too little too late...

WASHINGTON – Determined to project both command and compassion, President Barack Obama is returning to the Louisiana coast for a fresh reality check on work to stanch the oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico and the spiraling effects of the nation's worst environmental disaster. The president underscored the mounting political implications by abruptly canceling plans for a trip to Indonesia and Australia later this month.

Addressing a crisis that threatens to undermine his presidency, Obama spoke for many Thursday in declaring himself furious at a situation that "is imperiling an entire way of life and an entire region for potentially years." Friday's trip will be his second to the Gulf in eight days, answering critics in both parties who suggest he has seemed detached from the crisis.

Polls show the public growing more negative toward the president's handling of the spill.

'Furious' Obama heading to Gulf for spill update - Yahoo! News

you cant stop the damage that has been done by the passed how many days....

obama is simply trying to save face at this point....

Yeah, because there was SO much more he could have done to prevent the damage from millions of gallons of oil leaking from BPs well:cuckoo:

He has to communicate better with the victims of this crisis down there. He was there the first time for a short look and frankly, I was disappointed.

He's very smart and the administration may be making heroic efforts behind the scenes but he has to become hands on in these situations.

I hear the people down there are not blaming him but want some answers. Maybe he doesn't have answers but like one of my favorite people said the other night:

They want Obama to feel their pain like another great president used to do. Dee Dee Myers

Of course she was referring to Bill Clinton..

Forum List

Back