Top 10 Flicks

As soon as I post, I'll probably kick myself because I'll have thought of ten more. Oh well--in no particular order:

Double Indemnity

Rear Window

Godfather 1&2

The Outlaw Josey Wales

The New Centurions

S.O.B.

Key Largo

Office Space

Better Off Dead

Rio Bravo

Originally posted by Dan
Good one! I found my soundtrack for that the other day and popped it in, that is feel-good music at its finest. I still need to get that DVD.

Pink is the new orange!!!!

Jerkin'! :D :laugh:

Originally posted by Moi
I thought the title of this thread was "Top 10 Flicks" not "Bash everyone else's top 10".

I find you pathetic.

What the hell?

Are you not reading this? Dan and I were discussing the merrits, or lack of, of Chasing Amy. (Shrug)

I find you arrogant and thick-headed. So what?

Originally posted by dmp
What the hell?

Are you not reading this? Dan and I were discussing the merrits, or lack of, of Chasing Amy. (Shrug)

It's not a discussion when you demean other people's choices for no better reason than to feel superior.

The fact that you find me arrogant is laughable. I'm not the one who, post after post, decides to belittle others. You may think you are funny and clever- those with a brain just find you tiresome.

Originally posted by Moi
It's not a discussion when you demean other people's choices for no better reason than to feel superior.

The fact that you find me arrogant is laughable. I'm not the one who, post after post, decides to belittle others. You may think you are funny and clever- those with a brain just find you tiresome.

okay - now you are being retarded.

Darin: I don't know how anyone can like "Movie X"
Anyone: I liked it cuz it was well written - I see by one movie on YOUR list that you aren't smart enough to know a good movie
Darin: I didn't find it well written - I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Moi: How DARE you belittle ppl, darin! OMG! You are SO pathetic for belittling others!! People who are SMART find you tiresome (For Belittling others)

Pot. Kettle. Black. Except I didn't Belittle anyone.

Fuck off :)

Originally posted by dmp
What the hell?

That would be up on my list as well. I think we need to set one other ground rule. In my book trilogies are one movie.

So, in no order except for the first one.

1)Pool Hall Junkies(it's just to cool, excellent cast)

2) the jersey trilogy (clerk, mallrats, chasing amy) (i know it's not technically a trilogy, but in certain "cool" circles it's thought of as trilogy.

3)SW trilogy

4)Big Lebowski

5)Caddyshack(i can't believe this hasn't made a list yet)

6)matrix trilogy

7)Episode II

8)Epsiose I

9) Reservoir Dogs

10) Kill Bill 1&2

more like favs then best films and i'll think of more i'm sure

Duh, LOTR trilogy too

Bern, that's a cool list, outside of a couple (Episode II and Matrix 2 and 3 didn't do it for me).

I don't know that I'd consider the Jersey trilogy an official "trilogy" per se. All three movies are very different in tone, and I think it would be a little jarring to watch them all in one consecutive sitting. Don't get me wrong, they're all awesome movies, some of my favorites.

Caddyshack
Godfather I + II
Goodfellas
Debbie Does Dallas
Behind the Green Door
ET
Star Wars(At least the original and Empire, gotta see 'em all though)
Pulp Fiction
Chinatown
The Adventures of Robinhood
Blue Velvet
Bambi

oops, that's 12 :(
No way I can list only 10

Not In Order

Total recall
starship troopers
The sixth sense
UHF
Somewhere in time
Time After Time
Rosemary's Baby
The exorcist
Animal House
Breakin 2: Electric Bugaloo-- not
Fame
Paper chase
12 monkeys
se7en
A room with a view
Godfather 1 and 2
Goodfellas
Miller's Crossing
Glengarry Glenross

Originally posted by Dan
I don't know that I'd consider the Jersey trilogy an official "trilogy" per se. All three movies are very different in tone, and I think it would be a little jarring to watch them all in one consecutive sitting. Don't get me wrong, they're all awesome movies, some of my favorites.

True, but there is a chronological order to them. Especially b/t Clerks and chasing amy.

True, but there is a chronological order to them. Especially b/t Clerks and chasing amy.

True, I think the Chasing Amy DVD actually comes with a timeline for all the movies. It also says when and where all the main characters graduated high school. If I'm not mistaken, Mallrats takes place the day after Clerks (brandi has to do the TV show to replace Julie Dwyer, whose viewing Dante and Randal went to), and I believe Chasing Amy took place like 3 years after Mallrats.

Hard to pick just 10 but here goes. These are in no particular order. Just 10 of my favorite movies.

1. Star Wars (whole original Trilogy)
2. Matrix (just 1)
3. Predator (just 1)
4. Terminator (whole trilogy)
5. Snatch
6. Animal House
7. Scarface
8. Die Hard Trilogy
9. Resident Evil (i love the video games and the movie was good can't wait for the sequal)
10. Saving Private Ryan

Theres more but i cant think of them now.

These are not in any particular order..:clap: :clap:
Requiem for a Dream
Best in Show
A Mighty Wind
Cinema Paradiso
Kill Bill both Volumes
Jackie Brown
Virgin Suicides
LOTR (All three)
Go
Goodfellas
Moulin Rouge