Top 1 percent of Americans possess more wealth than the entire bottom 90 percent

100-1=99, not 90.

That's because the top 1% don't own more than the entire 99% of the rest of the country. Only the bottom 90%. 9%, obviously, were left out.

This is what is wrong with Republicans. For one, they don't know how to read. Second, what ever it is they do read, they imagine it to be something else.

It becomes more obvious everyday. It's amazing how they can stick both feet into their mouths at the same time.

who is THEY?......

100-1=99, not 90.

That's because the top 1% don't own more than the entire 99% of the rest of the country. Only the bottom 90%. 9%, obviously, were left out.

This is what is wrong with Republicans. For one, they don't know how to read. Second, what ever it is they do read, they imagine it to be something else.

What conclusion do you draw from this deaniebaby? That the government's not working hard enough on redistributing it? Why are you so envious of what other people have instead of thanking the lord and our forefathers for giving us a system where you can make anything you want of yourself?

100-1=99, not 90.

Honestly, that is incredible; you actually can do basic math. Unfortunately, your reading comprehension is atrocious. The OP never stated that 100-1 = 90. The statement was that the top 1 percent earned more than the bottom 90 percent. The two have nothing to do with each other. It wasn't a math problem.

Actually no -- YOUR reading comprehension aint super either.. It wasn't about EARNINGS, it was about WEALTH.. Sheeezzz..

People decry that the successful are expected to pay more to keep society going than the unsucessful.

It's UNFAIR, they whine.

Meanwhile, they believe, it is perfectly fair for those victims of taxation to unfairly exploit people in business and in life.

Its actually funny to see them these tools protesting about how unfairly put upon the wealthiest people in the world are.

Not really.
No one is "decrying" that the wealthy pay more to keep society running.
It's a simple fact that they do.

I'm just curious how much *more* is *enough* before you stop reaching in their pockets.
:eusa_eh:

The top 1% is supporting how much of the bottom 90%?

Well the problem with that as the left see it I'm sure is that they still have money and wealth.
It doesn't matter that they are picking up the tab already for those that don't pay anything they still have too much.And Obama has stated how much is enough? This President doesn't like people have too much according to his beliefs. :eusa_hand:

I'm just curious how much *more* is *enough* before you stop reaching in their pockets.
:eusa_eh:

they don't reach into your pockets, they make you reach into your pockets at the point of a gun! The liberal has no idea what democracy is. He thinks it is a way to steal from others

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

.And Obama has stated how much is enough? :

great point!! A liberal will never say how big is big. Government is far bigger than ever and liberals still always want it bigger and bigger. The more welfare they hand to one generation the more people there are who need it in the next generation.

A liberal will lack the IQ to understand this. The only solution is to make them illegal as the Constitution intended.

People didn't come to America to be on welfare entitlements, they came to be free!

Look RDean -- I'm gonna be straight and fair. There IS a wealth gap. I was interested in HOW they measured it because I'm curious and scientifically inclined. (A 6% member!!). Imagine my dissapointment after working hard to find the source of that data -- I get to a dead end with "UNPUBLISHED analysis" and "paid for by" an extreme left wing nuthouse.

Now this is wrong on so many levels. ONE -- you have no business hitting on right-wing sources when you are the largest purveyor of slutty data on the board. And TWO -- you spend so much time lecturing us all on scientific method and how it should be devoid of political agenda.

It would be a MASSIVE undertaking to quantify the Wealth gap and how it's changing. It is and will remain elusive. Not so much for INCOME -- because of easier public access to Income records.

Here's bottom line -- It's more important that we get the BASIC UNDERLYING FACTS correct than all of the debate points scored in pointless one-liners..

I'm curious and scientifically inclined.

Good. Then you should be doing research. Here are a few things for your "scientific and logical" mind to "find out".

Find out where the US ranks in "income inequality".
Then find out how that affects the economy.
Then find out whether the grows when income inequality is smaller or larger.
Then find out about buying politicians to change the law so what was illegal now isn't.

Find these things out and then come back. You will be prepared for an adult discussion.

i assume you'll be arranging for an adult?

good deanie. have a cookie.

That's it? That's all you've got?

what the left wing castro loving media will never tell you,,,,,,the 1% who is hoarding a few trillion dollars,,,are all waiting for President O'Bozo To Leave the White House with his bedroom slippers!! and as soon as Romney or Cain is in the White House&they fire all the CZARS,,then they WILL INVEST IN AMERICA !!!

No, they won't. They will cut taxes for corporations and subsidize more jobs being moved to China. They will slash education and continue to do what they have been doing. To think they would do anything different is naive.

You have Republicans who passed out TARP to banks and Wall Street, to save the economic system that went into a tailspin because of Republican mismanagement and Republican deregulation. Republicans helped business move millions of jobs to China. Republicans subsidized companies that moved jobs to China.

If Republican policies were so good for the US and so popular, why are Republicans working so hard for "voter suppression"? And at this point, it's clear they are doing exactly that. The Post Office. Voter ID. What they doing with state's DMV's. It can't be denied. Even Mike Huckabee joked about "participating". One of those "jokes but I really mean it wink wink".

Its actually funny to see them these tools protesting about how unfairly put upon the wealthiest people in the world are.

its actually not funny,stupid,liberal, and anti American to oppose the wealth gap with violent liberal tax theft rather than by ending welfare entitlements so the poor can work and earn some wealth of their own!!

Last edited:
to save the economic system that went into a tailspin because of Republican mismanagement ".

who can say with a straight face that liberal Fanny/Freddie/CRA/FHA/Fed/ gave $6 trillion in loans that the Republican free market would not give, and this did not cause the current housing depression?

See why we are positive a liberal will have a low IQ? Is any other conclusion possible!

Last edited:
100-1=99, not 90.

Math isn't rdweeb's best subject. He doesn't like his teacher - so it's the teacher's fault that he's an idiot.

I guess you are another one with reading comprehension problems. If it had been stated that the top 1 percent earns more than the bottom 99 percent, it would be an untrue statement. The statement that the top 1 percent earns more than the top 90 percent is a correct statement. It is not a math problem.

It is, however, a false statement.

100-1=99, not 90.

Did you ever address the fact that your entire OP was based on a lie?

I'm curious and scientifically inclined.

Good. Then you should be doing research. Here are a few things for your "scientific and logical" mind to "find out".

Find out where the US ranks in "income inequality".
Then find out how that affects the economy.
Then find out whether the grows when income inequality is smaller or larger.
Then find out about buying politicians to change the law so what was illegal now isn't.

Find these things out and then come back. You will be prepared for an adult discussion.

i assume you'll be arranging for an adult?

good deanie. have a cookie.

That's it? That's all you've got?

What else does anyone need?

You have Republicans who passed out TARP to banks and Wall Street, to save the economic system that went into a tailspin because of Republican mismanagement and Republican deregulation. Republicans helped business move millions of jobs to China. Republicans subsidized companies that moved jobs to China.

If Republican policies were so good for the US and so popular, why are Republicans working so hard for "voter suppression"? And at this point, it's clear they are doing exactly that. The Post Office. Voter ID. What they doing with state's DMV's. It can't be denied. Even Mike Huckabee joked about "participating". One of those "jokes but I really mean it wink wink".

Will someone please point out what deregulation occurred under Bush? How does increasing the amount of regulations equal deregulation even if we use left wing math?

Forum List

Back