Too late to call out Obama and the Dems?

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
I realize that the reports that Obama may cave to the GOP concerning extending the Bush tax cuts are preliminary, but WTF already? The Democrats still hold their majorities until January 1st. Rather than play right into the GOP's hands, why don't Obama and the Democrats band together and pass their proposed extension for the middle class and eliminate the cuts for the richest 2%?

This would in turn force the GOP to attempt to ram through new cuts for just the richest 2% of America. I don't get it?

I realize that the reports that Obama may cave to the GOP concerning extending the Bush tax cuts are preliminary, but WTF already? The Democrats still hold their majorities until January 1st. Rather than play right into the GOP's hands, why don't Obama and the Democrats band together and pass their proposed extension for the middle class and eliminate the cuts for the richest 2%?

This would in turn force the GOP to attempt to ram through new cuts for just the richest 2% of America. I don't get it?

s0n.........where I come from, we just had an election and the people had their say: "Fcukk the class warfare BS!!!". Thats the fallout from 682 state legisltor + for the GOP and all the governorships and all of those House seats.

Its called trying to save your political hide..........

On taxes, the lefties are discussing the matter as if they scored an epic victory!!!!:fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies:

Last edited:

s0n.........where I come from, we just had an election and the people had their say: "Fcukk the class warfare BS!!!". Thats the fallout from 682 state legisltor + for the GOP and all the governorships and all of those House seats.

On taxes, the lefties are discussing the matter as if they scored an epic victory!!!!:fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies:

Regardless of the election results, until January 1st, the Democrats still have the majority in the House, Senate and of course occupy the White House. IF they had any balls, they would do what they believe to be right for the American middle class now and force the GOP to try to pass massive tax breaks for the richest Americans after they take power.

Well. First, glad to see I found some of the older peeps I used to post with. Second....didnt I tell ya this was gonna happen? :D If Hills had been elected, a lot more would have gotten done by now.

Just sayin :)

Well. First, glad to see I found some of the older peeps I used to post with. Second....didnt I tell ya this was gonna happen? :D If Hills had been elected, a lot more would have gotten done by now.

Oh please. Hillary was more polarizing than Cariboue Barbie at the time she was running. Had she been elected, she would have invaded some other non-threatening country already just so she could prove she was in charge. Just sayin'.....

Regardless of the election results, until January 1st, the Democrats still have the majority in the House, Senate and of course occupy the White House. IF they had any balls, they would do what they believe to be right for the American middle class now and force the GOP to try to pass massive tax breaks for the richest Americans after they take power.

and receive less revenue to the federal government??? Fcukking brilliant s0n!!!:lol:

The far left doesnt give a rats ass about the welfare of the country.....as long as the capitalist gets fcukked.

Its a brilliant stroke of political genius for Obama. Had he held out on this, reelection would be virtually impossible. This serves two purposes: 1) Amp up the economy 2) Puts the ball in the court of the GOP. On balance......Obama has waaaaaaaaaaay more to gain politically.

On this.......frankly, Id prefer he fall in lockstep with his k00k base. But alas...........

Oh please. Hillary was more polarizing than Cariboue Barbie at the time she was running. Had she been elected, she would have invaded some other non-threatening country already just so she could prove she was in charge. Just sayin'.....

I will give you the polarizing, that much is certainly true, as witnessed. However, I submit that she wasn't polarizing because of her own deeds, but polarizing because of others' perceptions of her.

I think that is actually what was needed at the time. Someone who wasn't going to sit around on their hands and try to gather the replublicans to the camp fire singing kum-ba-ya for two years. We can now see where that has gotten us, and frankly, a lot of the independents like me are now pretty pissed.

Obama had no idea what he was really getting himself into, and has been mainly ineffective in getting anything done that he said he wanted to get done. When they had that republican convention thing a while back, I thought he was going to rally, but alas...he didnt.

I think, however, that the comment about her taking us into another war is completely baseless. Maybe, if another country had tried to limit test her resolve...she may have had to put the boot down... but barring that, I feel that she would have stuck to more domestic issues and the things that need to get done here. :)

I will give you the polarizing, that much is certainly true, as witnessed. However, I submit that she wasn't polarizing because of her own deeds, but polarizing because of others' perceptions of her.

I think that is actually what was needed at the time. Someone who wasn't going to sit around on their hands and try to gather the replublicans to the camp fire singing kum-ba-ya for two years. We can now see where that has gotten us, and frankly, a lot of the independents like me are now pretty pissed.

Obama had no idea what he was really getting himself into, and has been mainly ineffective in getting anything done that he said he wanted to get done. When they had that republican convention thing a while back, I thought he was going to rally, but alas...he didnt.

I think, however, that the comment about her taking us into another war is completely baseless. Maybe, if another country had tried to limit test her resolve...she may have had to put the boot down... but barring that, I feel that she would have stuck to more domestic issues and the things that need to get done here. :)

IF Hillary had only been polarizing to the Republicans, she would have had a chance. Unfortunately, her polarization reached across all facets of America. Hence, she lost out to Obama.

One reason they're spooked to do what you propose is how badly independents abandoned them in the recent elections. They broke bigtime for Republicans, 56% voting for GOP candidates to 38% for Dims, a 36-point swing from the '06 midterms and 26-point swing from Barry's presidential election. They also favor extending the current tax rates for all income levels. The Dims don't want to piss independents off any more than they already have because they're doomed without them in '12.

Oh please. Hillary was more polarizing than Cariboue Barbie at the time she was running. Had she been elected, she would have invaded some other non-threatening country already just so she could prove she was in charge.
Project, much?

:rolleyes:

Oh please. Hillary was more polarizing than Cariboue Barbie at the time she was running. Had she been elected, she would have invaded some other non-threatening country already just so she could prove she was in charge. Just sayin'.....[/QUOTE]

Both Obama and Hillary were not liberal enough for me and I was concerned from the beginning about Obama's lack of experience. At the time I was thinking he had less political experience than any modern president (Eisenhower had never held political office but he did have WWII that I'm sure taught him a thing or two). I think people were carried away by Obama's orating and let it guide their votes. I didn't see Hillary as polarizing and in hindsight I think she might have been stronger than Obama in office. I don't think she would have gotten us into another war, but the global community might have had a little more respect for her than they seem to have for Obama.

Obama had no idea what he was really getting himself into, and has been mainly ineffective in getting anything done that he said he wanted to get done.
I guess that's one o' the "perks" o' being independent; never (actually) keeping-track of what non-independents do (....'cause being engaged is a little-too-much work). :rolleyes:

IF Hillary had only been polarizing to the Republicans, she would have had a chance. Unfortunately, her polarization reached across all facets of America. Hence, she lost out to Obama.

they were virtually tied....50% dems wanted her, 50% wanted obama....
sorry...
he had NO LANDSLIDE win, it came down to the very last primary and some democratic party machinations for obama to win...

Obama had no idea what he was really getting himself into, and has been mainly ineffective in getting anything done that he said he wanted to get done.
I guess that's one o' the "perks" o' being independent; never (actually) keeping-track of what non-independents do (....'cause being engaged is a little-too-much work). :rolleyes:

I guess the first mistake is in assuming i havent kept up with things. I have kept up, and I even watched that show. The main thing is, I don't agree with everything she said there.

Out of the things she highlighted, there are only a couple of them that I consider "ground breaking". The student loans thing is definitely a big ticket item and is commendable. It is also one of the only things he has done that he said he wanted to do. Health care reform cant really be counted because it is NOT the health care reform e said he was going to pass. It is actually more like the plan Hillary said she wanted passed than the one he outlined during the primaries. He even said that he was against mandatory sign up, which will most likely be the way it is implemented, when and if it actually GETS implemented, given the fact that a lot of the tea party people have been elected at this point, and those people have vowed to "fix the mistake".

The bailout? Really? Even to this day there are people who have determined that it wasn't a good idea, even if i am not one of those people...and the response that that garners? That was something Bush put into effect. The majority of those items are not things he campaigned on, and the things he campaigned on have not been met.

His energy policy would have been something that created hundreds of thousands of jobs had he focused on it. Where is that?

At every turn, on his mainline campaign points, he has met overwhelming opposition, in a democrat controlled congress. That is why the independents didnt vote to keep the democrats in power.

no, the true uptick of being an independent, is that one can look objectively at the merits of both conservative and liberal values, and be able to rationally see the results which have come of the efforts, and not have to "toe the line" :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back