Too Funny- Gallup Poll- Papa Obama behind Generic Republican

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

pxozsh_vh0gxaxlc6augvg.gif

To be fair,

the election is way off and Gallup says it is not statistically significant; but,
the last time the same poll was taken -- a month ago -- Papa Obama held a three point lead over a generic Republican . A swing is a large 8 percentage points in one month is not good.

Furthermore, Gallup says Papa Obama trails the generic Republican by 5 percent .
While the notes to the poll give it "95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points."
It is outside the margin of error

Last edited:

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/pxozsh_vh0gxaxlc6augvg.gif

To be fair,

the election is way off and Gallup says it is not statistically significant; but,
the last time the same poll was taken -- a month ago -- Papa Obama held a three point lead over a generic Republican . A swing is a large 8 percentage points in one month is not good.

Well you're right that polls taken in July 2011 are pretty meaningless for an election that is more than a year away. And we both know you could stick certain actual Republican names in there instead of 'generic' and Obama would be ahead.

But I don't believe I've ever seen this happen before. It certainly is a ringing rebuff of Obama's positions, agenda, and performance. And I don't know if he is smart enough or has enough of a clue of WHY his positions, agenda, and performance are getting a thumbs down enough to turn it around.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/pxozsh_vh0gxaxlc6augvg.gif

To be fair,

Well you're right that polls taken in July 2011 are pretty meaningless for an election that is more than a year away. And we both know you could stick certain actual Republican names in there instead of 'generic' and Obama would be ahead.

But I don't believe I've ever seen this happen before. It certainly is a ringing rebuff of Obama's positions, agenda, and performance. And I don't know if he is smart enough or has enough of a clue of WHY his positions, agenda, and performance are getting a thumbs down enough to turn it around.

Agree

At this point in time, people know they want Anyone But Obama.

If things continue as they are going then it would be a good time for a primary challenger to him, like Carter had happen.

However, the Left and the MSM has too much "invested" in him and his "historical" presidency. Since the Left tends to be more symbolism over substance, I doubt they could handle a primary challenger to him.

Try installing, oh, say, moochelle baccchmannnnn, and Obama trounces her hands down. what say you then?

That is really funny

The only problem is that Obama beats the shit out of any Republican with a name

Give it time... 8 points in one month- the momentum is not on his side

At this point, people know they don't want to vote for him if they have to

Like I said, this would be a good time for a Democratic challenger

Last edited:
That is really funny

Do you understand how politics works? Which democratic challenger would beat Obama?

Which republican would beat Obama?

The Republicans are running their weakest field in a generation. Once Romney wins the nomination, he will offer token resistance to Obama

The lack of enthusiasm for any Republican is uninspiring

GOP will have to wait until 2016

The Republicans are running their weakest field in a generation. Once Romney wins the nomination, he will offer token resistance to Obama

The lack of enthusiasm for any Republican is uninspiring

GOP will have to wait until 2016

The lack of enthusiasm for any of Papa Obama's economic policies is uninspiring

Good to seem some on the Left still have "Hope"
It may all you have come 2012

oldbeggar-or-hope-change-minus-hope-i1933.jpg

Last edited:
The field of Republicans is dramatically uninspiring

There are no Old school Republicans who have run the party for years
No young up and comers

Just Romney.....pretty slim pickings

That is really funny

Do you understand how politics works? Which democratic challenger would beat Obama?

Which republican would beat Obama?

If the polls and the economy continue as they are going?

Do you really think some Democrats will want to just sit around and just watch Papa Obama lose?

You don't think the Clintons are just going to sit by the wayside, do you?

Last edited:
Do you really think some Democrats will want to just sit around and just watch Papa Obama lose?

I know it wasn't me you asked but I can't help observing that there were several of those bigwig Democrat tub thumpers in the barbershop this afternoon. Quite an argument among them as to whether it's prudent to have your name linked with his (Obama's, that is) if you think to maybe run for something down the road sometime.

One of them gave up his place in line and went back to his boat (more like a small ship) saying he was going over to Nantucket for a haircut where the barber might still be an Obama Democrat. He seemed concerned about the haircut he might get what with Phil (the barber) being all caught up in the discussion and maybe not paying full attention.

Probably a wise decision?

Who knew most of those big boats belong to Democrats?

Last edited:
And Obama is inspiring??? Wrongwinger.. the only thing that ignorant motherfucker inspires is for someone to fix his mess... Hell, I would rather the fucker do nothing, it would be less harmful.... Any REP candidate who just repeatedly nails Obama's abysmal failures and can show a history of conservative voting should beat this chump

McConnel has come up with a "fail safe" plan to raise the ceiling, that he is hoping will put the blame on Obama. But instead, most Independents will see the GOP as passing the buck.

First they create a crisis by insisting on massive cuts while keeping tax breaks for the rich. Then, when they are not given their "dogmatic" way, they walk away from their responsibility and blame Obama. If Obama calls their bluff and there is a default, as McConnell said, it could be the end of the Republican brand.

Voters will quickly realize that if these guys are in charge, we will be in for 4 years of chaos, of slash and burn. At the end of their reign, there will be lots more millionaires, lots more poor, and the middle class will be the smallest in US history.

The Poor are such a pain for the GOP, aren't they?

I have no doubt that if the Republicans ran a candidate that was even remotely sane they would win. But I don't see that happening!

McConnel has come up with a "fail safe" plan to raise the ceiling, that he is hoping will put the blame on Obama. But instead, most Independents will see the GOP as passing the buck.

First they create a crisis by insisting on massive cuts while keeping tax breaks for the rich. Then, when they are not given their "dogmatic" way, they walk away from their responsibility and blame Obama. If Obama calls their bluff and there is a default, as McConnell said, it could be the end of the Republican brand.

Voters will quickly realize that if these guys are in charge, we will be in for 4 years of chaos, of slash and burn. At the end of their reign, there will be lots more millionaires, lots more poor, and the middle class will be the smallest in US history.

The Poor are such a pain for the GOP, aren't they?

It was really fun watching Ann Coulter, who supports McConnell's plan, go toe to toe with Sean Hannity, who strongly opposes it, last night. One of the better segments all week. :)

Forum List

Back