Too Good!

TheOne said:
Is this print?

Are you defending this?
Not defending nor condoning. Simpl;y making the point that it is not in print and therefor the only way it would be known to a child is through the parent.

From your link -
In response to Cheney, Leahy reminded Cheney that the vice president had once accused him of being a bad Catholic, to which Cheney replied either "f--- off" or "go f--- yourself."
Even your source is not sure what was said; are you? There is no doubt in my mind some explecative was used, but is not the point.

So, if you are going to take threads off topic and debate another point, please do so with accurate information and try not judge my intent until you at least know it.

Thank you.

TheOne said:
So, it's OK unless you're a Democrat's wife?

PErhaps you didn't see the whole situation. She had called for an end to "Un-American" politics. Whena reporter, doing his job, asked her what she meant by un-american, she insisted that she didnt say that and that he was putting words in her mouth. When she discussed the incident with her advisor, she learned that the reporter was from a conservative newspaper. She then stormed back and told him to shove it.

A little different wouldnt you say?

Cheney tells off a congressmen who lied about him the previous day then wanted a photo-op.

Terezzza tells off a reporter doing his job.

Kathianne said:
And that is worse than Clinton's bj, excuse of 'oral sex is not sex' excuse? How?

I never said it was. You are the one who thinks Cheney has good interpersonal skills. I showed you why he doesn't.

TheOne said:
I never said it was. You are the one who thinks Cheney has good interpersonal skills. I showed you why he doesn't.

No you didn't, he expressed himself quite well. If the other person didn't like it, tough toenails.

HGROKIT said:
Not defending nor condoning. Simpl;y making the point that it is not in print and therefor the only way it would be known to a child is through the parent.

That's because kids don't learn anything from one another?

HGROKIT said:
From your link - Even your source is not sure what was said; are you? There is no doubt in my mind some explecative was used, but is not the point.

That is exactly the point. You seem to think the incident wasn't in the news and that chidren wouldn't know anything of this. It was on TV too.

HGROKIT said:
So, if you are going to take threads off topic and debate another point, please do so with accurate information and try not judge my intent until you at least know it.

I didn't take the thread off topic. People were posting jokes and I posted a few of my own. I got called out on one (and I didn't call anyone else out on theirs) and I defended it.

insein said:
IT took you 25 minutes to type 3 sentences? Geez.

I'm the last to make excuses for someone else, but I know when I was in school could take me hours to post one message! I'll assume this person was at work!

Kathianne said:
No you didn't, he expressed himself quite well. If the other person didn't like it, tough toenails.

Telling someone to F___ OFF! is bad interpersonal relations skills. That language is not acceptable in any form of civilized dialog. PERIOD. If someone at your office or school was angry with you and told you to F__ OFF in a public place, would you say he/she expressed himself quite well? Where does F___ OFF end? Wouldn't the proper response in your logic be the escalation of hostilities until violence ensues?

I am assuming you think Mrs. Kerry expressed herself quite well then too, right?

TheOne said:
Telling someone to F___ OFF! is bad interpersonal relations skills. That language is not acceptable in any form of civilized dialog. PERIOD. If someone at your office or school was angry with you and told you to F__ OFF in a public place, would you say he/she expressed himself quite well? Where does F___ OFF end? Wouldn't the proper response in your logic be the escalation of hostilities until violence ensues?

I am assuming you think Mrs. Kerry expressed herself quite well then too, right?

Schools, even offices, are different than politics. C'mon we're all adults and know that...

insein said:
IT took you 25 minutes to type 3 sentences? Geez.

I had no idea you were at your computer clicking refresh awaiting my response. My apologies. I have more pressing needs to attend to. I guess, looking at your post count since April, you probably don't.

Kathianne said:
Schools, even offices, are different than politics. C'mon we're all adults and know that...

I don't. And I think a large chunk of America shares my view. Cheney's approval numbers are abysmal and many Republicans think the Bush ticket would benefit with Cheney off it. Go ahead and admire his profanity and the pride he had in it though.

TheOne said:
I don't. And I think a large chunk of America shares my view. Cheney's approval numbers are abysmal and many Republicans think the Bush ticket would benefit with Cheney off it. Go ahead and admire his profanity and the pride he had in it though.

And I'll assume you are as intolerant of Theresa's, though Cheney didn't look like he was going to scratch anyone's eyes out. Nevertheless, fine to leave it as we agree to disagree!

TheOne said:
That's because kids don't learn anything from one another?
Self propogating. Parent teaches child child teaches child what parent taught it. My point was that nothing was spelled out in PRINT or on TV.

I didn't take the thread off topic. People were posting jokes and I posted a few of my own. I got called out on one (and I didn't call anyone else out on theirs) and I defended it.
Your version.

You did not address any of my other points, you seem to be stuck on the same rhetoric, but that is ok.

Just so we are clear on facts yo have not refuted:
1) I did not condone or condemn
2) You are NOT sure of what Cheney said nor was your quoted source
3) As to item 2 and kids; since no one seems to know for sure what he did or did not say, then any example he might prove to be to kids would come from the interpretation provided to the child from the childs parent.

TheOne said:

Who said there was any civilized dialog going on? El Senator was acting like a jerk, lying about Cheney and Bush lying and then trying to act like he was a friend. you call that civilized?

Forum List

Back