Toothy Terrified of Garbage Disposal...Americans Should be Terrified of Her Agenda

Does anyone actually believe her story? Wasn’t she a bartender or waitress in New York? And she seriously expects people to buy into her story?

I like AOC but she is playing you.

Garbage disposals are rare in New York, weren't even legal until 1997 and are still banned in many if not most apartments. And they really don't figure in "bars" anyway.

Does anyone actually believe her story? Wasn’t she a bartender or waitress in New York? And she seriously expects people to buy into her story?

Garbage disposals are rare in New York, weren't even legal until 1997 and are still banned in many if not most apartments. And they really don't figure in "bars" anyway.

I guess the way to avoid taking in what is apparently new information is to rate it "funny" and run away. That way you don't have to admit to having just been schooled on something.

>> Are garbage disposals illegal in New York City? How do you get caught and what’s the penalty?

A: Garbage disposals have been legal in New York for more than a decade now, but our BrickTankexperts confirm that many if not most New York City apartment buildings—particularly prewars—still don’t allow them.

Unfortunately, the older pipes that serve many of the city’s vertical villages tend to have so much sludge and scaling in their waste lines that the additional ground-up waste produced by a garbage disposal can result in clots, back-ups, overflows and property damage, say property managers Thomas Usztoke and Michael Wolfe.

Sometimes the clogs are only an issue in part of the building, however.

In his co-op, says Manhattan architect William W. Suk, a horizontal pipe connects two vertical pipes partway up the building.

“The food waste built up over time and eventually the 50 year old pipe gave way and burst into the apartment below,” he says. “Not a pretty scene.” << --- Brick Underground (NYC real estate site)​

So there you have it. A lot of, if not most, New Yorkers have no experience with garbage disposals. Which, when you think about the big picture beyond what's in Numero Uno's kitchen, is kind of disgusting.

I've never lived there but I've never had one either, nor would I want one.

I guess the way to avoid taking in what is apparently new information is to rate it "funny" and run away. That way you don't have to admit to having just been schooled on something.

>> Are garbage disposals illegal in New York City? How do you get caught and what’s the penalty?

A: Garbage disposals have been legal in New York for more than a decade now, but our BrickTankexperts confirm that many if not most New York City apartment buildings—particularly prewars—still don’t allow them.

Unfortunately, the older pipes that serve many of the city’s vertical villages tend to have so much sludge and scaling in their waste lines that the additional ground-up waste produced by a garbage disposal can result in clots, back-ups, overflows and property damage, say property managers Thomas Usztoke and Michael Wolfe.

In his co-op, says Manhattan architect William W. Suk, a horizontal pipe connects two vertical pipes partway up the building.

“The food waste built up over time and eventually the 50 year old pipe gave way and burst into the apartment below,” he says. “Not a pretty scene.” << --- Brick Underground (NYC real estate site)​

So there you have it. A lot of, if not most, New Yorkers have no experience with garbage disposals. Which, when you think about the big picture beyond what's in Numero Uno's kitchen, is kind of disgusting.

So the first time you saw a garbage disposal you were terrified?

I didn't have a home with a garbage disposal until 2000's. I saw them when I worked at restaurants, never recall being terrified by one.

I wonder if she will be treated for PTSD?

If you want to buy into her moronic BS, be my guest. You aren't going to change my opinion about this. I think it is comical.

I didn't have a home with a garbage disposal until 2000's. I saw them when I worked at restaurants, never recall being terrified by one.

If you want to buy into her moronic BS, be my guest. You aren't going to change my opinion about this. I think it is comical.

Great job of addressing points I never made.

Here again for the slow readers is the post you rated "funny":

Simple statement of fact, which I backed up. And you tried to connect it to "bars", which is dishonest. You had no answer for either of those.

So yes it's eminently possible that someone from New York with its tall buildings, or any number of other places, would have never seen a garbage disposal before. I have, and they're obnoxiously loud, so the reaction is not notable. It's only those butthurt parrots following their orders of what to claim to be butthurt about, in this case the kitchen activities of some Congresscritter who lives literally a thousand miles away from the OP, simply because she has a "D" after her name in her day job, which is alarmingly pathetic. And this fake-outrage over an appliance that literally doesn't exist in some places reflects an equally ignorant egocentrism.

Simple statement of fact, which I backed up. And you tried to connect it to "bars", which is dishonest. You had no answer for either of those.

So yes it's eminently possible that someone from New York with its tall buildings, or any number of other places, would have never seen a garbage disposal before. I have, and they're obnoxiously loud, so the reaction is not notable. It's only those butthurt parrots following their orders of what to claim to be butthurt about, in this case the kitchen activities of some Congresscritter who lives literally a thousand miles away from the OP, simply because she has a "D" after her name in her day job, which is alarmingly pathetic. And this fake-outrage over an appliance that literally doesn't exist in some places reflects an equally ignorant egocentrism.

I don't care. Anyone who is terrified by a garbage disposal at the age of 29 is crazy. Most of AOC, I like, she holds Democrats to the fire. In fact 90% of my posts about AOC are positive, so I have no butt hurt about her being in Congress, but that is just you crying. In this instance, I'm sorry, I don't and won't buy it.

I don't care. Anyone who is terrified by a garbage disposal at the age of 29 is crazy. Most of AOC, I like, she holds Democrats to the fire. In fact 90% of my posts about AOC are positive, so I have no butt hurt about her being in Congress, but that is just you crying. In this instance, I'm sorry, I don't and won't buy it.

I don't give a flying fuck what you "buy", I simply pointed out the non-presence of this technology in New York, and you can't handle it.

And no garbage disposal anywhere has anything to do with "Congress". And you're not the OP anyway, are you. Or didn't you figure that out.

I don't give a flying fuck what you "buy", I simply pointed out the non-presence of this technology in New York, and you can't handle it.

And no garbage disposal anywhere has anything to do with "Congress". And you're not the OP anyway, are you. Or didn't you figure that out.

How freakin dumb are you? I don't care whether you or anyone else has, had heard or owned a garbage disposal.

My only point is that it is not believable that a 29 year old would be afraid of the garbage disposal! That is it! Done! Do you understand? The fact that you go on and on about the damn thing is funny, that is why I rated it funny, and will continue to think you, AOC are funny on this issue.

I never claimed that garbage disposal had a damn thing to do with this issue. I made a comment about someone that is 29 being afraid of a garbage disposal as she claimed. It is funny to me.

How freakin dumb are you? I don't care whether you or anyone else has, had heard or owned a garbage disposal.
Apparently you do, because when I noted the other day that such devices are rare and/or banned in New York, you rated it "funny" because you can't dispute it.

My only point is that it is not believable that a 29 year old would be afraid of the garbage disposal! That is it! Done! Do you understand? The fact that you go on and on about the damn thing is funny, that is why I rated it funny, and will continue to think you, AOC are funny on this issue.

I never claimed that garbage disposal had a damn thing to do with this issue. I made a comment about someone that is 29 being afraid of a garbage disposal as she claimed. It is funny to me.

And my post had nothing to do with AOC, so you were putting a "funny" on the factual information itself. And you also tried to suggest it would have something to do with being a "bartender" and there ain't no way around that. You lose.

Forum List

Back