Too many laws - kids get hurt

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
Too many laws about what you can and cannot do to or for your kids when they are in the clutches of public education.

The over-control has made a complete turnaround to utter negligence even for their simple safety.

US mom angry after kids sunburned during field trip

A mom in Washington state is steaming mad after her two daughters were so badly sunburned during a school field trip, they had to be taken to hospital.

Michener was particularly outraged because her daughter Zoe has very fair skin from a form of albinism. She said the school's staff are aware of her daughter's condition, but couldn't make an exception.

The school board says it has to ban sunscreen because it's state law.

She also couldn't try to protect her girls with sun hats because hats are not allowed at school, even on field days.

....​

article-2163905-13C30322000005DC-314_306x423.jpg

Last edited:
They want children to have a helmet for everything but then they will turn around and mandate the most stupid regulations that hurt children.

Check this one out. I swear these type of stories make my head spin faster than Linda Blair's in the Exorcist.

Girl Who Borrowed Asthma Inhaler Expelled From School

Girl Who Borrowed Asthma Inhaler Expelled From School « CBS Denver

And I love this quote from one of the girls. This is the lesson she learned. Says it all and makes me just want to slap someone silly at that Board of Ed.

“The lesson that I learned from this is not to help people, because helping people is just going to get yourself in trouble,” McKinney said.

McKinney father, Tim McKinney, says he doesn’t understand why his daughter’s friend was dismissed in the last semester before high school.

“You work so hard your whole life to instill good morals into your children only for the school to break them,” Tim McKinney said.

There's already a thread about this. The woman knew the rules and never bothered to get a doctor's note....even though one of her kids is an albino??? And sent one of them to school in a sleeveless shirt.

gmafb

There's already a thread about this. The woman knew the rules and never bothered to get a doctor's note....even though one of her kids is an albino??? And sent one of them to school in a sleeveless shirt.

gmafb

I know Ravi just hates white people, so an albino white must get Ravi's blood boiling. But, Ravi is right, this time.

Mom knew the rules. She still didn't put sunscreen on her child before school. Some might have come off, but not all. She still sent her child to school in a sleeveless shirt. And, maybe mom should have said "fuck the rules" and gave her daughter a small container of sunscreen or a visor to take to school... with a note from mom. Only the most incompetent of teachers would have pushed the rules. Worst case is a suspended child, rather than a hospitalized child.

Stupid, inflexible rules exist primarily because of stupid parents, especially shit-brained Afros who yell racism every time their shit-brained idea of what is right conflicts with a far smarter teacher's idea of what is right.

gmafb
Sorry. I missed the thread. Maybe the mods will merge.

seems if her child has this rare form of albinoism that she would be aware that you apply sunscreen even when its raining or overcast.....basically you dont go out...and there are no raccoon marks....
i have never known anyone with albinoism who doesnt wear glasses....

the mother is just fucking with the school....bet she will sue

seems if her child has this rare form of albinoism that she would be aware that you apply sunscreen even when its raining or overcast.....basically you dont go out...and there are no raccoon marks....
i have never known anyone with albinoism who doesnt wear glasses....

the mother is just fucking with the school....bet she will sue
heh....didn't catch the no glasses thing.

The school board says it has to ban sunscreen because it's state law.

She also couldn't try to protect her girls with sun hats because hats are not allowed at school, even on field days.

What's that smell? Oh yeah...Nanny State Liberalism.

Why on earth would the state ban sunscreen?
The article says that they worry about allergies.

Ah huh...so it's better to just let the kids get torched instead? Maybe a few skin cancer lesions?

Keep in mind that almost all these stupid rules have come about because some parent or parents didn't take common sense responsibility and sued in the past.
Too true, too. But my opinion is why make a law that cedes parental duties - and rights - to the government because morons exist.

They will always exist.

Keep in mind that almost all these stupid rules have come about because some parent or parents didn't take common sense responsibility and sued in the past.
Too true, too. But my opinion is why make a law that cedes parental duties - and rights - to the government because morons exist.

They will always exist.

Except in this case the law puts the onus of responsibility on the parents.

They will always exist.

Ravi, there is a state law disallowing sunscreen to be in the possession of the kids.

They will always exist.

Ravi, there is a state law disallowing sunscreen to be in the possession of the kids.
Without a doctor's note. Thereby putting the responsibility with the parents.

I don't agree with these laws but it isn't as if the parents are helpless.

Seems to me school authorities have a duty to protect. In the instant matter the teacher breached this duty and harm was done to the child. As noted above mom might have prevented the harm had she provide a Doctor's note but failed to do so. In terms of negligance, with the facts I know, the greater harm was done by the teacher in not observing the situation and using a remedy not prohibited by policy, i.e. moving the children inside or into shade.

Bottom line, I'd sue the teacher, the schoool, the principle and the district. Medical experts agree that severe sunburn as a child can result in skin cancers in the future.

Forum List

Back