, like your old buds the Sov's, will be on the ash heap of history...

• Thanks
Reactions: -Cp
Sounds to me like China's planned grab of Taiwan is not too far ahead in the future. Already their top military brass is warning us what will happen if we try to stop it. Propitious time for China to make the grab while U.S. is occupied with the WOT on more than just the military front.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28cfe55a-f4a7-11d9-9dd1-00000e2511c8.html
“If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,” said General Zhu Chenghu.

“If the Americans are determined to interfere [then] we will be determined to respond,” said Gen Zhu, who is also a professor at China's National Defence University.

“We . . . will prepare ourselves for the destruction of all of the cities east of Xian. Of course the Americans will have to be prepared that hundreds . . . of cities will be destroyed by the Chinese.”
I'm sure he believes all that.

But...

I doubt the Chinese nuclear strike would be as effective as he believes.

I think our response would be much more devastating than he believes.

I don't think any of it will happen any time soon.

The Chinese aren't stupid. They will bide their time until the D's are back in power, then negotiate for a stronger position.

This guy is just talking to hear himself.

Still, nothing wrong with continuing our research in deploying an effective ABM shield.

Well, I hope you're right, but I have no doubt in my mind that China will try to grab Taiwan in the near future. They have been busy building strong military defenses for this takeover for years, fortifying their defenses against American retribution in what they think will be all the right places. Now they probably think they are ready to take Taiwan, and American is not ready to defend it. The nuclear talk from their top generals is all hype, scare tactics. I do not think China would risk nuclear retaliation from the U.S., but they can wage a powerful conventional war against the U.S. over Taiwan.

When the Chinese are ready to wage their campaign to take Taiwan, I don't think it will matter to them whether the Dems or Reps are in power. They lobbied threats about destroying Los Angeles while Clinton was president, despite the fact he was giving them everything but the kitchen sink!

Zhukov said:
I'm sure he believes all that.

But...

I doubt the Chinese nuclear strike would be as effective as he believes.

I think our response would be much more devastating than he believes.

I don't think any of it will happen any time soon.

The Chinese aren't stupid. They will bide their time until the D's are back in power, then negotiate for a stronger position.

This guy is just talking to hear himself.

Still, nothing wrong with continuing our research in deploying an effective ABM shield.

EXCELLENT POST!!

This is exactly what is happening. They know that if they went in now, there would be hell to pay from the U.S. Economically, politically, militarily. Not to mention the general perception from around the world. You might say that they don't care what the rest of the world thinks, but behind the scenes, they do. They need the economic side of the equation.

And Adam..you are right with them building up their military. That will be used most effectly as a bargaining chip when Bush if out of office.

Forum List

Back