Top 3 professions that produce psycopaths

So what comes first, the chicken or the egg? :dunno:

Why are the ciminally insane either being produced in these professions or gravitate to these professions?

Perhaps it is a combination of both. For example, those in law are hired to defend their client, even if they know he or she is guilty. They would then be practiced at lying to a certain degree.

Also, those in the media are payed to sell stories, so if that means making up a lie, like the tape that was altered to implicate Zimmerman as a racist, then that is what you do.

In terms of CEO's, you are continually trying to give the illusion that a stock is of higher value than it really is and sell your product even if you know it is bad for people, as in the smoking industry.

Sick, sick, little people are they.

Why are the ciminally insane either being produced in these professions or gravitate to these professions?

"Criminally insane" is not the same thing as psychopath.

Perhaps it is a combination of both. For example, those in law are hired to defend their client, even if they know he or she is guilty. They would then be practiced at lying to a certain degree.

That's not what defense attorneys do in general. Their job is to make sure the facts are true and would support the conviction and in so doing give their clients the fair representation they deserve. This leads to fewer false convictions, which is essential to basic liberty in society.

In terms of CEO's, you are continually trying to give the illusion that a stock is of higher value than it really is and sell your product even if you know it is bad for people, as in the smoking industry.

So you are taking one extremely specific example, "the smoking industry," (which is not an industry) and projecting it over all other corporate leaders in the world.

It also wasn't demonstrated that these professions "produce" psychopaths.

Last edited:
The Jobs With The Most Psychopaths - Careers Articles

Here are a list of the jobs that produce the most psycopaths.

1. CEO's

That's not a "profession."

2. Lawyers (i.e. lawmakers)

Not the same thing.

3. Media.

Also not a profession. It's an entire, extremely broad industry.

So being a CEO and in the media is not a profession? I thought whatever makes you money is your profession. What am I missing here?

I think that being a CEO or a member of the media requires you to lie. After all, a CEO is trying to sell their company, whether to stock holders, the public, or those in government. It is akin to lawyers who are hired to defend their clients best interets, even if you know that client is as guilty as sin.

As for those in the media, they try to sell their stories to the public. In order to do it, you must spice it up a bit, like the Zimmerman story when NBC used one of the audio tapes and altered it to make it appear as though Zimmerman was a racist.

Last edited:
well, i suppose that doesn't speak highly of me. Good thing i don't pay attention to nonsense:)

BTW I find it hard to believe that psycologist wasnt on the top of that list.

they dont create the sociopaths they attract sociopaths.

Its not nonsense because you dont like the findings of this study

Highest Rates of Psychopathy:

1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media (Television/Radio)
4. Salesperson
5. Surgeon
6. Journalist
7. Police Officer
8. Clergy person
9. Chef
10. Civil Servant

Lowest Rates of Psychopathy:

1. Care Aide
2. Nurse
3. Therapist
4. Craftsperson
5. Beautician/Stylist
6. Charity Worker
7. Teacher
8. Creative Artist
9. Doctor
10. Accountant

sociopaths are amoung us.

They occur at about the rate of 4 per 100 people.

3 will be men and 1 will be a woman.

They dont feel compassion for their fellow man without the proper teaching and upbringing.

They are NOT automatically evil or criminal.

So being a CEO and in the media is not a profession? I thought whatever makes you money is your profession. What am I missing here?

Some schmo publishes in AOL an you take it as gospel truth.

The article makes no sense and seems to lack a basic understanding of psychology definitions.

Some schmo publishes in AOL an you take it as gospel truth.

The article makes no sense and seems to lack a basic understanding of psychology definitions.

Yeah, right. You seem to miss the fact that TM seems to understand what's...oh, never mind.

All we have to know is this.

$crazy man in straight jacket.jpg

One size really does fit all.

Hey! Law enforcement does not create psychopaths. It attracts existing ones. Same goes for parts of the medical profession such as mental health. Let's get it right.

Last edited:
Hey! Law enforcement does not create psychopaths. It attracts existing ones. Same goes for parts ofthe medical profession such as mental health. Let's get it right.

Actually the article singled out Surgeons as being mentally unstable and saying basically that the rest of the medical establishment was on the other end of the spectrum, that is, being capable of empathy.

I've seen evidence for this myself. If you think about it, this makes sense. After all, surgeons just show up to cut with the patient unresponsive. Mix in a high stress job with insane hours worked and occassionally botching a surgery and having to spain yourself to the family and a lawyer and what you wind up with is a crazy person.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back