Top al Qaeda strategist may have been killed in Pakistan

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
(Reuters) - Abu Yahya al-Libi, one of al Qaeda's top strategists and seen as the most prominent figure in the network after leader Ayman al Zawahri, may have been killed in a drone strike in northwest Pakistan, Pakistani intelligence officials said on Tuesday.

If his death is confirmed it would be the biggest blow to al Qaeda since U.S. special forces killed Osama bin Laden in a secret raid in Pakistan in May 2011.

U.S. sources said Libi, a Libyan cleric with a degree in chemistry who has survived previous drone attacks, was a target of a strike early on Monday in the North Waziristan tribal region, home to some of the world's most notorious militant groups.

Some U.S. officials describe Libi, whose real name is Mohamed Hassan Qaid, as number two to al Zawahri, the former Egyptian doctor who took over al Qaeda after bin Laden's death.

Pakistani intelligence officials told Reuters they believe Libi (which means Libyan in Arabic) may have been among seven foreign militants killed in Monday's strike.

Top al Qaeda strategist may have been killed in Pakistan | Reuters

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

Even if the death is confirmed? He'll still suck.

Because ... you know ... Obama sucks.

And he can't do anything right.

Wasnt thinking about Obama at all.

I was thinking that it's a shame that anyone would waste their life in Al Qaeda and that our military had to take them out. Life is precious. Even the live of those who would gladly take ours if they had a chance. They are still our brethren even if they act like our enemies.

I hate to see any life wasted.

(Reuters) - Abu Yahya al-Libi, one of al Qaeda's top strategists and seen as the most prominent figure in the network after leader Ayman al Zawahri, may have been killed in a drone strike in northwest Pakistan, Pakistani intelligence officials said on Tuesday.

If his death is confirmed it would be the biggest blow to al Qaeda since U.S. special forces killed Osama bin Laden in a secret raid in Pakistan in May 2011.

U.S. sources said Libi, a Libyan cleric with a degree in chemistry who has survived previous drone attacks, was a target of a strike early on Monday in the North Waziristan tribal region, home to some of the world's most notorious militant groups.

Some U.S. officials describe Libi, whose real name is Mohamed Hassan Qaid, as number two to al Zawahri, the former Egyptian doctor who took over al Qaeda after bin Laden's death.

Pakistani intelligence officials told Reuters they believe Libi (which means Libyan in Arabic) may have been among seven foreign militants killed in Monday's strike.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

Good news if it turns out to be true.

Who says Obama can't do anything right? Certainly not me. Nor do I say he can't do anything wrong.

In this case the Obama administration is continuing the policy of the Bush administration of going aggressively after Al Qaeda. I thought it was a good idea under Bush and I think it is a good idea under Obama. I wonder if all the people who applaud Obama for it now also applaud Bush for it?

I was thinking that it's a shame that anyone would waste their life in Al Qaeda and that our military had to take them out. Life is precious. Even the live of those who would gladly take ours if they had a chance. They are still our brethren even if they act like our enemies.

I never celebrate any person's death. Every person is a human being and therefore a child of God.

That doesn't change the fact that certain people deserve and need to be killed.

Obama-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

So the CIA does their job and that's proof that Obama doesn't suck? Mmm.

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

I wonder if all the people who applaud Obama for it now also applaud Bush for it?

Well......everyone patiently WAITED for Lil' Dumbya to do it....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]The Hunt For Bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]

.....But....much like The DICK; Cheney......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDfYzq_HaQ]Truth about Halliburton and Dick Cheney - YouTube[/ame]

......Lil' Dumbya had "other priorities"......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqX3DRtZtU]60 Minutes: George W. Bush Sought to -Find A Way- to Invade Iraq - YouTube[/ame]​

Yeah. I know.

Obama still sucks.

Good news if it turns out to be true.

Who says Obama can't do anything right? Certainly not me. Nor do I say he can't do anything wrong.

In this case the Obama administration is continuing the policy of the Bush administration of going aggressively after Al Qaeda. I thought it was a good idea under Bush and I think it is a good idea under Obama. I wonder if all the people who applaud Obama for it now also applaud Bush for it?

Bingo. I give credit where its due and Barry deserves credit for keeping the Bush policies concerning Al Qaeda in place.

As Bush said when asked about concerns that Obama would change those polices, "I'm not concerned because the new POTUS will know what I know."

Kudo's to Barry for keeping those polices in place.

In case you need reminding..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmDKhw5rWuE]9/11 Plane Crash (1st and 2nd) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back