Top 4 Obamacare Complaints

FACT-CHECKED: Hannity Causing Immediate Harm To Consumers

In a galling display of disregard for the public interest, Sean Hannity has been broadcasting provably false information on radio and TV about the Affordable Care Act. Salon’s “Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare” uncovered how he distorted the stories of three couples to imply that they were worse off under Obamacare’s new rules. In fact, the couples are now able to get more coverage for less money, but Hannity did not retract his report.

By last night, Hannity’s lies were corrected on the Rachel Maddow Show, in the Washington Post, Politico, Huffington Post, CNN (VIDEO), The Ed Show (VIDEO), and many other outlets. Hannity refuses to address any of the coverage calling him out for deceit.

But now Consumer Reports has also chimed in, correcting statements made by Hannity, The Hill and bloggers on Breitbart.com as “not true.” Consumer Reports advised shoppers the best time to enroll in Obamacare was a few weeks off, while expected delays and glitches at HealthCare.gov are ironed out. Hannity took this out-of-context, squealing “Consumer Reports, Ann, they’re telling people, ‘stay away from the website!’” in a segment to Ann Coulter, when just the opposite was true. Consumer Reports has unequivocally endorsed the exchange as the best place to purchase health care.

Hannity’s misinformation forced the nation’s leading consumer reporting experts to release a statement correcting the record so Americans can get accurate advice for purchasing healthcare policies. How is this connected to the Tea Party “scorch everything” campaign we just witnessed? Read on …

FACT-CHECKED: Hannity Causing Immediate Harm To Consumers | MyFDL

I wish I could post the entire article here. Hope you righties will read it.

[MENTION=21173]Rinata[/MENTION] - as always, Salon.com spoon fed you propaganda and you swallowed it whole.

First and foremost, their position that "Hannity lied" is hysterical since their entire article is about the guests on Hannity. Well guess what genius - Sean Hannity cannot control what his guests say. So right here we have a glaring siren going off about left-wing propaganda - falsely blaming the host for the words of the guests.

Second, and more important, Salon here claims they called one man who doesn't even have enough employees to be bound by Obamacare and thus he lied that he cannot hire and must cut back because of Obamacare. It is fall down hysterical that you swallowed this line [MENTION=21173]Rinata[/MENTION]. It doesn't matter how many emlpoyees you have - everyone is hammered by Obamacare (hard) because Obamacare has crushed everyone with devastating new taxes that we cannot afford.

Rinata - sweetie - you're refusal to think for yourself (even on something so basic as this) makes it so easy for propaganda outlets like Salon to make you their slave. So how does that propaganda taste going down? I hear a spoonful of sugar helps! :bang3:

I have never out and out cussed on this site but dealing with you is making it really tough. Do you even realize that all the crap you spout is from your own head?? No rhyme, no reason, nothing substantiated.

Did you even listen to President Obama's speech today in Boston?? I would bet my last dime that you did not. Everything you have accused me of above is what YOU do. You are actually convinced that I don't think for myself, but you do?? Get help.

Why listen He doubles down on every broken promise. Every missed deadline. Every policy failure. Blaming Bush/GOP..
The guy has never stopped campaigning.
He says he is upset about it and he will fix it.
He's the equivalent of an auto tech trying to perform neuro-surgery.
Obama was way out of his element.

In a galling display of disregard for the public interest, Sean Hannity has been broadcasting provably false information on radio and TV about the Affordable Care Act. Salon’s “Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare” uncovered how he distorted the stories of three couples to imply that they were worse off under Obamacare’s new rules. In fact, the couples are now able to get more coverage for less money, but Hannity did not retract his report.

By last night, Hannity’s lies were corrected on the Rachel Maddow Show, in the Washington Post, Politico, Huffington Post, CNN (VIDEO), The Ed Show (VIDEO), and many other outlets. Hannity refuses to address any of the coverage calling him out for deceit.

But now Consumer Reports has also chimed in, correcting statements made by Hannity, The Hill and bloggers on Breitbart.com as “not true.” Consumer Reports advised shoppers the best time to enroll in Obamacare was a few weeks off, while expected delays and glitches at HealthCare.gov are ironed out. Hannity took this out-of-context, squealing “Consumer Reports, Ann, they’re telling people, ‘stay away from the website!’” in a segment to Ann Coulter, when just the opposite was true. Consumer Reports has unequivocally endorsed the exchange as the best place to purchase health care.

Hannity’s misinformation forced the nation’s leading consumer reporting experts to release a statement correcting the record so Americans can get accurate advice for purchasing healthcare policies. How is this connected to the Tea Party “scorch everything” campaign we just witnessed? Read on …

[MENTION=21173]Rinata[/MENTION] - as always, Salon.com spoon fed you propaganda and you swallowed it whole.

First and foremost, their position that "Hannity lied" is hysterical since their entire article is about the guests on Hannity. Well guess what genius - Sean Hannity cannot control what his guests say. So right here we have a glaring siren going off about left-wing propaganda - falsely blaming the host for the words of the guests.

Second, and more important, Salon here claims they called one man who doesn't even have enough employees to be bound by Obamacare and thus he lied that he cannot hire and must cut back because of Obamacare. It is fall down hysterical that you swallowed this line [MENTION=21173]Rinata[/MENTION]. It doesn't matter how many emlpoyees you have - everyone is hammered by Obamacare (hard) because Obamacare has crushed everyone with devastating new taxes that we cannot afford.

Rinata - sweetie - you're refusal to think for yourself (even on something so basic as this) makes it so easy for propaganda outlets like Salon to make you their slave. So how does that propaganda taste going down? I hear a spoonful of sugar helps! :bang3:

I have never out and out cussed on this site but dealing with you is making it really tough. Do you even realize that all the crap you spout is from your own head?? No rhyme, no reason, nothing substantiated.

Did you even listen to President Obama's speech today in Boston?? I would bet my last dime that you did not. Everything you have accused me of above is what YOU do. You are actually convinced that I don't think for myself, but you do?? Get help.

The fact that I tore gaping holes in this radical left-wing article proves I think for myself. The fact that you didn't proves you swallow the propaganda as fast as they can spoon feed it to you. You question nothing if it comes from the left.

You're so angry and frustrated because you cannot dispute anything I had said. You know Im right about Salon and that pisses you off (which is sad really - you should want to have the facts, but for some reason you prefer the party line).

Did I hear the presidents speech today? No - I was busier than normal and didn't even know he was giving one today. What is your point? Considering his long history of outrageous lies, does it really matter what he had to say? That's your entire problem Rinata. All you care about is what Obama tells you. I care about what he does.

(And for the record - I listen to about 75% - 80% of the presidents speeches live. I'm sorry I can't listen to 100% of them - but unlike you, I actually have a job).

131030-sebelius.jpg

Last edited:

King Obama has not uttered a single truth about anything concerning the ACA.
He opens his mouth, he lies.
It does not speak well for you that you give him any credence at all.

The objective evidence undermines the arguments of non-sustainability by Yurt and Meister against Canada and the USA's programs.

The fact remains that American free market systems failed the American people on this issue, and as such the free market system is being incorporated in a statist system.

Tuff that. GOP had twenty years to resolve it and made no effort to do so.

Tis what tis.

Look at you, all Marxist and shit.

The objective evidence undermines the arguments of non-sustainability by Yurt and Meister against Canada and the USA's programs.

The fact remains that American free market systems failed the American people on this issue, and as such the free market system is being incorporated in a statist system.

Tuff that. GOP had twenty years to resolve it and made no effort to do so.

Tis what tis.

Look at you, all Marxist and shit.

Starkey is a mainstream Republican. Duh.

I understand your frustration. When the facts do not look good for your cause, that is.

Another idiot that doesn't listen to what the president is saying. You two are the ones ignoring the facts, not I.

Why listen He doubles down on every broken promise. Every missed deadline. Every policy failure. Blaming Bush/GOP..
The guy has never stopped campaigning.
He says he is upset about it and he will fix it.
He's the equivalent of an auto tech trying to perform neuro-surgery.
Obama was way out of his element.

There you go again. Blah, blah, blah!!! Nothing to say of any substance.

They are still running with all the lies. But they are trying to change the questions and redirect the attention.

Obama has spent three years constantly telling the American people that if they like their current health plan they can keep it. We now know that was a bald faced lie. He said if we like our doctor, we can keep him. We now know that was a bald faced lie. He said this would save the country mega billions every year. We now know that was a bald faced lie.

Did Obama know it was a lie? If so, he is a liar. If he did not, just add it to the ever growing long list of things he was ultimately responsible for that he was completely clueless about, and rate him even further as the most unknowledgable, clueless, even ignorant President we have ever had in the history of this country.

He said that millions who had been uninsured would now be insured. Well that is true, but many more millions who had been happily insured are now already without insurance or facing that certainty in the near future unless they pay thousands more in premiums. Did Obama know that was the case? If so he let us believe a bald faced lie. If he didn't know it, we really need a constitutional amendment that will allow us to remove a President for incompetence.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I knew ObamaCare would not cause health care costs to go down. It was obvious.

But let's not pretend they haven't been rising for decades.

The GOP decided inaction was the best course.

So you were fucked no matter what, folks. Don't be angry at just one of them. Be angry at both.

they had been trying for years but ignored -
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPlan_061709.pdf
Republican Health Care Reform, Past and Future - NYTimes.com

Don't get me wrong. I knew ObamaCare would not cause health care costs to go down. It was obvious.

But let's not pretend they haven't been rising for decades.

The GOP decided inaction was the best course.

So you were fucked no matter what, folks. Don't be angry at just one of them. Be angry at both.

they had been trying for years but ignored -
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPlan_061709.pdf
Republican Health Care Reform, Past and Future - NYTimes.com

This is the latest (just last month) in numerous Republican Study Committee conclusions. It is not a total package but provides some good ideas on reforming healthcare in a constitutionally practical way and is a good start or at least a basis for debate on others that may need some rethinking. It allows room for the free market to function.

But such studies are invariably shrugged off by Democrats and are ignored by a leftist sympathetic press.

And leaves the ignoramuses on message boards chirping like parents: The Republicans have no ideas and offer nothing but 'no'.

•Repeal of Obamacare. It is far easier to wipe the slate clean by repealing the Affordable Care Act in its entirety than by trying to reform it in a piecemeal fashion.

•Provide Americans with more equitable tax relief. Today’s tax code disproportionately benefits those who have coverage through work. The above-the-line standard deduction included in the bill is not the traditional tax credit design, but it effectively functions in a similar fashion. Either approach is better suited to helping more people obtain coverage than the current patchwork system of tax breaks or a below-the-line deduction. Furthermore, it would have the same, important end result of allowing more widespread personal ownership and portability of health insurance.

•Improve the structure of health savings accounts (HSAs). HSAs offer consumers the ability to be protected from catastrophic costs while encouraging them to be prudent purchasers of medical care and also enabling them to save for future health care needs. The enhancements to HSAs included in the bill would give consumers additional flexibility to save more and use their savings to pay for their premiums.

•Offer protections to individuals maintaining continuous coverage. Individuals with group coverage are able to change coverage without facing new coverage limitations. However, that is not the case for those individuals who buy coverage on their own. Extending the group protections of these individuals would enable them to have greater portability.

•Remove barriers to interstate purchase of health insurance. The lack of competition and costly regulations and benefits at the state level can make health insurance unaffordable. The bill includes provisions enabling interstate purchase of health insurance that would give individuals more insurance options by allowing them to obtain coverage from insurers operating in other states.

•Protect the right of conscience and life of the unborn. The bill would also ensure that current federal and state conscience rights protections continue to apply to participants in the system, including patients, providers, employers, and insurers. In cases where decisions affecting medical treatment or insurance coverage involve ethical or moral considerations, individuals would be free to exercise their First Amendment rights without needing to seek protection or redress in federal court. The bill would also apply to health care reform current prohibitions on federal funding of abortion.

Further Improvements
•Expand association health plans beyond small businesses. The proposal limits association membership to small businesses. However, individual membership associations, religious groups, and fraternal organizations should also be able to sell health insurance policies through these new group purchasing arrangements. Allowing these other groups and associations to offer coverage would give individuals more—and probably more lasting—coverage options.

•Limit federal funding for high-risk pools. State high-risk pools and other risk-adjustment mechanisms can be successful tools for equitably spreading the costs of those with expensive pre-existing conditions. However, properly structured state high-risk pools or other risk-adjustment mechanisms should not burden taxpayers. The danger is that regular public funding (federal or state) of pool losses can have the undesirable effect of encouraging insurers to shift more of their costs onto taxpayers.

•Scale back the federal role in medical liability reform. The proposal correctly highlights the damage due to medical liability laws, but it oversteps the federal role. It would be more prudent to limit the scope of liability reforms to instances where the federal government has a clear, constitutionally based federal interest such as in federally funded programs like Medicare.

•Add Medicare and Medicaid reforms. The proposal does not address the growing crisis in health care entitlements, specifically Medicare and Medicaid. If there is any place that needs a strong dose of reform, it is in these government health programs. Reforms to Medicare and Medicaid would lessen government’s control over the poor and seniors and give enrollees the same advantages as the rest of Americans
RSC Health Care Reform: Another Step in the Right Direction | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Forum List

Back