too little too late...

he has certainly avoided saving the gulf....not that in reality he could have...but his late pr bullmal is just that

If he had gone to the Coast every other day since the spill started, it would have been just as much PR bullshit. Obama is doing exactly what he should be doing - staying out of the way of people who actually know what they're doing.

Which, in this case, happens to be NO ONE.

But when Bush felt the need to stay away from NO as his being there would truly interfere with humanitarian efforts as well as strain on the already broken down policing system and, of course, having to close the few streets not flooded for his motorcade, he was labeled as a racist.

Exacly who's way would Obama be in down there? Did the slick close most of the streets so his motorcade would be a real dsiruption? Is the airport needed for humanoitrian relief? Has the police departments of the area been compromised?

Or is Obama a....uh.....pelican hater?

he has certainly avoided saving the gulf....not that in reality he could have...but his late pr bullmal is just that

If he had gone to the Coast every other day since the spill started, it would have been just as much PR bullshit. Obama is doing exactly what he should be doing - staying out of the way of people who actually know what they're doing.

But when Bush felt the need to stay away from NO as his being there would truly interfere with humanitarian efforts as well as strain on the already broken down policing system and, of course, having to close the few streets not flooded for his motorcade, he was labeled as a racist.

Exacly who's way would Obama be in down there? Did the slick close most of the streets so his motorcade would be a real dsiruption? Is the airport needed for humanoitrian relief? Has the police departments of the area been compromised?

Let me try this once more. People were pizzed at Bush's lack of a response to katrina, not because Bush got there 7 days after the fact, but because FEMA got there 3-4 days after the fact.

I don't blame Bush for staying away. I think he should have stayed away more. You must be confusing me for someone else, I never complained about Bush staying away from New Orleans.

Let me try this once more. People were pizzed at Bush's lack of a response to katrina, not because Bush got there 7 days after the fact, but because FEMA got there 3-4 days after the fact.

No sir. You are spinning it. Bush was blamed for taking a fly by in Air Force 1 and not landing. Many said t was becuase he dd not appr4ciate black peole.

Our government in general was blamed for the FEMA delay and yes, Bush, as the POTUS was where the buck stopped.

But to deny that Bush was blasted for the fly by and not landing is just plain old disingenuous on your part.

And for you to present it with "let me try this once more" is nothing more than one trying to be arrogant while knowing his argument is weak.

Why, oh why, is this so hard for the Bush faithful to understand??

Not just the Bush faithful. None of us understand the spin. You both seemed to have forgotten the true facts.....I stated exactly how they were a few posts down.

WASHINGTON – Determined to project both command and compassion, President Barack Obama is returning to the Louisiana coast for a fresh reality check on work to stanch the oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico and the spiraling effects of the nation's worst environmental disaster. The president underscored the mounting political implications by abruptly canceling plans for a trip to Indonesia and Australia later this month.

Addressing a crisis that threatens to undermine his presidency, Obama spoke for many Thursday in declaring himself furious at a situation that "is imperiling an entire way of life and an entire region for potentially years." Friday's trip will be his second to the Gulf in eight days, answering critics in both parties who suggest he has seemed detached from the crisis.

Polls show the public growing more negative toward the president's handling of the spill.

'Furious' Obama heading to Gulf for spill update - Yahoo! News

you cant stop the damage that has been done by the passed how many days....

obama is simply trying to save face at this point....

With all the insults and vitrol against Barack and his family I am amazed he gives a crap about americans any more.

I wouldn't blame him if he came on the TV and told the country to go fuck itself...You assholes were the ones that bought the drug. Now drown in it bitches.

There is no comon decency left in this country. We got what we paid for at the pump..now that we have a little glimpse of the real price to drive our SUVs the simpletons want to blame a president of 14 months.

WASHINGTON – Determined to project both command and compassion, President Barack Obama is returning to the Louisiana coast for a fresh reality check on work to stanch the oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico and the spiraling effects of the nation's worst environmental disaster. The president underscored the mounting political implications by abruptly canceling plans for a trip to Indonesia and Australia later this month.

Addressing a crisis that threatens to undermine his presidency, Obama spoke for many Thursday in declaring himself furious at a situation that "is imperiling an entire way of life and an entire region for potentially years." Friday's trip will be his second to the Gulf in eight days, answering critics in both parties who suggest he has seemed detached from the crisis.

Polls show the public growing more negative toward the president's handling of the spill.

'Furious' Obama heading to Gulf for spill update - Yahoo! News

you cant stop the damage that has been done by the passed how many days....

obama is simply trying to save face at this point....

With all the insults and vitrol against Barack and his family I am amazed he gives a crap about americans any more.

I wouldn't blame him if he came on the TV and told the country to go fuck itself...You assholes were the ones that bought the drug. Now drown in it bitches.

There is no comon decency left in this country. We got what we paid for at the pump..now that we have a little glimpse of the real price to drive our SUVs the simpletons want to blame a president of 14 months.

Funny. A year and a half is now 14 months.

You spin even when you arent trying.

I remember on my 12th birthday I brioke a window and my mom said "you are almost 13 years old. Start acting like an adult"...yep. On my 12th birthday.

Not just the Bush faithful. None of us understand the spin. You both seemed to have forgotten the true facts.....I stated exactly how they were a few posts down.

I don't even remember Bush DOING fly by.....you really need to sharpen the brush you are trying to paint with dude...

I don't even remember Bush DOING fly by.....you really need to sharpen the brush you are trying to paint with dude...

Try googling Katrina and Bush fly by.
Not sure if you are serious. If you are, then I am quite surprised. It was his major critique of Katrina.
Nah. You can't be serious.

Not sure if you are serious. If you are, then I am quite surprised. It was his major critique of Katrina.

I AM serious....and just like Obama....what was Bush supposed to do personally? FEMA screwed up. Bush was POTUS, so he get sthe blame for that. I don't see the parallel to the oil leak?

I AM serious....and just like Obama....what was Bush supposed to do personally? FEMA screwed up. Bush was POTUS, so he get sthe blame for that. I don't see the parallel to the oil leak?

None whatsoever. As I said earlier, all I would expect Obama to do is be there for the people with compassion.
Instead, he has given some prepared speeches and orated hate for the oil industry. He has made threats and then met with Marv Albert.
He was elected for his charisma. Use it.

None whatsoever. As I said earlier, all I would expect Obama to do is be there for the people with compassion.
Instead, he has given some prepared speeches and orated hate for the oil industry. He has made threats and then met with Marv Albert.

I don't think the people on the gulf coast want presidential compassion. They want BP to get the leak plugged, get the oil out of their gulf and off their shores. I'd be williing to bet you that if you gave anyone on the gulf coast this choice, they would not choose presidential compassion.

No, that's not his job. I'd much prefer him to focus on actual work, rather than photo-ops and grandstanding. This is a job for scientists, not charismatic speakers.

I don't think the people on the gulf coast want presidential compassion. They want BP to get the leak plugged, get the oil out of their gulf and off their shores. I'd be williing to bet you that if you gave anyone on the gulf coast this choice, they would not choose presidential compassion.

I have to go with beowolfe on this one...

Why does one have to supercede the other?

Why cant Obama show compassion to the people, not threaten the 30,000 jobs of the people he insisted stop working from the other platforms, and instead show them compassion as well WHILE BP works on plugging the leak?

Instead, he announces he is da man to fix da problem, (like he knows his ass from his elbow as it pertains to engineering), shows anger; threatens an industry; threatens legal action, and meets with Marv Albert and Paul McCartney.

I have to go with beowolfe on this one...

I did not know that one person can not show compassion while the other fixes the problem.

So why do they have those psychologists meet with the rape victims while the police look for the rapist? I must believe she really wants the rapist caught more than anything else.

Next?

Wow. He is "Furious".

mr-furious.jpg

Good for him.

Why cant Obama show compassion to the people, not threaten the 30,000 jobs of the people he insisted stop working from the other platforms, and instead show them compassion as well WHILE BP works on plugging the leak?

Instead, he announces he is da man to fix da problem, (like he knows his ass from his elbow as it pertains to engineering), shows anger; threatens an industry; threatens legal action, and meets with Marv Albert and Paul McCartney.

Because it's not the President's job to show compassion, Bill Clinton to the contrary.

I don't want a President who'll give me a hug and tell me everything will be alright. I want a President who will actively work towards making things alright.

Because it's not the President's job to show compassion, Bill Clinton to the contrary.

I don't want a President who'll give me a hug and tell me everything will be alright. I want a President who will actively work towards making things alright.

So you want him to sit down and start applying his engineering skills to determine what the best solution is?

Does anyone on this fucking forum have a fucking clue what the role of the President is besides campaigning for his party and signing legislation into law?

Forum List

Back