Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003562.htm

Pick and links at site:
DRIVING MISS ARIANNA
By Michelle Malkin · September 17, 2005 08:14 AM

huffmobile.jpg
The HuffMobile

Reader Doug, who posts at FreeRepublic.com, sent this photo, which he took while covering the Sierra Club's national summit in San Francisco last weekend. The handsome, full-size sport utility vehicle pictured above is a Chevy Suburban. It was sent by the anti-SUV environmental puritans of the Sierra Club to pick up fellow, eco-zealot Arianna Huffington, who gave rousing, Bush-bashing, closing remarks at the eco-summit.

Yes, Arianna "Why I Drive a Toyota Prius" Huffington. Yes, Arianna "SUV drivers enable terrorism" Huffington.

I interviewed Sierra Club national spokesman Eric Antebi by phone yesterday, who confirmed that the group sent the SUV. He blamed an "outside contractor," which he declined to name, for the rather dissonant choice of vehicle.

"It is ridiculous," Antebi admitted. "It's something we regret and we've learned our lesson."

Curious, I asked Antebi whether any of the staff at the Sierra Club headquarters owned and drove SUVs. He stumbled and said the group didn't keep track of who drove what. It's "a personal decision," he explained. "People drive different cars for different reasons."

Well, um, exactly. Now, wouldn't it be nice if these anti-SUV green busybodies took the same attitude towards the rest of us and left our car choices alone?!

Update:

Mr. KABC is on the case.
KSFO elects The HuffMobile snapshot its Favorite Photo of the day.
Glenn Reynolds: "Heh. Is that miles per gallon, or gallons per mile?"
The Bad Hedgehog: "All the stretch Hummer limos were taken already."
Rob Port on Arianna then and now.
Mister Snitch on the celebrity politics of energy.

Forum List

Back