Too little water? Or?

I dunno UScit

Maybe there is too little Potable water, too little drinkable water....only about 6% of all the water on earth is drinkable.

The answer would be not to spoil or waste, through pollution, our drinking water available...

and probably to spend the time to create a means to cheaply make salt water in to potable water....

And perhaps figure out how the heck to capture and store all of the fresh water melting from the ice caps and glaciers in the artic and greenland... :D

It is a damn shame that we flush our toilets with drinking water instead of reclaimed water....some sort of easy retrofit of all of our toilets, could be created...?

I don't think it is as simple a choice as having only the 2 choices to choose from, when it comes to water vs people....there is lots we can do, on the water end imo.

Care

The area in FL where I used to live has been on watering restrictions and such for over 12 years...

As we reported last month, Yale researchers Rob McGinnis and Dr. Menachem Elimelech have developed a proprietary desalination system called Engineered Osmosis that they say could produce clean drinking water from seawater or other wastewater at half the current cost. Now that their new company— Oasys Water—has secured Series A funding, it can proceed with the development of its potentially revolutionary commercial desalination platform.

Company officials claim the Engineered Osmosis (EO) process can produce drinking water at less than half the cost of current desalination methods by eliminating the need the for high-pressures used in modern Reverse Osmosis systems, thereby cutting electricity and fuel demands by more than 90%.

The result is a reduction in the economics of seawater desalination that will ultimately bring the cost of producing water from the ocean below the cost of conventional surface water, such as that used in California’s aquaduct system.

“Water shortages are no longer a ‘far-away’ problem,” said Aaron Mandell, President and CEO of Oasys, in a statement. Mendell noted that the ongoing drought in California, coupled with the fact water production is already the single largest use of California’s electrical grid, makes such developments so timely.

Engineered Osmosis: Revolutionizing Saltwater Desalination : CleanTechnica

Water should not be an issue as long as we apply the resources to harvest it. The biggest issue with these salt water plants up until recently has been the cost related to fuel however thats not so much an issue any longer. One other issue that these plants run into like almost every other major construction project in this nation clean or otherwise is the environmental groups that oppose almost every project for various reasons. Like the plant set to be built in California.

California has been in a water crisis for years. Poseidon is one of many private corporations who are hoping to end that crisis. Specializing in desalinizing salt-water so that it can be used in homes, the Poseidon desalinization plant could provide 15 million gallons of fresh water a day–enough for 100,000 homes. For years now, the company has been struggling against environmental groups and the Carlsbad city council in order to begin construction of its plant on the coast of Southern California. On Tuesday, November 11, 2009 they were authorized to receive public bonds that could amount to $350 million over 25 years.

Carlsbad Deslinization Plant Gets Public Funding | San Diego Entertainer Magazine

Good one citizen however in this case the water is for public use and as such this private company is entitled to some sort of payment for their services. I'm sure your not under the mistaken impression that Govt. be it state, local or Fed. actually produce anything are you? Private companies are paid to provide a service with public funding. Just as an example, each time you see Air Force One on TV carrying the President, keep in mind that a private company built the aircraft and were paid with public funds.

Good one citizen however in this case the water is for public use and as such this private company is entitled to some sort of payment for their services. I'm sure your not under the mistaken impression that Govt. be it state, local or Fed. actually produce anything are you? Private companies are paid to provide a service with public funding. Just as an example, each time you see Air Force One on TV carrying the President, keep in mind that a private company built the aircraft and were paid with public funds.

but Airforce one is no longer owned by the builder.

A chinese or Dubai company will buy the water processor in a few years and then a chinese corporation will have the power of eminent domain to run new water lines.

Last edited:
Yes but they are selling the product and thats the water, much like Boeing, did not sell the plant in which the aircraft was produced but rather the aircraft itself. Much the same can be said for the water project they are buying the water that will be produced not the plant.

Abortion is cheaper than bombs to thin people out.

Not necessarily. A bomb addresses the root cause of the problem. Imagine if an 'undesirable' woman is allowed to live and has a baby or two because some Eugenicist wasn't doing their job. The resultant population boom would be catastrophic. Just look at New Jersey.

We have plenty of land and resources to accommodate our population and the USA'S population IS IN DECLINE...once the boomers are gone our population reduces or barely maintains the level we are at....

We are the bread basket of the world, and feed the world with our produce...worse comes to worse, we could feed our country FIRST, as we should.

Third world countries are who have a population explosion or rather, many non westernized countries...the westernized countries do not have a population explosion, they are ALL in the same shape as us, a declining population on the horizon once their boomers kick the bucket.

I'd say, it is NOT up to us to dictate to these other countries on how many kids they can have due to this foreseen shortage of clean water and food in their regions of the world....it IS UP TO THEM to do something about their future...maybe we can assist in helping them educate their citizens on what's to come for them if they do not start using birth control? But that's the most we should involve ourselves in their future problems....imo.

Care

We have plenty of land and resources to accommodate our population and the USA'S population IS IN DECLINE...once the boomers are gone our population reduces or barely maintains the level we are at....

We are the bread basket of the world, and feed the world with our produce...worse comes to worse, we could feed our country FIRST, as we should.

Third world countries are who have a population explosion or rather, many non westernized countries...the westernized countries do not have a population explosion, they are ALL in the same shape as us, a declining population on the horizon once their boomers kick the bucket.

I'd say, it is NOT up to us to dictate to these other countries on how many kids they can have due to this foreseen shortage of clean water and food in their regions of the world....it IS UP TO THEM to do something about their future...maybe we can assist in helping them educate their citizens on what's to come for them if they do not start using birth control? But that's the most we should involve ourselves in their future problems....imo.

Care

A bit of popular myth there. For the last few years our food imports and exports have been about even.
At least for one year the imports were higher than exprorts until our gummit adjusted the figures.

Care

A bit of popular myth there. For the last few years our food imports and exports have been about even.
At least for one year the imports were higher than exprorts until our gummit adjusted the figures.

our gvt pays farmers NOT TO GROW FOOD, NOT TO FARM....things like that, will just have to change with the times. Shoot, I could grow all the vegetables and fruit I need in my own yard.... we as a country have not utilized all of our many resources available to us uscit....not by a longshot.

And as we hear every day, our population is shrinking, that's why we do not have enough people to cover the Boomer's retirement yahdeedah....and this is why the EU is in the same boat as us....though, all the muslim populations that they have allowed in to their countries could push their populations higher with all the kids they are having....?

Yes, we do have a water shortage, but if the new, less costly desalinization process that Navy mentioned comes in to fruition, we will lesson our water shortage problem.

yes, our cities may be getting too large and something needs to be done there, but just on the main road that I live off of, we have 6 families in 20 square miles...there are plenty of States that can accommodate many more people....imho.

The problem with clean water and overpopulation lies elsewhere...

Care

Care

our gvt pays farmers NOT TO GROW FOOD, NOT TO FARM....things like that, will just have to change with the times. Shoot, I could grow all the vegetables and fruit I need in my own yard.... we as a country have not utilized all of our many resources available to us uscit....not by a longshot.

And as we hear every day, our population is shrinking, that's why we do not have enough people to cover the Boomer's retirement yahdeedah....and this is why the EU is in the same boat as us....though, all the muslim populations that they have allowed in to their countries could push their populations higher with all the kids they are having....?

Yes, we do have a water shortage, but if the new, less costly desalinization process that Navy mentioned comes in to fruition, we will lesson our water shortage problem.

yes, our cities may be getting too large and something needs to be done there, but just on the main road that I live off of, we have 6 families in 20 square miles...there are plenty of States that can accommodate many more people....imho.

Care

We also have fewer people every year growing the crops on land that is being eaten away by development.

Yes I grow a garden and have a freeaer full of food and Jars of canned beans and such on the shelves.
City folks are at the mercy of others though.

Care

We also have fewer people every year growing the crops on land that is being eaten away by development.

Yes I grow a garden and have a freeaer full of food and Jars of canned beans and such on the shelves.
City folks are at the mercy of others though.

That's true about city folk....but there are changes that even they can make or we on a whole, can make.

We already are having less than 2 children a year per couple in this country on average, that will not even replace both parents in full....

We seem to have a growing homosexual population that will also lead to less children being born....

I am not saying certain regions do not have a problem, like our coastal populations, but I do believe we are smart enough, through various means, to correct our shortfalls that we may have in water and food...again, this is just my opinion.:)

Forum List

Back