Top 10 Conservatives

Trump - as much as I'm enjoying watching Trump drive the establishment and press insane he hasn't closed the deal with me for my vote. For all Trump brings to the table I'm not sure he's prepared for just how corrupt and incompetent Washington is. Trump needs smart, competent people to be successful as a chief executive but he will have to rely on corrupt incompetent bozos in Washington to get anything done.

I have a bit of a different take on Trump. This man has spent most of his life dealing with corrupt politicians and real estate people in NY. He's a Big Boy, he knows how to handle crooked people. And you don't think he would surround himself with the very BEST people, regardless of politics? It's kind of what he is best known for, isn't it? I think these attributes are unique for Trump, not a weakness. He would literally put together an all-star administration who wouldn't be obliged to any special interest or tied to any donor money... all 100% committed to Trump.

- he doesn't really have a weak area the man is brilliant. His education and employment history is stellar. Resume wise he blows everyone else out of the water on both sides of the isle. But he needs to stop trying to tell personal stories because he really sucks at it. Stick to the issues or get some coaching on story telling.

He's my guy til the end. I've said that since he filibustered over Obamacare. I actually don't mind his stories but I wish his sense of humor would come out more.. he is really a funny guy when he wants to be. I know this is a serious campaign with serious matters being debated, but I think he should maybe relax more and show his casual side. But no real complaints, I hope he is the nominee and if not, I hope he is the VP pick because he would be excellent there as well.

- he would make a great president except that the establishment is able to slap him silly and he just stands there and takes the beating. Cruz and Trump give as good as they get and frequently mop the floor with their opponents, Paul just doesn't. He would be a great pic for VP and maybe with 4-8 years VP experience he would be ready for the big chair.

I'll just be honest here... Paul scares me a little. Maybe it's the Paul DNA.... He just seems to say things that make me cringe sometimes. I agree with him 90% of the time but 10% of the time I wonder if he's off his rocker. Still.. I might would vote for him if it came down to him versus Hillary... but it's not going to happen. He'll never get close to the nomination.

Trump - as much as I'm enjoying watching Trump drive the establishment and press insane he hasn't closed the deal with me for my vote. For all Trump brings to the table I'm not sure he's prepared for just how corrupt and incompetent Washington is. Trump needs smart, competent people to be successful as a chief executive but he will have to rely on corrupt incompetent bozos in Washington to get anything done.

I have a bit of a different take on Trump. This man has spent most of his life dealing with corrupt politicians and real estate people in NY. He's a Big Boy, he knows how to handle crooked people. And you don't think he would surround himself with the very BEST people, regardless of politics? It's kind of what he is best known for, isn't it? I think these attributes are unique for Trump, not a weakness. He would literally put together an all-star administration who wouldn't be obliged to any special interest or tied to any donor money... all 100% committed to Trump.

- he doesn't really have a weak area the man is brilliant. His education and employment history is stellar. Resume wise he blows everyone else out of the water on both sides of the isle. But he needs to stop trying to tell personal stories because he really sucks at it. Stick to the issues or get some coaching on story telling.

He's my guy til the end. I've said that since he filibustered over Obamacare. I actually don't mind his stories but I wish his sense of humor would come out more.. he is really a funny guy when he wants to be. I know this is a serious campaign with serious matters being debated, but I think he should maybe relax more and show his casual side. But no real complaints, I hope he is the nominee and if not, I hope he is the VP pick because he would be excellent there as well.

- he would make a great president except that the establishment is able to slap him silly and he just stands there and takes the beating. Cruz and Trump give as good as they get and frequently mop the floor with their opponents, Paul just doesn't. He would be a great pic for VP and maybe with 4-8 years VP experience he would be ready for the big chair.

I'll just be honest here... Paul scares me a little. Maybe it's the Paul DNA.... He just seems to say things that make me cringe sometimes. I agree with him 90% of the time but 10% of the time I wonder if he's off his rocker. Still.. I might would vote for him if it came down to him versus Hillary... but it's not going to happen. He'll never get close to the nomination.

Trump will have no control over the corrupt incompetents in congress, who are owned by donors and lobbyists. If he could fire them okay, but he'll be stuck with them. Agree Paul's 10% is in crazy territory. OMG dude if it comes down to Paul or Hillary that's a no brainer.

Reagan conservatism????? What the hell is that?????
I certainly hope the conservatives of today are more conservative than he was.

Trump will have no control over the corrupt incompetents in congress, who are owned by donors and lobbyists. If he could fire them okay, but he'll be stuck with them. Agree Paul's 10% is in crazy territory. OMG dude if it comes down to Paul or Hillary that's a no brainer.

Okay... BUT... Look... Who WILL have control over the corrupt incompetents in Congress? That's kind of a red herring or straw man.... I get those mixed up sometimes. The point being, whomever is elected will have to deal with Congress, there is no "magical candidate" who is above that. I believe Trump is a master at negotiation and would probably be best suited for that role, considering he comes in with absolutely NO ties to party loyalty or special interests.

We already know the Republicans are whipped puppies who are going to follow whatever the president wants because that's all they've been doing the past several years. Once Trump is in power, he will whip the McConnells and Ryans in shape fairly quickly. They will be marching to his flute. I also think he knows ways to "persuade" political whore democrats because he understands what makes them tick. I think you would find a Trump administration getting all kinds of cooperation you never expected.

Okay... BUT... Look... Who WILL have control over the corrupt incompetents in Congress? That's kind of a red herring or straw man.... I get those mixed up sometimes. The point being, whomever is elected will have to deal with Congress, there is no "magical candidate" who is above that. I believe Trump is a master at negotiation and would probably be best suited for that role, considering he comes in with absolutely NO ties to party loyalty or special interests.

We already know the Republicans are whipped puppies who are going to follow whatever the president wants because that's all they've been doing the past several years. Once Trump is in power, he will whip the McConnells and Ryans in shape fairly quickly. They will be marching to his flute. I also think he knows ways to "persuade" political whore democrats because he understands what makes them tick. I think you would find a Trump administration getting all kinds of cooperation you never expected.

You know how it is with any system, the better you know the system the better you can work the system. This gives Cruz the edge over Trump in that Cruz has more knowledge of this system, the players, the corruption. His knowledge of the law and constitution are also something Trump lacks in comparison. The media is already painting the narrative on why and how Trump won't be able to do the things he's promising to do. Like Reagan they will paint Trump as ignorant, good luck with that on Cruz. Anyway that's how I see it, Cruz will likely be more successful accomplishing his goals vs Trump. Now if Trump can go to the bully pulpit and rally the people to his side then the clowns in congress will fold up like a cheap lawn chair so its not cast in stone.

Trump if I had to pick an advantage for him it would be that he's fully capable of getting right down into the gutter with the establishment and slugging it out on their level. He refuses to apologize, tells them to shove their PC up their ass, yet it doesn't seem to damage him which is baffling the shit out of the establishment and media. More than Cruz Trump is probably the guy who has the best chance of pressing the reset button on whole corrupt mess of presidential elections. He's already forced both establishment crime families way off script.

I guess I could go either way at this point.

You know how it is with any system, the better you know the system the better you can work the system. This gives Cruz the edge over Trump in that Cruz has more knowledge of this system, the players, the corruption. His knowledge of the law and constitution are also something Trump lacks in comparison. The media is already painting the narrative on why and how Trump won't be able to do the things he's promising to do. Like Reagan they will paint Trump as ignorant, good luck with that on Cruz. Anyway that's how I see it, Cruz will likely be more successful accomplishing his goals vs Trump. Now if Trump can go to the bully pulpit and rally the people to his side then the clowns in congress will fold up like a cheap lawn chair so its not cast in stone.

Trump if I had to pick an advantage for him it would be that he's fully capable of getting right down into the gutter with the establishment and slugging it out on their level. He refuses to apologize, tells them to shove their PC up their ass, yet it doesn't seem to damage him which is baffling the shit out of the establishment and media. More than Cruz Trump is probably the guy who has the best chance of pressing the reset button on whole corrupt mess of presidential elections. He's already forced both establishment crime families way off script.

I guess I could go either way at this point.

Well as I have said, Cruz is my man! I am voting for him and not Trump. I hope he wins and Trump doesn't. I think he would be a more conservative president than Trump. I'm simply pointing out some aspects of Trump that I think are valid and worth consideration. I think Cruz would have more difficultly rallying Democrats around his agenda. Simply because he is perceived as a "crazy right-winger" where Trump is more of a neutral entity to them. He hasn't been the same pain in the ass to them all these years as Cruz and he would probably be more flexible in terms of negotiating his policies... perhaps that isn't a good thing for Conservatives but I think it's worth consideration in terms of his governing ability. Especially if he picked Cruz as his VP candidate which is very highly likely according to him.

Like I said, I can go with any of the candidates who scored above 90% in my evaluations. Below that, I would have to think about it... I probably would still vote for any of the Top 10 over Hillary but I'd be holding my nose for that bottom tier.

Forum List

Back