Top 5 issues

A

armstrong80

What are the top five specific issues in this election cycle?

My Opinion:

1. War on Terror
2. Rebuild economy and cut the deficit
3. Improving public education
4. Repairing Social Security
5. Improving immigration

notice that I left out the hot issues like gay marraige, abortion, and whose combat boots were shinier when they were in the service

you may have left out abortion and gay marriage. but i wouldnt pretend that they arent very important issues. the people who support the opposing views on both issues may not be super majorities but they are fired up. those are the issues that will be divisive.

1. defeating Al Qaeda and other violent terrorist groups (War On Terror is just too vague of a phrase, just the way politicians like it)

2. protecting and cleaning environment (this includes finding new affordable means of clean, renewable, fuel sources; this is inextricably linked with my number one choice)

3. socializing health care or simply providing insurance to America's poor while still keeping the hospitals private, for-pofit entities, this would benefit everybody

4. improving public education (this one's never gone away)

5. taking care of our elders

1. Winning the War on Terrorism
2. continuing to improve the economy (i.e. through tax cuts/tax code reform)
3. immigration reform
4. gay marriage/constitutional amendment
5. Social Security reform, specifically allowing younger citizens to control the investment of part or all of our SS account.

Public education should not be a federal issue.

Socializing health care would drive up costs like never before and lead to a mass exodus of doctors.

1. Changing the world just enough to make everyone happy, but not freak people out.
2. Keeping borders, but making it easier to spread wealth.
3. Softening the hard-asses, strengthening the softies.
4. Keeping our children innocent.
5. Making life less stressful.

Not meant to offend. Sorry if it does. I'm not American so I can't vote.

Forum List

Back