"Too much to handle" - News of losing all your kids at once

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Simply horrible - I cannot even being to fathom what these parents are going thru:

LAKE BUTLER, Fla. - Barbara and Terry Mann were supposed to complete their adoption of a 20-month-old boy on Thursday. Instead, they were planning funerals for him and their other four children — all killed in a fiery car wreck.

The accident Wednesday, which also killed two young relatives, cast a pall over this small town of about 2,000 people in northern Florida. After hearing of the accident, Barbara Mann’s grief-stricken father suffered a heart attack and died.

“It’s hard to fathom what it’s like to lose five children, two nieces and a father in one shot. It seems like a burden too big to bear,” said Scott Fisher, a family spokesman and pastor at the Lake Butler Church of Christ.

Read the rest at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11057565/

About three years ago some good friends of mine lost their 6 year old son in an accident. There's no way to briefly describe the heartache it caused them, as well as those of us close to them. Changed some of us forever.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for them to lose all of those kids at one time. They will never be the same.

Absolutely tragic. I don't think anyone could even imagine what they are feeling.

I'm a bit curious though......the driver of the car was 15. Driving illegally.

How?

"A tractor-trailer rear-ended the children’s car and crushed it against a school bus that had stopped to drop off students, authorities said. The car burst into flames, and everyone inside was killed, including 15-year-old Nicky Mann, who was driving illegally with just a learner’s permit and was apparently taking her adopted siblings home from school. Three children on the bus were seriously injured."

Had she done this before? Did mom and dad know she had taken the car?

It doesn't change what happened......don't misunderstand.

I would just like to know a little more background......

Technically yea its "illeagal" but the girl did have a drivers permit (I remember I got one at about that age too), but they were stopped behind a school bus unloading kids so there is no way she did anything wrong.

I'd like to hear the truck driver's side of the story....

theHawk said:
Technically yea its "illeagal" but the girl did have a drivers permit (I remember I got one at about that age too), but they were stopped behind a school bus unloading kids so there is no way she did anything wrong.

I'd like to hear the truck driver's side of the story....

Ohhhh..I know..she didn't do a thing wrong (except, well, techinically, drive)..but the truck driver is 100% to blame. She was following all traffic laws, etc.....

It will be interesting to see what charges are filed against the truck driver; and then what he ends up getting/pleaing...etc.

Forum List

Back