Too Powerful For Equality!

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
That's right...the brief filed on behalf of the GOP by Paul Clement, the $520 an hour lawyer hired to defend DOMA, claims that gays are just too politically powerful and therefore should not obtain equal rights through the judicial branch as so many civil rights have been granted.

The $3 Million Dollar Bigotry Brief

Can't tell you how pleased I am that my tax dollars paid for this crap.

Not exactly.
QUESTION PRESENTED
Whether Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act,
1 U.S.C. § 7, violates the equal protection component
of the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment.
To which Clement (or the Brief) argues that "Homosexuals are far from Politically Powerless".

Interestingly Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd had argued against Homosexual Marriage because the Gov't would lose hundreds of millions if not billions in Tax Revenue! (page 39)

One way to tell when someone is full of crap is to notice that entire articles are posted along with a one-sentence statement purporting, without specific references, to be a summary of the entire article. The hope, of course, is that some number of readers will not investigate the legitimacy of this summary, but will simply accept it as accurate. The OP is a case in point.

One way to tell when someone is full of crap is to notice that entire articles are posted along with a one-sentence statement purporting, without specific references, to be a summary of the entire article. The hope, of course, is that some number of readers will not investigate the legitimacy of this summary, but will simply accept it as accurate. The OP is a case in point.

No article was posted. What are you talking about. All words were my own, typed from my own little fingers. The linked brief is all the GOP's.

Not exactly.
QUESTION PRESENTED
Whether Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act,
1 U.S.C. § 7, violates the equal protection component
of the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment.
To which Clement (or the Brief) argues that "Homosexuals are far from Politically Powerless".

Interestingly Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd had argued against Homosexual Marriage because the Gov't would lose hundreds of millions if not billions in Tax Revenue! (page 39)

Right, too powerful, not beaten down enough. That's your $3 million dollar argument. :lol:

Question: Were blacks politically powerless when Loving was decided?

By "article" I obviously meant the linked brief, but thanks for trying to distract from the subject matter. Either you didn't read it or you are propagating false information: The brief was merely responding to an assertion by your Libtard cohorts that gays have somehow been politically disenfranchised, NOT that they are "too politically powerful." Is your entire existence based on lies?

By "article" I obviously meant the linked brief, but thanks for trying to distract from the subject matter. Either you didn't read it or you are propagating false information: The brief was merely responding to an assertion by your Libtard cohorts that gays have somehow been politically disenfranchised, NOT that they are "too politically powerful." Is your entire existence based on lies?

:lol: The brief is an attempt to not have the SCOTUS review DOMA. Why? Because they are going to lose.

Were blacks politically powerless when Loving was decided, yes or no?

Last edited:

:lol: The brief is an attempt to not have the SCOTUS review DOMA. Why? Because they are going to lose.

Hey guess what? Being a homosexual isnt important.

That's right...the brief filed on behalf of the GOP by Paul Clement, the $520 an hour lawyer hired to defend DOMA, claims that gays are just too politically powerful and therefore should not obtain equal rights through the judicial branch as so many civil rights have been granted.

I read $570 an hour someplace. It also stated that was a base rate and would be more in some instances.

I read $570 an hour someplace. It also stated that was a base rate and would be more in some instances.

The GOP keeps upping the contract. It started out at like 1 mill and now we're up to 3.

Hey guess what? Being a homosexual isnt important.

Equal rights are.

The GOP keeps upping the contract. It started out at like 1 mill and now we're up to 3.

Time to raise the debt limit!

Forum List

Back