Too Much Sitting Can Kill You, Study Suggests

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

MONDAY, March 26 (HealthDay News) -- For better health, try standing up more, a new study suggests. Those who spend 11 or more hours a day sitting are 40 percent more likely to die over the next three years regardless of how physically active they are otherwise, researchers say.

http://gma.yahoo.com/too-much-sitting-kill-study-suggests-200408243.html

Last edited:
I have heard that it's actually as little as sitting six hours per day, and that you can't compensate for it by going to the gym after work. I once went to a physical therapist who informed me that "chairs are evil"!

MONDAY, March 26 (HealthDay News) -- For better health, try standing up more, a new study suggests. Those who spend 11 or more hours a day sitting are 40 percent more likely to die over the next three years regardless of how physically active they are otherwise, researchers say.

Too Much Sitting Can Kill You, Study Suggests - Yahoo!

Are your hemorrhoids bothering you again dante?

Americans are so used to being lied to by politicians and the left wing media that nobody even questions the words " a new study suggests". The dirty little secret is that you can get any suggestions you want from "new studies" if you have the money to commission them. I saw the insane news bite that recommended a tread mill in office workstations to keep fit. Can you imagine the law suits resulting from tread mill accidents in the workplace? Maybe the ambulance chasing law firms commissioned the "studies"?

Too Much Sitting Can Kill You, Study Suggests - Yahoo!

Are your hemorrhoids bothering you again dante?

When I had somebody to kiss my ass, they weren't such an issue. But now they're so dry .. just begging for some Hot-Lips

mashhotlips.png

Americans are so used to being lied to by politicians and the left wing media that nobody even questions the words " a new study suggests". The dirty little secret is that you can get any suggestions you want from "new studies" if you have the money to commission them. I saw the insane news bite that recommended a tread mill in office workstations to keep fit. Can you imagine the law suits resulting from tread mill accidents in the workplace? Maybe the ambulance chasing law firms commissioned the "studies"?

I once read a study that said message board idiots were dumber than shit.

true story

Forum List

Back