took away the red x's and replaced them with blue circles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to commit heresy....

THE REP SYSTEM WORKED!

For the most part that is. No, I don't mean with fuckwads like Statist who made a career of rep whoring, but when you would see someone like rdean, or the Nazi of the week from Stormfront socks with their rep turned off. you could tell instantly that these were posters that you might want to poke with a sharp stick, but never would take seriously.

It was a time saver. Sure, the regulars all know Puddley Pillowbite and Shallow, but that zero rep they used to pack would let even noobs know that "hey, you're not dealing with quality here..."

[/rant]

Wow. I just noticed this. Not sure what I think of it.

I post at another board that has one button. Like. Thats it. Works for me.

this reminds me of my Ma. Every christmas...my sister and I got the same presents. EXACTLY the same. Ma said it was because we would fight over who got the best prezzie. She was right in that...but it still took away from our individuality.

Ma, stop it. I am me. Sis is sis. Let us be unique whether we fight over our toys...or congrat each other on the fine prezzie each of us got that was DIFFERENT.

Meanwhile...Matrix? Is that you? Go away.

(Matrix is a dictator Admin at a senior forum....if you say THUG or say "you are wrong" to someone in a post...he deletes your post and waggles his finger at you for days for being "not a nice senior citizen"). Oy.

why have to hit / open "list" to see the names - seeing the names was what made "thanks" kinda fun ...

displaying the names makes it meaningful.
That is the very feature I miss the most. It was nice to actually see the names of people of like mind. :thup: It personalized the posting experience.

There were a couple of posters that were engaging in red check abuse, and they would never be reprimanded so they just took away everybody's ability to use it.

How can it be abused? You either agree with a post, or disagree, or have no opinion either way. The red x was for disagreement. What's the abuse of red xing a post you disagree with?

What about abuse of the 'agree' buttons?

Agree that its not possible to "abuse" this system. Its simply the statement of one's opinion.

So, there were two ways to approve of a post and one to disapprove and being disapproved of was all just too much for some people to bear?

Sheesh.

Next we will be awarding and subtracting teddy bears.

cute_sleeping_teddy_bear_wallpaper.jpg

Yurt posted the like 200 red x's he had rec'd from Statist. Rather than reprimand statist, they just got rid of the exes.

Okay, so Yurtles (and you) are tattle tales.

What's to "reprimand"? He, Yurtles and you have stated your opinion. Should Yurtles and you also be reprimanded?

Grow up.

You righty reactionaries keep whining for awhile, you feel better. Maybe.

Yurt posted the like 200 red x's he had rec'd from Statist. Rather than reprimand statist, they just got rid of the exes.

Okay, so Yurtles (and you) are tattle tales.

What's to "reprimand"? He, Yurtles and you have stated your opinion. Should Yurtles and you also be reprimanded?

Grow up.

Who did I tattle on, loon?

Hundreds. of. redexes.

crreeeeppppyyyyy

Why do people feel the need to be so abrasive for no reason?

Shut the fuck up!

:poke:
:offtopic:
There were a couple of posters that were engaging in red check abuse, and they would never be reprimanded so they just took away everybody's ability to use it.

How can it be abused? You either agree with a post, or disagree, or have no opinion either way. The red x was for disagreement. What's the abuse of red xing a post you disagree with?

Agree that its not possible to "abuse" this system. Its simply the statement of one's opinion.

So, there were two ways to approve of a post and one to disapprove and being disapproved of was all just too much for some people to bear?

Sheesh.

Says the douche who turned off his rep cause it was so bad

Shut the fuck up!

Sheesh.

Because it was stupid and childish - and compeltely one sided.

New system had checks and balances until the RWs whined and got the RED X turned off.

Shut the fuck up!

Sheesh.

New system had checks and balances until the RWs whined and got the RED X turned off.
Don't give me one sided you ass. The FIRST DAY I joinded I had a neg from ravi in the first 2 posts. Sent me straight into the red hell. Like my job I worked hard to be relevant to the forum and slowly made it work. Foreign concept I know. Funny thing was as soon as my rep equalled hers the negs stopped.

Funny, the old rep system was tilted against the morons but somehow the new one isn't. Like the makeup of the board changed or something.

The old system was far better. It exposed the useless trolls for what they were.

Shut the fuck up!

Sheesh.

Don't give me one sided you ass. The FIRST DAY I joinded I had a neg from ravi in the first 2 posts. Sent me straight into the red hell. Like my job I worked hard to be relevant to the forum and slowly made it work. Foreign concept I know. Funny thing was as soon as my rep equalled hers the negs stopped.

Awwwwwwwwww ... I had no idea how bad it has been for you.

Get them to reinstate the RED X and I'll get you some pay back.

Okay, not really cuz dudette, you're just getting a sample of what you hand out. But, keep whining ... maybe somebody is taking you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back