Top 20 Superhero Movies

(1) Batman Dark Knight (The Joker stole the show)
(2) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice unlike his replacement)
(3) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie)
(4) Spiderman 2 (Dr. Oct and Spiderman, great)
(5) Avengers
(6) Xmen 2 (beat the original in my mind)
(7) Spiderman (Great, just not as good as the sequel)
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome)
(11) Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated)
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(13) Captain America (It was a ton better than I expected)
(14) Ironman 2 (I am leaving off 3, since I thought it wasn't any good)
(15) Incrediables (Great Pixar movie)
(16) Unbreakable (Very unrated movie. I still enjoy it.)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(19) Crow (Very dark and something cool about it)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);

Sorry not the biggest fan of your list.
I can agree maybe on dark knight so.
1. Dark knight
2. Winter soldier, freaking awesome movie. On top of great action scenes (the elevator scene might be the best ever), the classic archetypes woven together, as well as the reflection of our society today (based with a little bit of reality) was just beautiful. Capt. America representing a principle based values, vs Nick Furry representing interest based values with good intentions, and hydra representing interested based values taken to its darkest conclusion, a relic of a dark passed that has latched on and grown in power by leeching off of the Nick Furry interest based values with good intentions. Winter soldier definitely belongs in top 2 IMHO.
3) Itd probably have to be avengers (just a fun well made movie)
4)Logan
5)Iron Man (set this whole new age of SH movies off)
6)Batman begins
7)Guardians of the galaxy (so much fun)
8)Doctor Strange
9) Man of Steel
10) Civil war (it has grown on me, but this can be interchanged with other SH movies, don’t feel too strongly about it)

Ack, no. Take Doctor Strange off of that list. What a strangely unoriginal movie. So much possibility when introducing magic to the MCU, and they seemingly just wanted to make another cookie-cutter superhero movie.

Winter Soldier is definitely a good movie, but I can never get past the idea that a few hovercarriers with essentially large Gatling guns can target millions of people around the world. That was just extremely lazy writing. I have no problem with that in the top 10, but 2 is too high.

Logan was good, but not great. The movie was actually a bit disappointing after the amazing trailers.

I'd put GotG ahead of most of the movies on this list. I would probably keep DK at 1, then put the GotG, Civil War, and Avengers in the next three spots, and I'm not sure in what order.

Doctor Strange and Man of Steel would not make the top 10. Nor would Batman Begins, which did not have an impressive second half.

Like GHook, I might put X-Men 2 on the list. And I would put The Crow in the top 5 if it counts for the list. Despite its age, I can still watch and love that movie. I can't say what it is about the movie that made it work, as every other Crow movie was garbage, but it is one of my favorite movies of all time.

You guys are leaving off Deadpool.

Deadpool is in my top 5

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I still have an incredible comic book collection from the 1970s, and 1960s. You know those long cardboard comic boxes that you see in comic stores? I have 8 or 10 of them, fully packed. All in plastic, with backing boards. At least 80% of them are in mint or near mint condition. Some of my prized ones are

Hulk #181 - the very first Wolverine appearance, which I've seen sell on eBay for $5,000.

Hawkman #1

Captain America #100 (which is #1 of the re-boot from the 1960s)

Champions #1-20-something

Howard the Duck #1- 20 or 30 something

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #1- the 100+

I have a whole bunch of runs starting with issue #1:

Man-Thing
OMAC (One Man Army Corp - Jack Kirby)
SpiderWoman
Ms. Marvel

I'm drawing a blank on others, but there are a lot! And a lot of them didn't last long, but I have them.

I had the Spider-Man that featured the first appearance of Punisher but I sold it.

I have X-Men from about #80 through the end of the 1970s. #150 or higher. I forget. I sold Giant-Size X-Men #1, which was worth some money. I also have some very early X-Men, like #10 or so. Same with early Daredevil.

I have VERY long runs of:

Daredevil
Spider-Man
Hulk
Avengers
Defenders
Superman
Batman
Flash
Action Comics (Superman)
Detective Comics (Batman)
Green Lantern
Iron Man
X-Men
Justice League
Thor

It's quite a collection. I'm sure I'm forgetting some key comics.

I have some odd collectables, too. The Alice Cooper and Kiss appearances - I forget which comics. I have the large format Superman vs. Spider-Man crossover. I have a collection of about 20 really old Classics Illustrated, like Hunchback of Notre Dame, that my father had as a kid, but they're not in the best of shape.

I would love to sell them all. They are probably worth at least $20,000.

So many of those older comics are just terrible. :p I suppose I can understand young children enjoying them, but I'm glad comics grew to include adult readers.

Yet the older comics are worth money. Comics of the 90s are worth nothing. Just ask a early buyer if image!

Collectible value often has nothing to do with quality of the product. :p

Of course, I did not like most of the 90s Image stuff.

Just talked to CGC for 30 minutes. Going to become a member right before I drive down to Sarasota early in 2018.

I mentioned my concerns with shipping them and she acknowledged the risk, but said there are rarely issues. Not good enough for me. She mentioned that I could submit for free at a Comic Con, but all they do is mail them back to Sarasota, so the same risk is there.

15 comic minimum submission.

Just remember I get a 5% finders fee!

:deal:

I still have an incredible comic book collection from the 1970s, and 1960s. You know those long cardboard comic boxes that you see in comic stores? I have 8 or 10 of them, fully packed. All in plastic, with backing boards. At least 80% of them are in mint or near mint condition. Some of my prized ones are

Hulk #181 - the very first Wolverine appearance, which I've seen sell on eBay for $5,000.

Hawkman #1

Man-Thing
SpiderWoman
Ms. Marvel

I'm drawing a blank on others, but there are a lot! And a lot of them didn't last long, but I have them.

I had the Spider-Man that featured the first appearance of Punisher but I sold it.

I have X-Men from about #80 through the end of the 1970s. #150 or higher. I forget. I sold Giant-Size X-Men #1, which was worth some money. I also have some very early X-Men, like #10 or so. Same with early Daredevil.

Daredevil
Spider-Man
Hulk
Avengers
Defenders
Superman
Batman
Flash
Action Comics (Superman)
Green Lantern
Iron Man
X-Men
Justice League
Thor

I have some odd collectables, too. The Alice Cooper and Kiss appearances - I forget which comics. I have the large format Superman vs. Spider-Man crossover. I have a collection of about 20 really old Classics Illustrated, like Hunchback of Notre Dame, that my father had as a kid, but they're not in the best of shape.

So many of those older comics are just terrible. :p I suppose I can understand young children enjoying them, but I'm glad comics grew to include adult readers.

Yet the older comics are worth money. Comics of the 90s are worth nothing. Just ask a early buyer if image!

Not always true. The first appearance of Harley Quinn from the 90's is worth a shit ton of money.

Hawkman #1

Man-Thing
SpiderWoman
Ms. Marvel

Daredevil
Spider-Man
Hulk
Avengers
Defenders
Superman
Batman
Flash
Action Comics (Superman)
Green Lantern
Iron Man
X-Men
Justice League
Thor

Not always true. The first appearance of Harley Quinn from the 90's is worth a shit ton of money.

Well, I believe the first appearance of Harley Quinn was in the Batman cartoon in the 90s. :eusa_whistle:

Hawkman #1

Man-Thing
SpiderWoman
Ms. Marvel

Daredevil
Spider-Man
Hulk
Avengers
Defenders
Superman
Batman
Flash
Action Comics (Superman)
Green Lantern
Iron Man
X-Men
Justice League
Thor

Well, I believe the first appearance of Harley Quinn was in the Batman cartoon in the 90s. :eusa_whistle:

Her first comic appearance was in Batman Adventures #12.

MwAzADEANQA3AA==.jpg

Condition Raw Value Graded Value
10.0 (GEM MINT) $1,714 $5,142
9.9 (MINT) $1,286 $3,215
9.8 (NEAR MINT/MINT) $857 $1,714
9.6 (NEAR MINT+) $686 $1,372
9.4 (NEAR MINT) $600 $1,200
9.2 (NEAR MINT-) $557 $1,114
9.0 (VERY FINE/NEAR MINT) $514 $771

In my personal collection I have a couple new ones myself worth a few bucks other than my first appearance of Cable. I've got a X-men 221 first appearance of Mr. Sinister, X-men 266 first appearance of Gambit, and an Omega Men 3 first appearance of Lobo... and X-Factor #6 first appearance of Apocalypse, and X-Factor #24 first appearance of Arch Angel. Another I have that I'm not sure of the value, is an Infinity Gauntlet #1 signed by George Perez,

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);
I don't even think I know 20 children's movies and I raised 2 kids.
And putting the Dark Knight above Jack Nicholsons joker? Go fuck yourself

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

Heath Ledger's Joker is the greatest performance in a comic book movie ever. Far superior to Nicholson's Joker.

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

Superhero movies are no longer considered children's movies.

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

Were they ever really? Even the Donner Superman movies, while cheesy, seemed to be marketed toward adults at least as much as children.

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

Were they ever really? Even the Donner Superman movies, while cheesy, seemed to be marketed toward adults at least as much as children.

Only ones REALLY made towards children were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... imo.

Forum List

Back